Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,612 members, 7,816,515 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter (5582 Views)

Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates (NAUG)To hold 1st Meeting In Lagos / National Association Of Unemployed Graduates(NAUG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by wendyibeh: 4:12pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hahahahahaha, you guys shud stop disgracing Nigeria and help yourselves. The more you think you are jobless, the more jobless you become. Those who want to better their lives with something better than job should contact me on dd_wendy@yahoo.Co.uk. or call/text 08063785474, and stop depending on the govt cause they have nothing to offer the youths of this nation. Be wise.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by 25omega(m): 4:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
ehixking:
Contact some of the excos for the constitution
Not based in Nigeria but interested in getting a better understanding of what this means
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by VEE2010(m): 4:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
This is a right step towards a right direction.

You guys have already created a job by creating this forum. I just hope greed, selfish interest, etc would not set to split the group in the nearest future. Imagine "Niger Delta unemployed youth forum, Pan-Yoruba unemployed graduate association, Arewa unemployed graduate camp, etc" Once we start hearing something like the above, I'm afraid Nigeria is finished because, the youth, as far as I'm concerned are the only hope for this Country to be delivered.
Good job, guys!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 7:19pm On Oct 22, 2013
tankwa: I don't believe we have unemployed graduates rather we are self employed graduates. Kindly change the name to Association of Self Employed Graduates. Regards
Noted!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Truckpusher(m): 7:27pm On Oct 22, 2013
A Recipe for a volatile revolution meanwhile the government is still sleeping on bike grin
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by crackhouse(m): 7:51pm On Oct 22, 2013
tankwa: I don't believe we have unemployed graduates rather we are self employed graduates. Kindly change the name to Association of Self Employed Graduates. Regards
I think Asssociation of nigerian graduates against unemployment(ANGAU) is the best.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by crackhouse(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2013
gradually gradually, the association is taking its root, but the awareness should not be mainly online. that's my advcice
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Wahala90: 8:42pm On Oct 22, 2013
medalz: There are different set of people, some make things happen while some watch it happens. If u refuse to join this struggle just because u are employed, remember some pple in ur family that do not av ur kind of oppurtunity. This struggle will surely succeed and cub unemployment
crisis in this country.

You mean say make person wen get work come join? I think say them say na association of jobless graduates. Wetin who get work go come go find for jobless people association?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by papamalik(m): 8:55pm On Oct 22, 2013
Revolution is getting close. I can smell it.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by dhayoh: 9:39pm On Oct 22, 2013
ehixking: The punch newspaper on the 27th of september 2013 featured a write up titled "Nigerian Jobless graduates inaugurates online association" which started on www.niraland.com with 250 posts & 24207 views. The first meeting took place at the university of Lagos sport centre. The second meeting ogun state chapter took place at the National Labour congress secretariat ,leme, Abeokuta the Ogun state capital.
The agenda of the meeting focused on getting trustees for the registration who Are not politician or clergymen but technocrats that have come to the limelight through hard work and are very respectable in the society. Some members raised the issue of some politicians like Pat Utomi and Wole shoyinka who are politicians yet true Nationalist and due to this we tried amending our constitution to restrict the trustees to the constitution and make them realise it is a privilege and not a right and the association mustn't be used for any personal,political,ethnic or clerical ambition. One of the members from ogun state Ambrose also suggested the association work on news worthy personalities. After much debate and deliberation the house finally agreed to set up guidelines for the enforcement of the constitution on all members and trustees and it goes thus
"The association is not bound to dictatorship or authoritarian rule of any trustee or executives except as stated in the constitution".
"The association shall not be lord by political, religious or ethnic gains"
Ogun State chapter executives were appointed and they are as follows below.
State coordinator -- Ayoola babalola 07031310646.
State secretary-- Awosanya Paul. 08106348808. Asst state secretary-- Ambrose Ohonmele. 08033626637. P.R.O-- Alani Maroof 08027202531. P.R.O. Aina olusegun. 08066214884.
Head of media, Idowu adekunle. 08053023004.
Also, in moving the house forward, it was suggested to go to tertiary institutions and NYSC CDS groups to sensitize upcoming graduates. The meeting was adjourned at 3.50pm by Ehis Abuya thanking all present and wishing them a safe trip to their various destinations.
Ehis Abuya
National coordinator
Association of Nigeria graduates Against Unemployment
NB... Visit our facebook page for daily info
www.facebook.com/naugnigeria
And on twitter. @naijagraduates
pls wen is the next meeting? Be it Ogun or Lagos
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by saintkash(m): 10:02pm On Oct 22, 2013
[b][/b] asociation for PESSIMIST: once u join them, getting a job will become more difficult for u...
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Goldenboy007(m): 1:54am On Oct 23, 2013
Good intention but some questions have not been addressed. Unemployment is a temporary situation and this factor would make defining membership difficult. So boss what happens when you or any of the officials get employed lets say tomorrow?
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 6:18am On Oct 23, 2013
dhayoh: pls wen is the next meeting? Be it Ogun or Lagos
Call the No posted above!!!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 6:23am On Oct 23, 2013
Goldenboy007: Good intention but some questions have not been addressed. Unemployment is a temporary situation and this factor would make defining membership difficult. So boss what happens when you or any of the officials get employed lets say tomorrow?
The name sounds catchy right...that's just to get the attention we need
We have decided at the first meeting in Lagos to change it to association of Nigerian graduates Against Unemployment
And that the name we are going to registered with!
So it covers both the employed,underemployed and employed!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by kemtol(f): 6:28am On Oct 23, 2013
Goldenboy007: Good intention but some questions have not been addressed. Unemployment is a temporary situation and this factor would make defining membership difficult. So boss what happens when you or any of the officials get employed lets say tomorrow?
NAUG is a temporary name, the intended name is Association of Nigerian Graduates Against Unemployment. As d name suggest it not limited to unemployed folks.. Its a forum set to reduce unemployment and empower ourselves. Even if u oppose d group cos you are gainfully employed, remember that there arer at least 3 pple associated with you that are unemployed or underemployed. Its a choice
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Yusphull(m): 6:34am On Oct 23, 2013
Wahala90:

