Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 (93008 Views)

Nigeria Vs Iran: Fifa U17 WC (4 - 1) On 29th October 2013 / Nigeria Vs Iraq: FIFA U-17 World Cup (5 - 0) On 25th October 2013 / Ethiopia Vs Nigeria - WCQ (1 - 2) On 13th October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by hesinbergx(m): 6:01pm On Oct 21, 2013
smiley that's a sure winning**naija 5 vs sweden 0
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Ahmeduana(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2013
Daziz: No goals for nigeria they have already scored all their goals against mexico either they draw or they ill lose ahhh ahhh.
incurerable sadist! tel me Y wil GOD hav mercy on u? wen u don't have D passion of ur country @ heart.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:27pm On Oct 21, 2013
banky222: you are suffering from colonial mentality. You believe everything white or europe is perfect and Africa? Fake and inferior! Are u not aware that Brazil once got the sticks from fifa over age cheat? They are in S america not Africa. Isaac Success was suppose to write WAEC this yr but his commitment to d team stopped him. Ihenacho has bn in NFF radar since he was thirteen even MRI says they are under the age bracket what else do u want? N
It's funny how revealing self-evident truth is "colonial mentality". I guess if I say America is a more developed nation than Nigeria, or Messi is better than Ahmed Musa, that's "colonial mentality" too. I was addressing the first comment claiming white countries are bigger age cheats than Nigeria - which is a blatant lie. That we're not cheating as much as before is because of the new MRI implementation - which isn't foolproof, although it can at least, seperate a 17-year old from the 26-year-olds like Fortune Chukwudi who we were fielding at U-17. If not for the MRI, the same mentality that makes over 90% of Nigerian jambites to cheat (that one na another matter) is the same mentality that makes most Nigerian players to lie about their age.

Europeans - particularly Western Europe - don't age-cheat in competitions. South Americans have been implicated before but they are learners compared to Africans. Among Africans, West Africans are the worst offenders.

Only the new MRI scheme is bringing back some sanity. And they were brought because of teams like us. Europeans don't use MRI's in their age-grade UEFA competitions because they trust their system.

If you like call it "colonial mentality" or "inferiority complex". That's your problem. I state the truth as I see it and I don't condone cheating.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by king94(m): 6:34pm On Oct 21, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
It's funny how revealing self-evident truth is "colonial mentality". I guess if I say America is a more developed nation than Nigeria, or Messi is better than Ahmed Musa, that's "colonial mentality" too. I was addressing the first comment claiming white countries are bigger age cheats than Nigeria - which is a blatant lie. That we're not cheating as much as before is because of the new MRI implementation - which isn't foolproof, although it can at least, seperate a 17-year old from the 26-year-olds like Fortune Chukwudi who we were fielding at U-17. If not for the MRI, the same mentality that makes over 90% of Nigerian jambites to cheat (that one na another matter) is the same mentality that makes most Nigerian players to lie about their age.

Europeans - particularly Western Europe - don't age-cheat in competitions. South Americans have been implicated before but they are learners compared to Africans. Among Africans, West Africans are the worst offenders.

Only the new MRI scheme is bringing back some sanity. And they were brought because of teams like us. Europeans don't use MRI's in their age-grade UEFA competitions because they trust their system.

If you like call it "colonial mentality" or "inferiority complex". That's your problem. I state the truth as I see it and I don't condone cheating.
Just because age falsification has occurred in d past does not mean u shuld tar all teams with d same brush.They luk U17 to me.If they don't luk U17 to u,its ur personal choice nd I respect dat.

1 Like

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Obi1kenobi(m): 6:53pm On Oct 21, 2013
king94: Just because age falsification has occurred in d past does not mean u shuld tar all teams with d same brush.They luk U17 to me.If they don't luk U17 to u,its ur personal choice nd I respect dat.
I've already acknowledged that it's not as bad as it was because of the MRI tests. I remember I celebrated like a lunatic when we won the Olympics (I think I was in primary 2 at the time) and rejoiced at our Nations Cup win recently. I couldn't do it with our U-17 wins cos they were achieved off the back of age-cheating. It's like supporting an athlete that takes drugs. Patriotism no fit overcome my principle on the issue. But these boys look a little fresher so I hope I'll be prouder of their success.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 7:04pm On Oct 21, 2013
Obi1kenobi:

i still finds it difficult to understand your point exactly. The more you post, the more you continue to flop. Oh Europeans dont use MRI because they trust their age-grade competion? Lol. You sounded more diplomatic on this issue. Meanwhile the important thing be say this crop of players falls within the age bracket. If you still doubt their age kindly write to fifa at football@fifa.com or visit their headquaters in Zurick and lay your complain.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by alexvatt(m): 7:56pm On Oct 21, 2013
It is not going to be an easy match because swedish are good too.

