Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:21 AM

Nigerian Beggers And Their Dimensions Of Begging. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Beggers And Their Dimensions Of Begging. (756 Views)

Unseen Video Of Canadian Lawmaker Begging For African Cap In Ooni Palace / Yoruba Revisionist Please Answer This Questions Begging For Answers / Ever Seen An Igbo Begging For Alms?(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Beggers And Their Dimensions Of Begging. by olaBanks(m): 9:29am On Feb 21, 2016
Making begging a culture.
Asking for alms is not new to man and it is even explicitly allowed in the three monolithic religions of the world (Islam, Christianity and Judaism). This is because beggers shall not cease in the land. Begging and beggers havenow take different dimensions and forms, some are identified here
1. Student beggers: They use an appeal to pity to ask for money from you. They would not beg normally, but circustances may force them to. E.g Bros, pls help me, I am a student of Uni..., I misplaced my wallet, help me with transport fare to Ilorin(assumed place)
2. Mall beggers:Always at the entrance of a shopping mall or bank. Once you done buying or transacting, they tell you- Big guy, Na you oo, Anything for us too.
3. Highway beggers: These are usually of the
Northern Nigeria extract with one arm or leg chopped off. They stay in potholes and ask travellers to drop arms for them. These beggers are proud and very insulting.
4. ATM beggers: Though not common in the southern part of Nigeria, these beggers wear good clothes and smell nice. They approach you once you done using the ATM and say all the prayers of the worlds for you. In the end, they beg.
4. Social begger:Common in the southwest Nigeria, these beggers rely on the pretext of fixing ribbon on your dress during special days or events such as weddings, birthdays, Valentine's day, New year and so. These type are also occasional beggers as they have enjoined patronage from the public, especially those who give too easily.

The beggers I saw.
I am Bankole Olatunji
Re: Nigerian Beggers And Their Dimensions Of Begging. by funnynation(m): 9:31am On Feb 21, 2016
Begging na hot biz for naija.. . .

Nairaland official comedian

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Beggers And Their Dimensions Of Begging. by cappyLEE200(m): 9:38am On Feb 21, 2016
embarassedOur politicians nko? They are beggars too, especially during election period. I call dem confident,authoritative and Behind beggars

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Ooni Of Ife And Wife Visits The President Of Ghana / Photos: Emir Of Kano Acquires Rolls Royce Phantom / To Three-minute Intervals Called Rounds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.