Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,148 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (13254 Views)

Which Is Better Kia Sportage Or Acura Mdx / Please Which One Should I Go For And Why Honda Pilot 03 Or ACURA MDX 03 / Should I Get A Lexus Rx300 Or Toyota Corolla 2005? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by mindworx: 8:45pm On Nov 06, 2013
Dear Sirs/Mas,

I'm just about to get me an SUV. I had like 4 options but I have been able to convince myself down to two options (through some research). I really don't mind buying a very clean naija used SUV but now I need your honest opinion. Should I go for Lexus RX300 or Acura MDX. Am open-minded on both of them. Advice me based on maintenance, ruggedity, transmission, the legs, the gear, ATF, ...everything. [B] Which is the best of the two for a starter and hustler like me [/B]. Thanks Sirs. Help your boy.
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 8:48pm On Nov 06, 2013
They are both nice and reliable rides . . . however, depending on the year and i have heard of few people that had issues with the transmission of the older model of MDX, but all depends on how you take care of it.
But honestly, for a starter and without a deep pocket, i will not advice you to go for either, cos they are not just a simple cookie.
Just my 2 cents, Sir
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by mindworx: 9:06pm On Nov 06, 2013
Fhemmmy: But honestly, for a starter and without a deep pocket, i will not advice you to go for either, cos they are not just a simple cookie.
Just my 2 cents, Sir

Wow, wow. Lord help me, cos am in love with both, sad I just came here to choose either. Ok, oga Fhemmmy, can you suggest an SUV for your boy?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 9:09pm On Nov 06, 2013
mindworx:

Wow, wow. Lord help me, cos am in love with both, sad I just came here to choose either. Ok, oga Fhemmmy, can you suggest an SUV for your boy?

I will honestly advice you to stay with Toyota products:
1. They are durable and for some reasons, they are used to Nigerian roads.
2. Mechanics in Nigeria seems to be good at taking care of them
3. Those mentioned in western world are advised to use the Supreme gas and they are not available in Nigeria
So at the end of the day, your budget will determine what you would be able to get . . . but if you have so much money to take care of the machine, then, it does not matter

2 Likes

Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by mindworx: 9:16pm On Nov 06, 2013
Thanks a million sir. Please can I have your mobile no ?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 9:17pm On Nov 06, 2013
mindworx: Thanks a million sir. Please can I have your mobile no ?

+1-Bleep-Bleep-8336 . . .Modified.....
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by thegame(m): 1:20am On Nov 07, 2013
!!
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 2:19am On Nov 07, 2013
thegame: Lexus anytime anyday man. You just can never go wrong with that. Maintenance wise, resale value wise, etc. Acura may look prestigious but the trouble comes when u want to resell after a year or two. So in my opinion, I think the Lexus is cooler.
Mr phemmy, pls cn uu help me check the price of these cars
2007/8 corolla S
2009 corolla S
2008 camry S
2010 camry S

Please mail info to molly01@gmail.com

Been keeping up with ur deals of the day but mehn, those aren't deals jare grin
Kindly get back to me with those prices. Thanks

I will surely mail, Sir/Ma . . . .God Bless!
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by earthrealm(m): 12:05pm On Nov 07, 2013
if u must buy either of them...then go 4 the lexus.be warned it prefers high quality fuel and spares are costly in naija.but its more dependable than the older model mdx......
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 2:34pm On Nov 07, 2013
earthrealm: if u must buy either of them...then go 4 the lexus.be warned it prefers high quality fuel and spares are costly in naija.but its more dependable than the older model mdx......

My mind exactly . . . And wont advice a first time buyer to go for either
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 4:17pm On Nov 07, 2013
thegame: Lexus anytime anyday man. You just can never go wrong with that. Maintenance wise, resale value wise, etc. Acura may look prestigious but the trouble comes when u want to resell after a year or two. So in my opinion, I think the Lexus is cooler.
Mr phemmy, pls cn uu help me check the price of these cars
2007/8 corolla S
2009 corolla S
2008 camry S
2010 camry S

Please mail info to molly01@gmail.com

Been keeping up with ur deals of the day but mehn, those aren't deals jare grin
Kindly get back to me with those prices. Thanks

You have mail, Sir
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by RollingFella(m): 6:58pm On Nov 07, 2013
Fhemmmy: They are both nice and reliable rides . . . however, depending on the year and i have heard of few people that had issues with the transmission of the older model of MDX, but all depends on how you take care of it.
But honestly, for a starter and without a deep pocket, i will not advice you to go for either, cos they are not just a simple cookie.
Just my 2 cents, Sir
. @Fhemmmy, between honda pilot EX-L 2006 model and toyota highlander limited option 2006 model, which will you advice a first time SUV owner,considering reliability,transmission,maintenance,ruggedity and resale value, to buy?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Boki: 8:15pm On Nov 07, 2013
MDX is the best i own one but you must not used the cheap fuel.It has 3 seater row.I love it
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 8:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
RollingFella: . @Fhemmmy, between honda pilot EX-L 2006 model and toyota highlander limited option 2006 model, which will you advice a first time SUV owner,considering reliability,transmission,maintenance,ruggedity and resale value, to buy?

