Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,145 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along (1286 Views)

Refuting The Myth:African Americans Vs Africans(Nigerians) In America / Nigerian Woman Are More Beautiful Then East Africans / Why are EAST africans so delusional?-Question from a AA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by EXPONENT(m): 1:53am On Jul 07, 2008
SLAVERY!!!!!

RECONSTRUCTION

JIM CROW

CIVIL RIGHTS,

Africans from all areas of African came to the U.S. and when they arrived they met other Africans (they never knew existed).

nigerian, mandika, angolans, sierra leonians, ghanians, liberians, cote de ivorians, camaroonians, Togians, Beninians, Congolease et. al.

They were a people with common bonds.

Skin color

and

Oppression.

They taught each other everything and help each other tremendously.  THAT WAS THE LAST TIME AFRICANS got along, They turned into negroes, colored, blacks, African Americans,

They are still AFRICANS, who have been oppressed by the Whiteman.

Now they "appear" to be making strides and living the life, Thus, continential Africans seen this and now they want that life.

We all can get along , if you choose too.  But seriouly, I think we will NEVER get along, because Continential Africans are fugged up in the head - and gullible, and live to sniff the white man's azz. embarassed[b][/b]
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by SeanT21(f): 4:38am On Jul 07, 2008
I love U but how can we get along when you are abusing us.

Anyway, I got many AA friends and we get along very well.

Let Bygones be Bygones. Peace.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by huxley(m): 10:36am On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

SLAVERY!!!!!

RECONSTRUCTION

JIM CROW

CIVIL RIGHTS,

Africans from all areas of African came to the US. and when they arrived they met other Africans (they never knew existed).

nigerian, mandika, angolans, sierra leonians, ghanians, liberians, cote de ivorians, camaroonians, Togians, Beninians, Congolease et. al.

They were a people with common bonds.

Skin color

and

Oppression.

They taught each other everything and help each other tremendously. THAT WAS THE LAST TIME AFRICANS got along, They turned into negroes, colored, blacks, African Americans,

They are still AFRICANS, who have been oppressed by the Whiteman.

Now they "appear" to be making strides and living the life, Thus, continential Africans seen this and now they want that life.

We all can get along , if you choose too. But seriouly, I think we will NEVER get along, because Continential Africans are fugged up in the head - and gullible, and live to sniff the white man's azz. embarassed[b][/b]

What do you think it would take for AA and continental Africans to get along?

No thought, ever community has it own social and internal problems. Nowhere is this more obvious than at the interface with other communities. It is at this interface that questions of identity begin to raise their heads. AA have had to deal with this for hundreds of years. In fact, with the new global village, ever community has had to deal with in. It is no doubt that some communities will find aspects of its culture reprehensible or superior viz-a-viz other cultures. Cultures learn from one another. Thats a basic human trait.

Are you suggesting that the AA community has got it social problems resolved? If not, why not? And how do you suggest the deal with such problems? Take for instance, the "racial" prejudice that exist amongst AA of light/dark skin colour. Why is this a problem and to what extend does this mentality impede the societal development of AA and Africans?
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jul 07, 2008
We do not have to all get along.
when was the last time all Caucasians got along??
Or try, all Arabs.
Or all Mongoloids??

Worthless people start worthless topics.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by lazy(m): 3:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
@ Exponent

This air of superiority that it seems you carry does nothing. What are you trying to accomplish with your post? What is your end game?

Why does every post have to be AA's vs. Nigerians?

The other thing about this post is also silly. How can you compare a group of 500,000 Africans that were enslaved in the States that now represent maybe 40 million to the continent of Africa where you have over 750 million Black people?

For instance, I am in software development. There is huge difference working with a group of 10 developers that are all in the same building here in the States. It is easy to work together and handle logistics. Now try that with that group of 10 developers also working with 10 developers in India, Australia, South Africa, and the UK. Keeping a group like that on track is a lot harder to do.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by lazy(m): 3:57pm On Jul 07, 2008
khai_khai:

We do not have to all get along.
when was the last time all Caucasians got along??
Or try, all Arabs.
Or all Mongoloids??

Worthless people start worthless topics.

You kind of had me a little confused because Arabs are Caucasians as well. They are a sub groups just like many northern Europeans are in the Nordic group of Caucasians.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by EXPONENT(m): 4:28pm On Jul 07, 2008
Are you suggesting that the AA community has got it social problems resolved? If not, why not? And how do you suggest the deal with such problems?

Hell NO!

Social problems for the bottom of the "social order" people WIL[b]L NEVER[/b] be solved in Western Nations. Western Nations LOVE the fact that people of COLOR are dwelling in poverty, killing each other randomly. They LIVE for the fact that people of COLOR (within their borders) are less educated and have more physical and mental maladys.

WHY

BECAUSE IT ALLOWS THEM TO FEEL SUPERIOR and COMPARE THEMSELVES WITH THEM and UNTIL you learn this fact - you will NEVER understand the whiteman.

The Whiteman LOVES to feel superior over any and every race EVEN when they are POORER than that race.

Take for instance, the "racial" prejudice that exist amongst AA of light/dark skin colour. Why is this a problem and to what extend does this mentality impede the societal development of AA and Africans?

