Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? (14353 Views)

Why Did God Send Satan To Earth??? / Why Did God Have To ''Kill His Son''? / Did God Create Hell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Mamacita007(f): 12:41am On Oct 20, 2013
I need a biblical answer to this question becos cain's sacrifice was the works of his hands & God rejected it. sometimes we ask God for things we want soo bad & he wont bless us with it. is it that cain's sacrifice is not good enough? ive heard of people being raised from the dead through prayer meanwhile others will pray for their loved ones & they'll die right in front of our eyes. how can we make our sacrifices more acceptable unto God?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by olarwarlay(m): 1:00am On Oct 20, 2013
Mamacita007: I need a biblical answer to this question becos cain's sacrifice was the works of his hands & God rejected it. sometimes we ask God for things we want soo bad & he wont bless us with it. is it that cain's sacrifice is not good enough? ive heard of people being raised from the dead through prayer meanwhile others will pray for their loved ones & they'll die right in front of our eyes. how can we make our sacrifices more acceptable unto God?

I cannot really think of a biblical answer to your question right now, but what i can say on this is that God alone understands how he does His things.

Sometimes, His timing is totally different from ours and when he doesn't give us an immediate answer, we think He is not willing to help us. I could say my life has been a clear example of this particular topic.

I think what we need to realize is that God doesn't follow the human timing but acts when he pleases and trust me, it is always worth the wait.

15 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by kpolli(m): 1:35am On Oct 20, 2013
Mamacita007: I need a biblical answer to this question becos cain's sacrifice was the works of his hands & God rejected it. sometimes we ask God for things we want soo bad & he wont bless us with it. is it that cain's sacrifice is not good enough? ive heard of people being raised from the dead through prayer meanwhile others will pray for their loved ones & they'll die right in front of our eyes. how can we make our sacrifices more acceptable unto God?

Easy.... Cain brought an offering, Abel brought the firstlings of his flock Gen 4:3-4

The bolded is the keyword.... Respect God first before u start enjoying

17 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by olarwarlay(m): 1:37am On Oct 20, 2013
^^^^ Pastor Kpolli... grin
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by ayoku777(m): 2:55am On Oct 20, 2013

Gen 4v4 ...And the Lord had respect UNTO ABEL and to his offering.

Gen 4v5 ...But UNTO CAIN and to his offering he had no respect.

This two verses answer your question. God accepts a man before he accepts his offering. Cain offered his fruit but not himself. When you do that, God will respect NEITHER. God is not remotely as impressed with what we give as much as he is with our life. And that was made obvious from God's rebuke in v7 ...If THOU doest well, shall thou not be accepted? So what was wrong with cain's offering? CAIN.

So to answer your second question, you make your offering more acceptable to God by first offering yourself. Your life is the true worth of every other thing you offer. The best offerings are the ones that come with the life of the offerer.

41 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by clip: 2:59am On Oct 20, 2013
Gen 4:6
And the LORD said unto Cain, Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?
7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted? and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door. And unto thee shall be his desire, and thou shalt rule over him.
God reject Cain because the sacrifice was not done with the right mind.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by ayoku777(m): 4:26am On Oct 20, 2013
And as for your other question on miracles. There is one major denominator in signs and wonders and divine intervention, it is called GLORY.

Glory is the presence of Christ, and His presence is the carrier of all His essense. Where there is glory there WILL BE miracles

Many christians have not travailed to be able to bring forth the glory of Christ. We simply pray with long faces hoping God will pity us. Emotionalism is not what triggers the supernatural, it is His glory.

When we seek and travail to behold and bring forth His glory like our lives depend on it (and it does), we will see miracles.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by kpolli(m): 5:50am On Oct 20, 2013
olarwarlay: ^^^^ Pastor Kpolli... grin

Happy birthday bro smiley wink

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by asamaigho(m): 8:29am On Oct 20, 2013
ayoku777: And as for your other question on miracles. There is one major denominator in signs and wonders and divine intervention, it is called GLORY.

Glory is the presence of Christ, and His presence is the carrier of all His essense. Where there is glory there WILL BE miracles

Many christians have not travailed to be able to bring forth the glory of Christ. We simply pray with long faces hoping God will pity us. Emotionalism is not what triggers the supernatural, it is His glory.