1 Like

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2013
Obi1kenobi

I am in agreement with you. It’s ridiculous to make a substantive inference based on looks alone, because you look 17 doesn’t mean you are. Furthermore, MRI scans are not conclusive they are indicative and are affected by a whole range of variables, in effect they give an age range which you may fall in i.e. 17-22 years of age.

The saying that “A leopard never changes its spots” holds great credence in Nigeria. This problem did not start with the Golden Eaglets but has been in operation for generations in government departments, civil servants, Bank staff, politicians , etc, etc, anything that is age restricted we simply get a sworn declaration of age, and lie. Its ingrained in our society and is not helped that we do not have any National systematic data control that is verifiably unquestionable, that is the problem.

In the UK you have substantive verifiable data control from the day you are born till the day you die, from nursery, primary, high schools it’s all recorded , verified and substantiated its near impossible to change. Obi is absolutely correct most countries in the EEC and not the new entrants in recent years have clearly birth records that you cannot change, substantiated confirmed and interlinked by so many bodies health, school, insurance bodies etc, etc.

Consider Abuchi Obinwa born in the USA failed a MRI scan in Nigeria rejected at the U17 trials in Calabar but selected for a trial at Real Madrid, now playing for the USA U18 national team. Please check the link below

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24282432

And ask me if any player in that U17 team looks as young as him,(anybody can blow up the picture and see what a U17 player looks like) if looks were a definitive assessment he would be the only U17 player there. Google this guys name and you will find so much detail about this kid it’s as clear as daylight and a reflection of our endemic corruption.

We can be patriotic Nigerians and declare the truth which will set our country free or deny the truth and uphold the lie and watch our beloved country die, sometimes the TRUTH IS BITTER – NUFF SAID undecided
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by buchito1(m): 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2013
Am so gonna watch it live on LTV!grin Na so dem steal ma dstv.... God go punish some people for dis life! angry
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by safarigirl(f): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
komekn: Obi1kenobi

I am in agreement with you. It’s ridiculous to make a substantive inference based on looks alone, because you look 17 doesn’t mean you are. Furthermore, MRI scans are not conclusive they are indicative and are affected by a whole range of variables, in effect they give an age range which you may fall in i.e. 17-22 years of age.

The saying that “A leopard never changes its spots” holds great credence in Nigeria. This problem did not start with the Golden Eaglets but has been in operation for generations in government departments, civil servants, Bank staff, politicians , etc, etc, anything that is age restricted we simply get a sworn declaration of age, and lie. Its ingrained in our society and is not helped that we do not have any National systematic data control that is verifiably unquestionable, that is the problem.

In the UK you have substantive verifiable data control from the day you are born till the day you die, from nursery, primary, high schools it’s all recorded , verified and substantiated its near impossible to change. Obi is absolutely correct most countries in the EEC and not the new entrants in recent years have clearly birth records that you cannot change, substantiated confirmed and interlinked by so many bodies health, school, insurance bodies etc, etc.

Consider Abuchi Obinwa born in the USA failed a MRI scan in Nigeria rejected at the U17 trials in Calabar but selected for a trial at Real Madrid, now playing for the USA U18 national team. Please check the link below

And ask me if any player in that U17 team looks as young as him,(anybody can blow up the picture and see what a U17 player looks like) if looks were a definitive assessment he would be the only U17 player there. Google this guys name and you will find so much detail about this kid it’s as clear as daylight and a reflection of our endemic corruption.

We can be patriotic Nigerians and declare the truth which will set our country free or deny the truth and uphold the lie and watch our beloved country die, sometimes the TRUTH IS BITTER – NUFF SAID undecided
lol, no be by face abi? Cos if na by face those Swedish guys are old and you can NEVER beleive your whities cheat. I saw the Venezuelan and Japanese teams today, they actually looked U-17, but this Swedish team? So Kelechi doesn't look U-17? Obi has been stealing meat, today, Emeka stole it, but since Obi ALWAYS does it, he must be the culprit, besides, Obi comes from a thieving family, not Emeka. The MRI test isn't 100% for team Nigeria, but we can trust it for the oyibos, right? Never mind that this MRI test was taken by FIFA, NFF must've paid them good money to cover up the false ages. Your argument is even more pathetic.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 10:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Apparently you seem offended why ? You are making a proposition but without any rationality, I am asking for people to assess, consider and review from the facts past and present, which allows informed projections about future actions to be made.

If you think my contribution is pathetic then I am at loss as the issues I have highlighted are clearly substantiated and not emotional ramblings without substance. However, you may have another meaning known to you alone what PATHETIC MEANS.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by buchito1(m): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
komekn: Apparently you seem offended why ? You are making a proposition but without any rationality, I am asking for people to assess, consider and review from the facts past and present, which allows informed projections about future actions to be made.

