Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,101 members, 7,814,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353759 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Pneumaa(m): 7:56pm On Aug 08, 2023
Just took delivery of my rx350, please welcome me to the club.

First question abeg, where is the engine number of a RX350 located?
Re: Club-Lexus by Manuella4ace: 10:13pm On Aug 08, 2023
Dienasun:
Please how does the IS250 survive Nigeria's fuel. I hear say it requires premium fuel. Do you guys think i should go for it? I am thinking of the 2009 version

Go for the es350, 2gr-fe engine solid and bulletproof , on par with is250 on fuel consumption.

Get the es350 and thank me later

Modified
Re: Club-Lexus by Manuella4ace: 10:20pm On Aug 08, 2023
Pneumaa:
Just took delivery of my rx350, please welcome me to the club.

First question abeg, where is the engine number of a RX350 located?
Congratulations

Open your bonnet, front right edge, close to the transmission, slowly go downwards, you'll see the engine number.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dienasun(m): 10:33am On Aug 09, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Go for the is350, 2gr-fe engine solid and bulletproof , on par with is250 on fuel consumption.

Get the is350 and thank me later
Tnx, what of the es350? The engine good?
Re: Club-Lexus by Manuella4ace: 6:28pm On Aug 09, 2023
Dienasun:

Tnx, what of the es350? The engine good?

It's a machine, with 2gr-fe
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 7:47pm On Aug 09, 2023
Manuella4ace:

It's a machine, the same engine with the is350.

This is untrue pls.

The is350 doesn't use a 2GR-FE which is a port injection engine (MPI)and is ment for transverse application; it uses a 2GR-FSE which is both port injection and direct injection engine (MPI & GDI) and is meant for longitudinal applications.

4 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by Manuella4ace: 5:55am On Aug 10, 2023
kingreign:

This is untrue pls.

The is350 doesn't use a 2GR-FE which is a port injection engine (MPI)and is ment for transverse application; it uses a 2GR-FSE which is both port injection and direct injection engine (MPI & GDI) and is meant for longitudinal applications.

My bad, I didn't see the S, I was thinking it was 2grfe.
Thanks and I will make amends

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 9:52am On Aug 10, 2023
kingreign:

This is untrue pls.

Most people think cos it's a 2GR then they're all the same.
The FSE was designed to have the gains of the GDI and gains of the port injection. Win win I'd say and a fantastic engine.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dayordee4: 2:51pm On Aug 10, 2023
kingreign:

This is untrue pls.

Thanks for the clarification Sir. Please what your take on the 09 or 10 ES350 especially for reliability, low maintenance and overall peace of mind
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 3:45pm On Aug 10, 2023
Dayordee4:

Thanks for the clarification Sir. Please what your take on the 09 or 10 ES350 especially for reliability, low maintenance and overall peace of mind

It's s very good car.
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 5:25pm On Aug 10, 2023
Dayordee4:

3.5L engine.. you go buy fuel o
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2023
DanielsParker:

No be everybody dey reason fuel economy matter
Re: Club-Lexus by Dayordee4: 6:59pm On Aug 10, 2023
DanielsParker:

Lol!! The mpg isn't that bad!

However, practically, if a 2.5l engine uses 10ltrs, what would the es350 use ?
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 7:18pm On Aug 10, 2023
Dayordee4:

Lol!! The mpg isn't that bad!

However, practically, if a 2.5l engine uses 10ltrs, what would the es350 use ?
The difference is negligible for highway driving and not horrible for city drive.
If the car ticks all the right boxes for you, then by all legal means go for it.
But if you're particular about fuel economy, then look elsewhere.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dayordee4: 8:38pm On Aug 10, 2023
jceesquare:

The difference is negligible for highway driving and not horrible for city drive.
If the car ticks all the right boxes for you, then by all legal means go for it.
But if you're particular about fuel economy, then look elsewhere.

Thank you so much. It actually does!
Hope maintenance is fair enough?
The interior quality and balanced look is a turn on for me. The rx 350 is another choice but I saw it has a lesser mpg.

The camry is last option.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 4:20am On Aug 11, 2023
My thoughts tho!

How can someone be spending about 5-6m on a premium brand and be worried about MPG?
It beats my imagination. To each his own, what ever rocks anybody's boat
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 5:55am On Aug 11, 2023
jceesquare:

No be everybody dey reason fuel economy matter

That was then bro, now e dey enter all man body . grin

3 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 1:23pm On Aug 11, 2023
DanielsParker:

That was then bro, now e dey enter all man body . grin
People still dey buy V8 powdered cars na.
I have clients that run VIP pickup services and all their vehicles are V8 powdered SUV's.
Those that buy cars and see it as an asset no dey reason fuel economy.
Re: Club-Lexus by toba1909(m): 2:06pm On Aug 13, 2023
Good Afternoon Everyone

I drive a 2007 Lexus ES350. I was on my way from Ilorin on Friday and noticed that the vehicle seems to rev louder when it wants to change to gear 2 and it'll balance itself. I immediately informed my mechanic, who asked that I manage it to Ibadan and that I shouldn't start it the following day, till he come around to check the gear oil.

