Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? (1347 Views)

Nigerian Beggers And Their Dimensions Of Begging. / German Woman Dressed Like A Nigerian - Photos / What People Think About Certain Reflex Behaviours. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by anitank(f): 11:12am On Oct 20, 2013
On my way to the mall last night, I was walking through the pathway which led into the mall when a woman stopped me. I figured she must have lost her way and was trying to ask. She was in a native outfit and a huge hair scarf (gele) which suggested she was probably coming from a wedding, and was also carrying a bag which I figured was her souvenir.
Anyway she told me she was going to Iyana Ipaga and lost her wallet and needed help. I hesitated a little but then gave her N500 and left.

I got home and told my sister but she started shouting at me saying I should never try it again as some of them use such money for rituals and all sorts and it could potentially "take away" ur destiny. I don't know how or why she thought that far but I believe God will never let me suffer for my own good deeds.

This will not be the first time as I have one time been stopped by a man dressed up in suit and tie and I also parted with N200.

What do u think about giving such people money?
Re: What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by Eyop: 11:41am On Oct 20, 2013
I also experienced the same some time last year when a man and woman well dressed on a Saturday evening approached me as i was returning back from Jibowu. I thought they missed their way but only for them to tell me that they are coming back from a wedding ceremony (Owambe) and that they misplaced their purse/wallet and that they are going back to Ikorodu that evening but don't have money on them. I was led by my subconscious mind and i gave them #1000 and left. They prayed for me and that God will reward me etc. God sees my heart and no weapon of the devil fashioned against me shall proper. So forget about all the them say dis and dat as far as you are moved to assist,then carry on for God will not allow us suffer over what we don't know about.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by Cavalli(f): 11:41am On Oct 20, 2013
R
Re: What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by anitank(f): 12:15pm On Oct 20, 2013
Eyop: I also experienced the same some time last year when a man and woman well dressed on a Saturday evening approached me as i was returning back from Jibowu. I thought they missed their way but only for them to tell me that they are coming back from a wedding ceremony (Owambe) and that they misplaced their purse/wallet and that they are going back to Ikorodu that evening but don't have money on them. I was led by my subconscious mind and i gave them #1000 and left. They prayed for me and that God will reward me etc. God sees my heart and no weapon of the devil fashioned against me shall proper. So forget about all the them say dis and dat as far as you are moved to assist,then carry on for God will not allow us suffer over what we don't know about.
Amen my dear. God sees thru our hearts and will not let us suffer for helping out strangers. Anyone that goes anywhere with the money I gave them bearing bad intentions in mind would be struck down by thunder.

That being said, people's views and opinions here will tell me if I should stop it or not
Re: What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by slimyem: 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2013
Corporate beggars...you mean? Haha
I see them everyday but I am done falling for their scam. I don't even wait to listen to whatever crap they have to say. I just move straight ahead.
If I have to help anyone on the road,it has to be a physically challenged or disabled person.
Any lazy fvcker o le wa fi mi gba star mo....cool
Re: What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by anitank(f): 1:17pm On Oct 20, 2013
slimyem: Corporate beggars...you mean? Haha
I see them everyday but I am done falling for their scam. I don't even wait to listen to whatever crap they have to say. I just move straight ahead.
If I have to help anyone on the road,it has to be a physically challenged or disabled person.
Any lazy fvcker o le wa fi mi gba star mo....cool
grin grin... I didn't exactly use the word 'corporate' because the woman I saw yesterday was more like a 'traditional beggar' in her asoebi and gele. U know some of these people are really stranded and need help. I've been in that position before where I lost my wallet which had both my cash and ATM card in it, thank God for MTN's 'call me back' message. But becos they have taken this to a whole new level, we don't know who is who again and as such people don't care anymore.
Re: What Do You Think About Well Dressed Street Beggers? by englishmart(m): 1:23pm On Jul 21, 2014
I've given alms to such people several times.
Last month, (june)
I met a lady on my way from banex plaza.
She was at the exit gate. She was well dressed and very attractive. I was even planning on toasting her before she came to me.
She claimed to be going to gwagwalada but lost her money..
I didn't know when I gave her 2,000
Last week when i went to utako market, and I met the same lady. She saw me and ducked.
I smiled then drove off.

(1) (Reply)

My Ordealwith A "BABALAWO" In A Danfo Bus...my Eyes Has Seen Lots In This Lagos / Delete / Dreaded 200-year Old Tree Falls In Abakaliki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.