Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,667 members, 7,955,416 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:39 AM

Injury Claims Were 'greatly Exaggerated', Insists Bale - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Injury Claims Were 'greatly Exaggerated', Insists Bale (410 Views)

Lionel Messi Sidelined For Two Months With Hamstring Injury / Is Gareth Bale Worth £105m? / Gay Ex-Councillor Claims To Have Slept With An Arsenal Striker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Injury Claims Were 'greatly Exaggerated', Insists Bale by sweetiePe(f): 1:51pm On Oct 20, 2013

The 24-year-old returned to action in the 2-0 win over Malaga on Saturday and insists he has now recovered from a thigh complaint which affected his pre-season

Gareth Bale has described stories about a chronic back injury as "greatly exaggerated" after returning for Real Madrid against Malaga.

Bale came on as a second-half substitute and won the penalty which Cristiano Ronaldo converted to seal a 2-0 win for the hosts at Santiago Bernabeu on Saturday.

Reports in the Spanish media this month had claimed Bale was suffering from a major back problem - rumours which were promptly dismissed by the club - and the Wales international has now stressed he has no concerns over his long-term fitness.

"It's been greatly exaggerated about my injury," the 24-year-old was quoted as saying by AS.

"I'm over the injury I suffered. I had a small thigh issue and as a result I've not had a lot of playing time. I missed preseason and could not run or train without discomfort.

"The truth is that it was not important. Everything is exaggerated enough. I'm already playing again.

"Winning was very important for us today and I think we played well throughout the match.

"We deserved the win and now I'm looking forward to facing the next two games."

Madrid still sit third in La Liga after their win with 22 points from nine games, but have closed the gap from Barcelona at the top to just three points ahead of next week's Clasico at Camp Nou.

http://www.rosyside.com/pt/Injury-claims-were-greatly-exaggerated-insists-Bale-10.20.2013/discussion.htm

(1) (Reply)

Ucl: Cska Vs Manchester City 1-1 Live Match / If You Call Us ''epl Mid-way Champions'' Well Your Correct! / Madrid's New Transfer Policy:a Message?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.