Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,108 members, 7,863,865 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:05 AM

What's The Relevance Of Aso Ebi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What's The Relevance Of Aso Ebi (704 Views)

The Relevance Of Understanding Your Culture / The Beauty Of Yoruba Brides And Women In Aso Ebi / Ghanaian Kente/kaba&sleete Vs Nigerian Gele/aso Oke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Relevance Of Aso Ebi by eluquenson(m): 3:12pm On Oct 21, 2013
Whats the relevance of buying it at the expense of lifestyle or are we trying to be unique from others.

I as an individual I don't seems to fathom any tangible reason for buying aso ebi as I sees it to be an avenue for money making by those taking it for a party.

I know its the culture of the westerners but in recent times, other tribes are now engaged in aso ebi.

May be when I hear your views about it, I may have a second thought to its relevance.

Your view?
Re: What's The Relevance Of Aso Ebi by MetaPhysical: 7:47am On Oct 22, 2013
On the surface it does not seem to hold much usefullness but if you go into the archives and relive the moments through pictures and images of families and communities celebrating life events in their "aso ebi" its significance and value will immediately become obvious to you.

If nothing else, you can leaf through the fashion archives and see how much Yoruba society has contributed and transformed the Nigerian social landscape with its brands in "gele", "ankara", "color coordination", "image accessories", "gift and brand marketing", and so on. Aso Ebi is about using fashion to brand and market a socialite lifestyle.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Why Facebook Makes You Sad / Is Anyone Aware Of Any Australia Day Celebrations ?? / Jesus Christ Did For The Jews What Kwame Nkrumah Did For Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.