You mean say make person wen get work come join? I think say them say na association of jobless graduates. Wetin who get work go come go find for jobless people association?

Be objectives and look before you leap bro because you don't know what the association stands for (vision and mission) and courtesy demand you asked instead of writing out of ignorance ..

The association aims and objectives are very simple and straight forward..

To create an enabling environment for entrepreneurs among us be it graduates or illiterates...

To hold our government accountable and put them on their toes...

To go against the sales of job, age limits, years of experience and contract staffing to mention few... I think yu hav a clue now ......
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Yusphull(m): 7:06am On Oct 23, 2013
saint kash: [b][/b] asociation for PESSIMIST: once u join them, getting a job will become more difficult for u...

I won't blame you, do you know why?? Its because people like you are clueless and mere attention seekers...

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol causes the
fundamental ills of the society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test
people for drugs, we should test them for their stupidity, nonchalant attitude and ignorance.. -- P. J. O'Rourke
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ayobase(m): 7:17am On Oct 23, 2013
Yusphull: .......If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test
people for drugs, we should test them for their stupidity, nonchalant attitude and ignorance.. -- P. J. O'Rourke
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 7:21am On Oct 23, 2013
25omega: Not based in Nigeria but interested in getting a better understanding of what this means
Still that doesn't mean U̶̲̥̅̊ can make a phone call from wherever you A̶̲̅я̲ε, better still U̶̲̥̅̊ can send me your email let me send some stuff to you
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Nobody: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2013
Yusphull:

I won't blame you, do you know why?? Its because people like you are clueless and mere attention seekers...

Anyway, no drug, not even alcohol causes the
fundamental ills of the society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test

You didnt even need to quote him. Fools like him are better ignored. Where two or more are gathered, fools like him are bound to be among. Am not surprised!
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Mantiza(m): 11:54am On Oct 23, 2013
In this country, so many ideas and yet unfulfilled. As far as there is Human rights violation, Consumer rights violation and many other rights violated, ethnic diversified country i see a situation where you will be misconstrued by the machinery of Govt as anti PDP,anti GEJ, anti federal character, anti FEC. If you are sponsored by any, RULING PARTY GOVERNOR i will believe you, but the youths see business and avenue to eat in any newly formed groups is alarming. Many youths gather the knowledge from schools where they where elected departmental presidents, student union government presidents etc NYSC elections etc into the world and are looking for a way to cross carpet one another or[b] betray[/b] one another and you forming UNEMPLOYED YOUTHS FOR THIS COUNTRY with Activists... huh you are dreaming. The three main tribes dont love themselves, you dont inter marry, what do you think you can achieve? If the Govt gives contracts or jobs to your elected heads they will deny you ABI I don experience 4 this Naija. Its better you form a union Change of this name N=I=G=E=R=I=A b/c its a DEMON we dont know how it came about and the meaning or Union for peaceful D=I=V=I=S=I=O=N of this country. The level of negative things politicians do to get to power is bring the NAIJA name down everyday and me and you and even then church and churches are too weak to be steadfast. cry cry cry
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by 25omega(m): 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
ehixking:
Still that doesn't mean U̶̲̥̅̊ can make a phone call from wherever you A̶̲̅я̲ε, better still U̶̲̥̅̊ can send me your email let me send some stuff to you
This is the problem i have with some people on this site. When someone asks a question, they get a run around. Simple i don't know the information you seek or even silence would have been satisfactory. You automatically think people are attempting to ridicule something that is being done. I don't know what the group is about and there are people praising it so, i asked what the point of the group was.

