Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,684 members, 7,955,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:02 AM

Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards (1304 Views)

Killers Of Python In Calabar: Handling Snake Is Our Culture; no charms or juju / Village In America Where The Yoruba Culture Is Being Practiced (Photos) / The Reason Why Blacks Try So Hard To Claim Somalis/ethiopians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Olivia111(f): 8:47pm On Aug 02, 2014
There are certain things one needs in life in order
to grow up emotionally healthy. Because our
culture has this deep seated hatred for Black men
and, at the same time, an irrational worship of
Black masculinity, we, meaning Black society,
raise our little boys in ways that dishonor their
proper maturation process. We set the stage for
them to be horrible fathers and husbands in
childhood with practices and patterns that are
nothing more than diseased remnants of slave
teachings. Then, we give them power, autonomy,
and tell them that whatever they think, do, say,
and believe is law because they have a penis.
Because, however, these practices are accepted
as standard, and touted as healthy, we, in
essence, manufacture emotionally disabled Black
men.
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 02, 2014
Olivia111, tell me your mission on NL.
Are you some activist?
What campaign are you pushing for?

I am thinking Feminism, on the other hand, Anti-Racism, Equal-Race?

2 Likes

Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Olivia111(f): 9:15pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas: Olivia111, tell me your mission on NL.
Are you some activist?
What campaign are you pushing for?

I am thinking Feminism, on the other hand, Anti-Racism, Equal-Race?

God created 3 Women - Eve, Feminists and Slaves.....go figure
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Nobody: 9:20pm On Aug 02, 2014
Olivia111:

God created 3 Women - Eve, Feminists and Slaves.....go figure

Nope. God created woman(Eve).
Society used some women as slaves. Other women rose against this and turned feminists and activists.

I think I know where you belong
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Olivia111(f): 9:29pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas:

Nope. God created woman(Eve).
Society used some women as slaves. Other women rose against this and turned feminists and activists.

I think I know where you belong

Well our differing premises arrived at the same denouement so yeah you are right too, and where do I belong?
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by theplanmaker: 9:30pm On Aug 02, 2014
op ,u sound really pained and frustrated
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by theplanmaker: 9:31pm On Aug 02, 2014
op ,u sound really pained and frustrated......this is a man's world, live with it or do the "oshomole"
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 02, 2014
Olivia111:

Well our differing premises arrived at the same denouement so yeah you are right too, and where do I belong?
you know where you belong.

I don't wanna go about openly classifying people as though it was my job.
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Olivia111(f): 9:43pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas:
you know where you belong.

I don't wanna go about openly classifying people as though it was my job.
Good
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Nobody: 9:44pm On Aug 02, 2014
Olivia111:
Good
smiley
Incase you don't mind following back.
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Olivia111(f): 9:48pm On Aug 02, 2014
Largas:
smiley
Incase you don't mind following back.

Sure, you're cool.
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 02, 2014
Olivia111:

Sure, you're cool.
Thanks.smiley
Honestly, you too. smiley

1 Like

Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Fulaman198(m): 9:53pm On Aug 02, 2014
What are you talking about our culture? You are obviously African American.

Africans don't teach their kids to not focus on school and academia, in fact it's quite the opposite. Who do you think are the most educated people in the United States from a perspective of graduate and post graduate degrees? Next time do some research before posting utter nonsense.
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by davidif: 2:09am On Oct 28, 2016
Olivia111:
There are certain things one needs in life in order
to grow up emotionally healthy. Because our
culture has this deep seated hatred for Black men
and, at the same time, an irrational worship of
Black masculinity, we, meaning Black society,
raise our little boys in ways that dishonor their
proper maturation process. We set the stage for
them to be horrible fathers and husbands in
childhood with practices and patterns that are
nothing more than diseased remnants of slave
teachings. Then, we give them power, autonomy,
and tell them that whatever they think, do, say,
and believe is law because they have a penis.
Because, however, these practices are accepted
as standard, and touted as healthy, we, in
essence, manufacture emotionally disabled Black
men.

Obviously the person who wrote this is non-Nigerian as a lot of these things don't pertain to our culture. Are you American by any chance?
Re: Our 'culture' Is The Reason Why Blacks Are Backwards by Probz(m): 10:39am On Oct 28, 2016
This one be real akata deal.

African-American culture is totally separate from African/Nigerian culture. Your akata rantings don't apply to Nigerian parents so allow it and do some research before you post nonsense on an open forum.

(1) (Reply)

Why Africa/ Nigeria Deserves To Be Exploited And Plundered / Yoruba Names Of Boys And Girls With Meaning - Babynamescube / We Are The Greatest Tribe No One Is Talking About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.