The gear was gauged and was short, so he decided to drain the oil and it was noticed it is so black. He decided to loose the bottom of the gear where the filter is, so as to clean it with petrol.

After all was done, vehicle was tested and it actually picked very well compare to when I was coming from Ilorin, but still revs at shifting to gear 2.

Pls what do you advise as he said theirs a valve that a rewire needs to work on further?

Help a brother.
Re: Club-Lexus by Dienasun(m): 3:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
Manuella4ace:

Go for the es350, 2gr-fe engine solid and bulletproof , on par with is250 on fuel consumption.

Get the es350 and thank me later

Modified
Pls the 2009 IS (ie the facelifted version) they cost how much? Naija used. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by CED1: 6:38pm On Aug 16, 2023
I do vehicle inspection in the north west. Contact me for your inspection services. 08032874952
Re: Club-Lexus by DanielsParker(m): 8:56am On Aug 25, 2023
Please what is the price range for a good air filter and Oxygen sensor.

My car is lexus es 300 02/03
Engine 1mz Fe
Re: Club-Lexus by homeboy205: 3:31pm On Aug 25, 2023
DanielsParker:
Please what is the price range for a good air filter and Oxygen sensor.

My car is lexus es 300 02/03
Engine 1mz Fe

I have brand new 02 sensor and air filter for the same car hit me up…

Re: Club-Lexus by Biggyz: 1:48pm On Aug 26, 2023
Re: Club-Lexus by UgoFly: 3:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
I need the contact of a good lexus mechanic in Abuja. Thanks.
Re: Club-Lexus by mayor2013: 9:26pm On Aug 29, 2023
[quote author=UgoFly post=125441298]I need the contact of a good lexus mechanic in Abuja.
Re: Club-Lexus by mayor2013: 9:29pm On Aug 29, 2023
UgoFly:
I need the contact of a good lexus mechanic in Abuja. Thanks.

Contact kingreign he is in Abuja.07034581213

2 Likes

Re: Club-Lexus by UgoFly: 8:33pm On Aug 30, 2023
mayor2013:

Contact kingreign he is in Abuja.07034581213

Tested and trusted?
Re: Club-Lexus by mayor2013: 2:51am On Aug 31, 2023
UgoFly:

Tested and trusted?

You have no worries

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by boykris2: 1:18am On Sep 01, 2023
Hello people, I noticed something with my AC in my 2011 GS 350 AWD. When I turn on the AC it cools, If I hit high speed especially if I floor the car for long, the AC cuts out (starts blowing warm air), sometimes if I continue speeding (130+) it picks up again. What could be the problem. I've told my normal AC guy, he firstly topped gas (this was months ago). It's still happening. Didn't notice it much coz who still uses AC 24/7. can someone shed more light. I know it's not gas coz Ive used the AC some days 1-2 hours long with no issues. Need a fix urgently.
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 9:17am On Sep 01, 2023
boykris2:
Hello people, I noticed something with my AC in my 2011 GS 350 AWD. When I turn on the AC it cools, If I hit high speed especially if I floor the car for long, the AC cuts out (starts blowing warm air), sometimes if I continue speeding (130+) it picks up again. What could be the problem. I've told my normal AC guy, he firstly topped gas (this was months ago). It's still happening. Didn't notice it much coz who still uses AC 24/7. can someone shed more light. I know it's not gas coz Ive used the AC some days 1-2 hours long with no issues. Need a fix urgently.
I believe your compressor is designed to cut off briefly when you floor the gas pedal to reduce parasitic draw to the engine and picks back up when you've gained enough power to spare to other accessories driven by the belt.
I might be wrong though.
You might want to snap a picture of the compressor you have and also update if you just noticed this complain with repair history of works done to the AC system besides filling the gas.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by boykris2: 1:09am On Sep 02, 2023
jceesquare:

I believe your compressor is designed to cut off briefly when you floor the gas pedal to reduce parasitic draw to the engine and picks back up when you've gained enough power to spare to other accessories driven by the belt.
I might be wrong though.
You might want to snap a picture of the compressor you have and also update if you just noticed this complain with repair history of works done to the AC system besides filling the gas.

Thanks for the reply, what you said makes perfect sense. But this cut off of the AC also happens when im driving normally, sometimes not even moving. I will have to turn off the AC, wait like 5 seconds and turn on again and it works. On trips I sometimes do this multiple times. I have been managing for months. Since I got the car in February, Ive only touched the AC by filling gas once, coz then, driver side was cooling more than passenger side. When it's cooling, it cools well. Never touched the AC system apart from filling gas that one time

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.