If you think my contribution is pathetic then I am at loss as the issues I have highlighted are clearly substantiated and not emotional ramblings without substance. However, you may have another meaning known to you alone what PATHETIC MEANS.
Abeg make una no vex, wat is dis man saying? angry
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:37pm On Oct 21, 2013
komekn: Obi1kenobi

Well said, bro. It's like I pointed out - the MRI isn't fool proof by any means. The very fact MRI's are used to weed out players is a shameful development and it's because of regular cheating natiions it was brought in. It's the same case with those who think Europeans are also involved in Nigeria's cheating scheme. They're obviously clueless about how other societies and systems work that makes it almost impossible to falsify birth records. Every nation is not run as ineptly as Nigeria where anything is obtainable with a little bribery.

It's almost a waste arguing your case because some people are too blinded by misguided patriotism to repudiate what is a national embarrassment. It's the same attitude of Nigerians which makes it impossible to hold their elected leaders to account and each of the leaders brazenly steal from state coffers and no one can speak up due to the culture of acceptance of corruption and glorying in the benefits of corruption. It's the same reason that Punch newspaper columnist and former coach was widely vilified for his "unpatriotism" because he exposed the captain of the Nigerian U-17 team as an age cheat that was almost 10 years older than he was claiming to be.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 10:40pm On Oct 21, 2013
Safarigirl,

Let me without offence explain how things work here, I was born in the UK.

From the time your mother goes to hospital, GP, etc to confirm conception its monitored , confirmed data posted and at birth recorded, all your inoculations recorded everything you do from nursery ,to primary school will have your data recorded at a number of national agencies as well as public bodies which are all interlinked. Consider that this is only the first 5 years of your life, before u get to twelve there will be detailed records, of your education, medical history, which is all verifiable and confirmed through a myriad of bodies. Your parent’s insurance, tax rebates, etc details will be linked to you, there profiles will have you as their child recorded.

Essentially, what I am saying is there is no need to have a MRI scan in most EEC and North American countries. I said earlier MRI scans are only indicative, not conclusive and work on very wide generalist parameters. However, the personal data they have on individual citizens is clearly verifiable, unquestionable and proven beyond any doubt as well as being absolutely exact. Therefore they never have MRI scans as a means of proof and verification of age as they already irrefutable precise birth date information.

So Safarigirl no vex no deh provoke anyhow – NUFF SAID 4 d wise.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by king94(m): 10:50pm On Oct 21, 2013
komekn: Safarigirl,

Let me without offence explain how things work here, I was born in the UK.

From the time your mother goes to hospital, GP, etc to confirm conception its monitored , confirmed data posted and at birth recorded, all your inoculations recorded everything you do from nursery ,to primary school will have your data recorded at a number of national agencies as well as public bodies which are all interlinked. Consider that this is only the first 5 years of your life, before u get to twelve there will be detailed records, of your education, medical history, which is all verifiable and confirmed through a myriad of bodies. Your parent’s insurance, tax rebates, etc details will be linked to you, there profiles will have you as their child recorded.

Essentially, what I am saying is there is no need to have a MRI scan in most EEC and North American countries. I said earlier MRI scans are only indicative, not conclusive and work on very wide generalist parameters. However, the personal data they have on individual citizens is clearly verifiable, unquestionable and proven beyond any doubt as well as being absolutely exact. Therefore they never have MRI scans as a means of proof and verification of age as they already irrefutable precise birth date information.

So Safarigirl no vex no deh provoke anyhow – NUFF SAID 4 d wise.
So,wu is responsible 4 d lack of records in Nigeria.We don't hv a functional society so we hv 2 make do wit wot we hv.I still maintain dat those boiz look U17.If sum1 comes out wit proof(like Adokiye) to show dat dey ar not U17,I'll change my mind.Until then,I prefer 2 giv dem d benefit of doubt until I'm proven wrong.I dnt lyk 2 dwell on d past when I see a different present day.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2013
Let’s get constructive with our criticism.

Do talented U17 players exist within our 165 million population that can win this tournament and if not win it, develop our football to the next level to make us world champions, my view is ABSOLUTELY YES.

But we have to get rid of this cancer of age cheating amongst the other various cancers in our country.

If I was given the remit right now, I would assemble a group of U17 players just from the UK alone of twenty two U17 players , who will cause FIRE & THUNDER on the football pitch possibly beat Garbas boys , these boys may be born here in the UK, but they are Nigerian.

I have not been to any top premiership academy in England that doesn’t have at least two Nigerians in their team, I REALLY KNOW what I am taking about.

