Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,528 members, 7,770,352 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 09:45 AM

Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football (17207 Views)

Enyeama Explains Row With Oliseh, May Quit Eagles / Rabiu Ibrahim Collapsed On The Pitch, Rushed To Hospital / Rabiu Ibrahim Signs Lucrative 3 & Half Year Deal With Celtic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by PurpleHouse(m): 9:49pm On Oct 21, 2013
Nigeria midfielder, Rabiu Ibrahim may quit football following the shocking incident at Rugby Park on Saturday during a Scottish Premiership game between Kilmarnock and Ross County.

The midfielder collapsed just 34 minutes into the match and was taken to University Hospital Crosshouse, a five-minute drive from Rugby Park.

The 23-year-old, who joined the Killie from Celtic in January, went to ground unchallenged in the first half of the game.

He was taken off on a stretcher and taken to University Hospital Crosshouse.

Kilmarnock manager, Allan Johnston visited him in hospital on Sunday night after the club’s 3-0 home Youth Cup win against Aberdeen.

He revealed that the hospital will be keeping the Nigerian under observation with further tests set to be carried out.

“They are keeping Rabiu in to do further tests,” he told authoritative Scottish newspaper, the Record.

The trainer then took the time to give a graphic account of the incidents of Saturday.

“He is feeling fine so hopefully that is a good sign. I watched the DVD of the game again – he just sits down in the middle of the park and then lies down. But nobody touched him,” he said.

It will be recalled that Bolton’s Fabrice Muamba similarly went down unchallenged at White Hart Lane 19 months ago.

Meanwhile, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has expressed sadness over the incident.

NFF president, Alhaji Aminu Maigari said he was shocked to learn of the news and wished the player “a speedy recovery.”

“I was shocked beyond words when I heard the news. We will be getting through to Rabiu and his club and wish him a speedy recovery,” Maigari told supersport.com.

Ibrahim has been capped by Nigeria at under-17, 20 and 23 levels.

He was called up by the Nigeria national team coach, Stephen Keshi to a preparatory camp in Portugal as the Super Eagles prepared for the 2013 Africa Cup of Nations.

http://ng.supersport.mobi/football/super-eagles/news/131021/Rabiu_Ibrahim_may_quit_football
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Situation: 9:51pm On Oct 21, 2013
1st to comment

1 Like

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Chanchit: 10:05pm On Oct 21, 2013
...Rabiu, pls dnt stop football o. This would be a great injustice if such a talented player should quit football after all the skelewu wei devil don dance on ur career. Pls dnt let d devil transfer ur career from Sesan to Mo Musa for finishing touch, abeg...

4 Likes

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Tolexander: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2013
Get well bro!

If quitting football is the only guarantee to live, you better quit now.

Remember those that died like marc-vivien foe and samuel okparaji, what has become of them now? what has been used to reward them?

Remember Fabrice Muamba that cheated death, see how he is being rewarded by bolton.

There are more to life than football and there are many more routes to success and prosperity other than football.

I understand you have the talent but have to relent not like being somnolent by an indolent without benevolent during the lent.

11 Likes

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Heliesha: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
OMG!!! OMG!!! I made front page i made front page after yrs of tracking and luking for a front page material so happy that am gonna go flush ma fone down the drain yes yes mama, help me say yes
. And now on d issue at hand is it not that Rabiu Ibrahim Kelechukwu i know him he was my father's former classmate never the less to bad buh lets luk at d bright side of it thank God he wasnt playing for our local NPL where hw would ave bin treated with a ice cold satchet of pure water and would ave bin d**d b4 the abunlance get past pot holes and hefty traffic jam buh i feel pity for him.pele Rabiu Kelechukwu Olawale Ibrahim plz ma advice is dat u invest ur money wisely

1 Like

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by pomporiking: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2013
As he don 40 dey do work of 23yr old angry

3 Likes

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by AbuMikey(m): 11:16pm On Oct 21, 2013

Eiya!!!!!

So,Ibrahim never had enough time to dazzle in super eagles embarassed

All iz well oo

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by bastien: 11:25pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sorry ibro,get well soon,long life to you

N:B
If e no good 4 ya health quit!!!
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Nobody: 11:36pm On Oct 21, 2013
Sad. Real sad
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by bastien: 12:04am On Oct 22, 2013
Oghos1: Sad. Real sad
yea same here
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by UsaNumber: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2013
Rabiuchukwu get well soon
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by born2boink(m): 3:13pm On Oct 22, 2013
Mmm...........speechless
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by kstyle2(m): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
dis is sad but God knws I'l b hapi if such hapns to cleverly,young,welbeck and jones.........pls God,jst dis 1 na

1 Like

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Pelummy(f): 3:14pm On Oct 22, 2013
Situation: 1st to comment
y not make a reasonable comment along with ur happiness as bolded
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by nerodenero: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
pompori king: As he don 40 dey do work of 23yr old angry
grin grin grin. Stay alive bro!!!. Quit football if need be and move on.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Chanchit: 3:15pm On Oct 22, 2013
I read complete lie sport today and they said he's been discharged, they never said anything about the possibilities of him quiting football.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by godofwar666(m): 3:16pm On Oct 22, 2013
Who cares! Does dat stop ASUU strike
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Richiez(m): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
hmm, never heard of him before
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Danhumprey: 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
He is just 23yrs and want to quit football?? Well,it is his choice anyway. Wish him quick recovery.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by ichommy(m): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
Get well Soon bro.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by kevinkod(m): 3:17pm On Oct 22, 2013
[quote author=Yunglord111]Last to comment. Thread cllosed.

mtchewwwwwwww. which kind human being be dis self. olodo rapata.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by ichommy(m): 3:18pm On Oct 22, 2013
god of war666: Who cares! Does dat stop ASUU strike

Are you from YabaL*ft?
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by RockMaxi: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
Meanwhile, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) has expressed sadness over the incident.

NFF president, Alhaji Aminu Maigari said he was shocked to learn of the news and wished the player “a speedy recovery.”

“I was shocked beyond words when I heard the news. We will be getting through to Rabiu and his club and wish him a speedy recovery,” Maigari told supersport.com.

This is typical of NFF always expressing Shock and sadness.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by oloyede252(m): 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
god of war666: Who cares! Does dat stop ASUU strike
C mumu sum1 career is at stake nd ur talking abt ASUU...MADmen on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Danhumprey: 3:20pm On Oct 22, 2013
k.style:
dis is sad but God knws I'l b hapi if such hapns to cleverly,young,welbeck and jones.........pls God,jst dis 1 na
What's your beef with Manchester United players? angry
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Jelo4kul(m): 3:21pm On Oct 22, 2013
And would dat make Nigerians not to win U-17 world cup?..lolzzz
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by 4reigningqueen: 3:22pm On Oct 22, 2013
Played like J.J. But yet to shine like him. Some are called and some just waka pass.

Get well soon bro.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Cubeet: 3:23pm On Oct 22, 2013
SAD
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by Lilimax(f): 3:28pm On Oct 22, 2013
Too bad if his career will be cut short angry.
Get well soon guy.
Re: Rabiu Ibrahim May Quit Football by tohsin94(m): 3:34pm On Oct 22, 2013
get well soon

(1) (2) (Reply)

2015 Women's Afrobasket: D'Tigress On The March / List Of All The Winners At The NFF-Aiteo Football Awards. / OFFICIAL: Man Utd Appoint Solskjaer As Permanent Manager On A 3-year Contract

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.