They are both rugged, same engine size for the V6 of the Highlander, Labor is cheap on both and the parts are readily available, so in that case, all depends on what you like and the shape . . .
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 8:22pm On Nov 07, 2013
Boki: MDX is the best i own one but you must not used the cheap fuel.[/b]It has 3 seater row.I love it

[b]So not for someone that cant afford to go extra mile
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by RollingFella(m): 10:04pm On Nov 07, 2013
Fhemmmy:

They are both rugged, same engine size for the V6 of the Highlander, Labor is cheap on both and the parts are readily available, so in that case, all depends on what you like and the shape . . .
. @Fhemmy, if you are asked to chose,which of them will you personally go for?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 12:55am On Nov 08, 2013
RollingFella: . @Fhemmy, if you are asked to chose,which of them will you personally go for?

I would probably go for Highlander and that is cos of the resale value . . . Nigerians would buy that off you before they do with the other.
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by byteem: 10:29am On Nov 08, 2013
Lexus rx 300 is the same as rx 300..same engine..so in comparison to an MDX
..RX is easier to maintain...less complicated...far better
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by toplevel: 4:13pm On Nov 10, 2013
Please what is the present cost of RS300 in lagos and contonoe and also the cost of. Nigeria fairly used too
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by treatise: 5:04pm On Nov 10, 2013
Is Fhemmmy based in Nigeria?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by earthrealm(m): 5:44pm On Nov 10, 2013
the rx model rx 300 started in 1998/99 up to 2003...so the cheapest wud be the 98/99 model about 1.6m/1.7m
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 12:38am On Nov 11, 2013
treatise: Is Fhemmmy based in Nigeria?

Nope, i am based in Canada and USA, Sir/Ma but i have a run my car business and Technology to Nigeria . . . So if you need our service, dont allow boundary to be a barrier.
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by RollingFella(m): 2:39pm On Nov 13, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Nope, i am based in Canada and USA, Sir/Ma but i have a run my car business and Technology to Nigeria . . . So if you need our service, dont allow boundary to be a barrier.

Hi Fhemmy, can 2.4mil deliver RX330 2004 model?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 2:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
RollingFella:

Hi Fhemmy, can 2.4mil deliver RX330 2004 model?

If i am not investing my own money into the deal, meaning you deposit enough money to buy and ship and couple of days before the vessel berth in Lagos, you made available the cost of clearing, you will be able to get something at a cost of only 2.45M Naira, but if i have to invest my own money into the deal, i wont do it for less than 2.6M Naira.
Please remember i cant place adverts here, so come to my thread and we could talk more or better still send me a mail and we could talk in the chambers

3 Likes

Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by RollingFella(m): 8:12am On Nov 15, 2013
Fhemmmy:

If i am not investing my own money into the deal, meaning you deposit enough money to buy and ship and couple of days before the vessel berth in Lagos, you made available the cost of clearing, you will be able to get something at a cost of only 2.45M Naira, but if i have to invest my own money into the deal, i wont do it for less than 2.6M Naira.
Please remember i cant place adverts here, so come to my thread and we could talk more or better still send me a mail and we could talk in the chambers
Sorry, i actually forgot the prohibition of placing adverts here. i will look for your recent thread in the auto section of NL.
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Fhemmmy: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2013
RollingFella: Sorry, i actually forgot the prohibition of placing adverts here. i will look for your recent thread in the auto section of NL.

Check us out here: https://www.nairaland.com/689017/pre-0rder-like-no-other-guaranteed-satisfaction
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Nobody: 11:53am On Apr 22, 2019
Boki:
MDX is the best i own one but you must not used the cheap fuel.It has 3 seater row.I love it

So many kept mentioning cheap fuel. Please how do you know quality fuel and where to buy same bikonu.
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Nobody: 11:56am On Apr 22, 2019
Boki:

How do you know cheap fuel and how can one avoid the so called cheap fuels. In other words, which fuel stations are reputable for selling good fuels in Nigeria particularly in Lagos?
Re: Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? by Nobody: 11:58am On Apr 22, 2019
Fhemmmy:

Please how much can you deliver a Lexus RX 330 or Acura MDX to me in Lagos?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyota Rav 4 Brain Box Issue / / Jessica Cox The First Armless Pilot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.