When we seek and travail to behold and bring forth His glory like our lives depend on it (and it does), we will see miracles.

gbam on pt
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 20, 2013
I was about to say what kpolli said.. grin grin
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by free2ryhme: 10:53am On Oct 20, 2013
it was unworthy and defiled

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Iceman296: 10:54am On Oct 20, 2013
Its Simple, God Always Want the Best from Us. Nothing other than the Best!

Cain's Sacrifice Wasn't Impressive Enough.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by geesilver(m): 11:01am On Oct 20, 2013
ℓ̊ think hȋ̝̊̅ڪ intention matters alot, may bε G̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴͡D̶̲̥̅ was not plsd with hȋ̝̊̅ڪ mind.........its A̶̲̥̅ guess oo not A̶̲̥̅ fact
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by bionicdude(m): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2013
i was not there. grin but if i see cain i will ask him 4 u
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Alwaystrue(f): 11:09am On Oct 20, 2013
ayoku777:

Gen 3v4 ...And the Lord had respect UNTO ABEL and to his offering.

Gen 3v5 ...But UNTO CAIN and to his offering he had no respect.

This two verses answer your question. God accepts a man before he accepts his offering. Cain offered his fruit but not himself. When you do that, God will respect NEITHER. God is not remotely as impressed with what we give as much as he is with our life. And that was made obvious from God's rebuke in v7 ...If THOU doest well, shall thou not be accepted? So what was wrong with cain's offering? CAIN.

So to answer your second question, you make your offering more acceptable to God by first offering yourself. Your life is the true worth of every other thing you offer. The best offerings are the ones that come with the life of the offerer.
Thank you. You could not have said it better. It is Genesis 4:4-5 by the way.

Remember God's word also in:
Malachi 1:8
And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts.

2 Corinthians 8:5
And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.

It is about giving God ourselves first then we will give Him our first and/or our best.

4 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Nobody: 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
Cos he never really wanted to give em in the 1st place.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by tchaik(m): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
HE IS NOT A VEGETARIAN; INFACT, HE ABHORS VEGIES.

YOU VE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Sageez(m): 11:14am On Oct 20, 2013
bionicdude: i was not there. grin but if i see cain i will ask him 4 u
na wa to u o
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by cold(m): 11:16am On Oct 20, 2013
Mudley313: The question to be asked here is what would almighty yahweh need burnt food and animal sacrifices for just like our traditional juju gods?

oh i forgot, in leveticus he declared his insatiable love for burning flesh; dude is one disturbed sick minded freak

>>>>>runs away before i get crucified by his followers like their crazy god crucified his only begotten son
Not just animal sacrifices,children were also offered to Yahweh as burnt offering. Seriously the mind boggles

Judges 11:29-40

29 Then the Spirit of the Lord came upon Jephthah, and he passed over Gilead, and Manasseh, and passed over Mizpeh of Gilead, and from Mizpeh of Gilead he passed over unto the children of Ammon.30 And Jephthah vowed a vow unto the Lord, and said, If thou shalt without fail deliver the children of Ammon into mine hands,31 Then it shall be, that whatsoever cometh forth of the doors of my house to meet me, when I return in peace from the children of Ammon, shall surely be the Lord's, and I will offer it up for a burnt offering.32 So Jephthah passed over unto the children of Ammon to fight against them; and the Lord delivered them into his hands.33 And he smote them from Aroer, even till thou come to Minnith, even twenty cities, and unto the plain of the vineyards, with a very great slaughter. Thus the children of Ammon were subdued before the children of Israel.34 And Jephthah came to Mizpeh unto his house, and, behold, his daughter came out to meet him with timbrels and with dances: and she was his only child; beside her he had neither son nor daughter.35 And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes, and said, Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, and thou art one of them that trouble me: for I have opened my mouth unto theLord, and I cannot go back.36 And she said unto him, My father, if thou hast opened thy mouth unto the Lord, do to me according to that which hath proceeded out of thy mouth; forasmuch as the Lord hath taken vengeance for thee of thine enemies, even of the children of Ammon.37 And she said unto her father, Let this thing be done for me: let me alone two months, that I may go up and down upon the mountains, and bewail my virginity, I and my fellows.38 And he said, Go. And he sent her away for two months: and she went with her companions, and bewailed her virginity upon the mountains.39 And it came to pass at the end of two months, that she returned unto her father, who did with her according to his vow which he had vowed: and she knew no man. And it was a custom in Israel,40 That the daughters of Israel went yearly to lament the daughter of Jephthah the Gileadite four days in a year.