Really simple question that no one seems to be able to answer and yet you all consider this progress smh undecided

1 Like

Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Yusphull(m): 10:40pm On Oct 23, 2013
25omega: This is the problem i have with some people on this site. When someone asks a question, they get a run around. Simple i don't know the information you seek or even silence would have been satisfactory. You automatically think people are attempting to ridicule something that is being done. I don't know what the group is about and there are people praising it so, i asked what the point of the group was.

Really simple question that no one seems to be able to answer and yet you all consider this progress smh undecided

The association aims and objectives are very
simple and straight forward..

To create an enabling environment for
entrepreneurs among us be it graduates or
illiterates...

To hold our government accountable and put
them on their toes...

To go against the sales of job, age limits, years of experience and contract staffing to mention few...

The association has written a constitution serving as a guide to its members and trustees...

The association also have a facebook page (NAUG) you can like us on FB... Twitter handle @naijagraduates you can follow us... You can also join us on BBM group chat (2336734A) and on Whatsapp 08064677418 or 08036555799..

I think you have a clue now ......

Feel free to ask any question and thanks for showing interest in our course...

NB: Sorry for the way Ehix responded to you its because he's not in his best form of health and not in the mood that's why he suggested you call so that he will explain to you better on phone ....

#peace#
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by 25omega(m): 12:12am On Oct 24, 2013
Yusphull:

The association aims and objectives are very
simple and straight forward..

To create an enabling environment for
entrepreneurs among us be it graduates or
illiterates...

To hold our government accountable and put
them on their toes...

To go against the sales of job, age limits, years of experience and contract staffing to mention few...

The association has written a constitution serving as a guide to its members and trustees...

The association also have a facebook page (NAUG) you can like us on FB... Twitter handle @naijagraduates you can follow us... You can also join us on BBM group chat (2336734A) and on Whatsapp 08064677418 or 08036555799..

I think you have a clue now ......

Feel free to ask any question and thanks for showing interest in our course...

NB: Sorry for the way Ehix responded to you its because he's not in his best form of health and not in the mood that's why he suggested you call so that he will explain to you better on phone ....

#peace#
many thanks to you for taking the time to explain.
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by Yusphull(m): 2:02am On Oct 24, 2013
25omega: many thanks to you for taking the time to explain.

You are most welcome bro.... Lest I forget we also have a website of our own where every members can register on (www.nuag.tk)....
Re: National Association Of Unemployed Graduates Inaugurates Ogun State Chapter by ehixking(m): 1:01pm On Jan 07, 2014
ATTENTION. ATTENTION. ATTENTION
We hereby invite the General Populace to our forthcoming Meeting cum LAGOS state chapter inauguration

It will take place on Saturday, 11th JAN 2014 at the HONEYPARK RESOURCES COY. 368,lagos- abeokuta expressway, OJA OBA BUS STOP ABULE EGBA( beside NURTW).lagos state.

THEME. THE ROLE OF NIGERIAN GRADUATES TOWARDS A SUSTAINABLE NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT

GUEST SPEAKER: SEGUN AKINLOLU,the world famous BEAUTIFUL NUBIA

Remember, a broom is useless when disorganised.
Its take for us to partake in nation building for the future we have all been anticipating
Your attendance is highly Valued
TOGETHER WE CAN
For enquires call
nterested persons should call
Ehis - 07030717445
Kenny-08063141854
Offiong-08062234327
Dammy-08108023630
Yussuf-08064677418
Yinka-08034853297
Biola-08036555799

Those coming from Ogun state(Abeokuta)-
Call Ayo-07031310646
Paul-08106348808
Sakiiru-07061941297
Ambrose-08033626637

Those coming from Ibadan
Emeka-08029688300
Comrade biola-08132903923
Tunmbi-08022508939

(1) (2) (Reply)

Women To Wait 217 Years To Earn As Much As Men -report / Revealed: 10 Secrets To Making It In A Marketing Job / How To Invest Your First N100,000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.