AGAIN!!!!

This will NEVER be solved either.

Lightskint AA's ACTUALLY feel SUPERIOR to Dark Skint AA's. This is historical and started during slavery. Lightskint are even treated more fairly in societies DOMINATED by whites. I cant and we can't solve how people feel. We can only contextualize it.

There is NO solution for this either - other than probably people treating each other fairly.

Look at Angola with all their people color schemes and South Africa - the lightskint people are being treated better - especially when there are so few of them and millions of Dark skint people. Here in Amerikka - there are tons of white people and few lightkint and darkies.

Thus, Lightskint in AFRICAN countries are more a phenon than in Amerikka
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by EXPONENT(m): 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
Why does every post have to be AA's vs. Nigerians?

Where in my opening posts is this thread about Nijans v. AA's.

ITS ABOUT AFRICANS - no wonder your name is lazy, angry
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by onyinye2(f): 4:32pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

Lightskint AA's ACTUALLY feel SUPERIOR to Dark Skint AA's. This is historical and started during slavery. Lightskint are even treated more fairly in societies DOMINATED by whites. I can't and we can't solve how people feel. We can only contextualize it.

There is NO solution for this either - other than probably people treating each other fairly.

Look at Angola with all their people color schemes and South Africa - the lightskint people are being treated better - especially when there are so few of them and millions of Dark skint people. Here in Amerikka - there are tons of white people and few lightkint and[i] darkies.[/i]

Thus, Lightskint in AFRICAN countries are more a phenon than in Amerikka

i know you trying to bring us together as people, but by calling people of darker skin color "darkies" you are only bringing them down.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by EXPONENT(m): 4:56pm On Jul 07, 2008
i know you trying to bring us together as people, but by calling people of darker skin color "darkies" you are only bringing them down.

I'ma DARKIE and LOVE BEING ONE!!!!

so STFU

The problem is Darkskint people are so fugged up about themselves that any reference to their darkness is looked upon as an attack,

1 Like

Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by onyinye2(f): 5:00pm On Jul 07, 2008
oka chill mayne no need to get hasty. and dark skin people dont have a problem with their skin color until people like you start calling them "darkies" what is the up liftment in such a slur.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by lazy(m): 5:01pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

Where in my opening posts is this thread about Nijans v. AA's.

ITS ABOUT AFRICANS - no wonder your name is lazy, angry

I see you only read one line of my post. That is fine.

What are you trying to accomplish with your post?
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jul 07, 2008
lazy:

You kind of had me a little confused because Arabs are Caucasians as well. They are a sub groups just like many northern Europeans are in the Nordic group of Caucasians.

we are talking about races getting along. so I mentioned races. subraces, major-races they may be.
So, do not get yourself confused if I mention a major race or a subrace. they still are not getting along.
the aboriginal people of australia are refered to as black by some. We could include them in this dumb topic.
There are people in the same family who don't get along.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by lazy(m): 6:07pm On Jul 07, 2008
khai_khai:

we are talking about races getting along. so I mentioned races. subraces, major-races they may be.
So, do not get yourself confused if I mention a major race or a subrace. they still are not getting along.
the aboriginal people of australia are refered to as black by some. We could include them in this dumb topic.
There are people in the same family who don't get along.

I feel you and I agree.

The aboriginal group in Australia you mention would fit in Australoid not in the Negroid (Congoid) classification. Sure some may call them "Black" or Negrito by looks but they are genetically different from Africans. So they wouldn't be a sub group of Negroids (Congoids) they would be a sub group of Australoid.

This is a dumb topic and I cannot argue or debate that! LOL! cheesy
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by EXPONENT(m): 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2008
What are you trying to accomplish with your post?

You are not a bright woman.

It's PLAINLY CLEAR what my objective is.

ALL-AFRICANS LAST GOT ALONG IN AMERIKKA.

If you look at AA's you'll see Africans from ALL PARTS of Africa.

Now we are classified as ONE.

It's a beautiful thing.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by lazy(m): 6:36pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

It's a beautiful thing.

1) ALL-AFRICANS LAST GOT ALONG IN AMERIKKA is not an objective. It is a statement. That is not a goal.

2) You can make all the negative comments about me and others you want but it only shows your ignorance.

3) If you want to breed unity, the way you go about is not going to work
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 07, 2008
EXPONENT:

It's a beautiful thing.

You seem to be as dense as a concrete wall.
stop spewing ignorance in this forum.
You are classified as one, you are not one.
What is beautiful about all the gang(drug) wars, drive by shootings, club shootings. .These are major AA on AA crimes.
Re: This Was The Last Time All Africans Got Along by EXPONENT(m): 6:51pm On Jul 07, 2008
You seem to be as dense as a concrete wall.
stop spewing ignorance in this forum.
You are classified as one, you are not one.
What is beautiful about all the gang(drug) wars, drive by shootings, club shootings. .These are major AA on AA crimes.

What is beautiful about slum living

(1) (Reply)

Renovation Of Dilapidated Secondary School At Ilupeju / Who Has Ever Met An Hausa Albino? / Speech On Mahatma Gandhi Jayanti 2015 - Gandhiji Morning Speech For School Assem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.