How Christians read this & flip through to the next page without feeling any tinge of guilt is really baffling

7 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by smart134: 11:19am On Oct 20, 2013
it was not given 4rm his heart
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by tomakint: 11:20am On Oct 20, 2013
When we give ourselves and all to God for His use every other thing we need to be somebody shall be randomly supplied this I know. But the problem here is, mankind find it extremely difficult to serve God this way but would rather serve and honour The Creator's creations except for few among mortals! So, in Cain's case, it could be deduced that he already harbours hatred against his brother, Abel before they appear before God with their sacrifices!

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by ayusco85(m): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2013
because of the quality of his offering. Compared to abel's, cains offering wasn't of gud quality. God felt cain didnt respect him enough to give him that kind of offering.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by ayoku777(m): 11:28am On Oct 20, 2013
Alwaystrue:
Thank you. You could not have said it better. It is Genesis 4:4-5 by the way.

Remember God's word also in:
Malachi 1:8
And if ye offer the blind for sacrifice, is it not evil? and if ye offer the lame and sick, is it not evil? offer it now unto thy governor; will he be pleased with thee, or accept thy person? saith the Lord of hosts.

2 Corinthians 8:5
And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.

It is about giving God ourselves first then we will give Him our first and/or our best.

I was really searching for that second verse you cited. I've corrected the chapter error too. Thanks.
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by ludot(m): 11:39am On Oct 20, 2013
Matthew 5:22 - 24 KJV

But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Therefore if thou bring thy gift to the altar, and there rememberest that thy brother had ought against thee

Leave there thy gift before the altar and first go reconcile with thy brother and come back to offer thy gift.

If you read the above verses in parallel with the story of Cain and Abel, it gives you an insight into why God rejected Cain's offering. Cain does not LOVE Abel. If you like give everything you have to God, if you don't love people, your gift is nothing to Him.

Read the Cain and Abel line by line and word for word.

In Hebrew 11:4 Paul said Abel gave more excellent sacrifice. And he taught in 1 Corinthians 12:31 and 1 Corinthians 13 that LOVE is the more excellent way.

Cain had always hated his brother Abel!

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Sllowppoisoon: 11:42am On Oct 20, 2013
lipsrsealed
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by cold(m): 11:43am On Oct 20, 2013
[/quote]
Re: Why Did God Reject Cain's Sacrifice? by Tinkybabe(f): 11:51am On Oct 20, 2013
It is because of the worth of what he gave,was it his best? (how much was it worth to him).Abel gave his best worth(his all) but Cain gave just something(part).

Gen 4:3-7

3 And in process of time it came to pass, that Cain brought of the fruit of the ground an offering unto the Lord.

4 And Abel, he also brought of the[b] firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof[/b] . And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:

5 But unto Cain and to his offering he had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell.

6 And the Lord said unto Cain, "Why art thou wroth? and why is thy countenance fallen?"

7 "If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?"

This was reflected in a different dimension in another part of the bible -The widow's mite

Mark 12:41-43

41 And He sat down opposite the treasury and saw how the crowd was casting money into the treasury. Many rich people were throwing in large sums.

42 And a widow who was poverty-stricken came and put in two copper mites [the smallest of coins], which together make half of a cent.

43 And He called His disciples [to Him] and said to them, "Truly and surely I tell you, this widow, she who is poverty-stricken, has put in more than all those contributing to the treasury".

God wants us to offer our best,not necessarily in quantity but in quality

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Kumuyi's Emancipation Crusade In Abuja, 30th October / Six Acts You Must Be Exhibiting As A Christian / I Am No Longer A Christian, God Has Failed Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.