Consider John Fashanu’s ‘Nigeria All Stars’ U18 team came to Manchester to play Manchester city but in the programme they played a local team from the area that had a few Nigerian kids in it, Fashanu’s team got beat 8-0. From that match a Nigerian boy born in UK was seen and is now in a premiership academy considered to be the best in England, he was the only one selected that day.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 11:06pm On Oct 21, 2013
King94

I hear what your saying, but I believe we can aspire TO DO WHATS RIGHT.

There are a lot of problems but if our football is to progress we have to start somewhere, comparatively these guys are most likely the youngest ever set of u17s we have ever brought forward, which means to me U21's. Talking about looks take a look at Abuchi Obinwa i beg u can see this na small boy look d boy face, and compare to our current guys.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by king94(m): 11:08pm On Oct 21, 2013
komekn: Let’s get constructive with our criticism.

Do talented U17 players exist within our 165 million population that can win this tournament and if not win it, develop our football to the next level to make us world champions, my view is ABSOLUTELY YES.

But we have to get rid of this cancer of age cheating amongst the other various cancers in our country.

If I was given the remit right now, I would assemble a group of U17 players just from the UK alone of twenty two U17 players , who will cause FIRE & THUNDER on the football pitch possibly beat Garbas boys , these boys may be born here in the UK, but they are Nigerian.

I have not been to any top premiership academy in England that doesn’t have at least two Nigerians in their team, I REALLY KNOW what I am taking about.

Consider John Fashanu’s ‘Nigeria All Stars’ U18 team came to Manchester to play Manchester city but in the programme they played a local team from the area that had a few Nigerian kids in it, Fashanu’s team got beat 8-0. From that match a Nigerian boy born in UK was seen and is now in a premiership academy considered to be the best in England, he was the only one selected that day.
Do u think our present crop ar U17?
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 11:20pm On Oct 21, 2013
I be 9ja policeman don't stop to take bribe ?

I think they are a lot younger than any of the other teams we have ever assembled, but consider the times of Osondu, and Chukwudi these guys were men clearly over 25 possibly close to 30. In that regard there is great improvement.

U17 Mmmmmm I cannot really hand on heart say they are U17 possibly a few of them but look at that Obinwa boy and compare and you will understand my scepticism.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by king94(m): 11:32pm On Oct 21, 2013
Balotelli nd Pogba dnt look their age aldoe due 2 our past,u hv a point.They behave lyk kids in d pic

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by komekn(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2013
Met Balotelli and he is a real kid very funny and extremely krazee generous, you cant help but like him, he may look older than 22 but you can trace everything about him.

Pogba i have never met but have met his two older twin brothers one plays for Crewe league 1 and the other for a French team forgotten the name but I don't doubt their ages.

Blow up Obinwa 's pic and compare and you'll see what I mean.

The possibility exits that hard life may make some of our boys look older than some of the boys here but that's speculation.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by king94(m): 11:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
komekn: Met Balotelli and he is a real kid very funny and extremely krazee generous, you cant help but like him, he may look older than 22 but you can trace everything about him.

Pogba i have never met but have met his two older twin brothers one plays for Crewe league 1 and the other for a French team forgotten the name but I don't doubt their ages.

Blow up Obinwa 's pic and compare and you'll see what I mean.

The possibility exits that hard life may make some of our boys look older than some of the boys here but that's speculation.
Owkai,nice talkin 2 u.gudnite.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by white123: 5:17am On Oct 22, 2013
Nice post there are many person searching about that now they will find enough resources by your post.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 6:51am On Oct 22, 2013
networkgenuis:

Inasmuch as I would've loved to tow the line of the majority of people that will quote your post, I have to swallow the bitter pill and agree with you.
Truth is really, really BITTER cry
Nigerians have stopd age cheating. Yes they used to in d past. But now, those guys r real kids

1 Like

Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 22, 2013
9icegee: Nigerians have stopd age cheating. Yes they used to in d past. But now, those guys r real kids
True. These boys are certainly the most genuine ever U-17 squad assembled by Nigeria.
Re: Sweden V Nigeria: FIFA U-17 World Cup (3 - 3) On 22nd October 2013 by 9icegee: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2013
king94: Do u think our present crop ar U17?
I think I'll go wit wot every one's saying, this is probably d youngest squad Nigeria have ever produced. These guys r kids. If any of dem is above 17, am sure he won't be more Dan 20 and I can bet u all other teams have one or two of such also

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Germany Vs Nigeria: Women World Cup (3 - 0) Full Time / Ronaldo's Sister Posts Photo Of Messi Kneeling At Her Brother's Feet / Nigeria Vs Cape Verde: 2022 World Cup Qualifier: (2 - 1) On Sept 7 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.