Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,851 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (354627 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by Angrigowt: 7:23am On Jan 01
U dey find customer wey u go scam na. Im savi ng the world bro. Stop hating. How many ppl dey use 0w20 oil for nigeria. U yourself.u dey use am. hypocrite. If dem check your engine now.na 5w30 dey thr.
kingreign:

I think it's time to desist from being a nuisance. This acts need to stop in this new year pls.

Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 8:27am On Jan 01
eightsin:
This is a relief boss. Thanks a lot.
So the absence of this bank1 cat will not cause increase in fuel

The es350 comes with three cats. The one that is missing in your ride is only bank 1?
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 10:42am On Jan 01
dru23:

Follow the manufacture advice at all times. They design the engine and they are highly educated...... Avoid uneducated advice from uneducated people e get reason.........

0w20 is the correct engine oil for it .... If you follow the owners manual. It tells you to use engine oil that meets the manufacture specifications ... It can be any brand of engine oil ...... 0w20 is formulated to work in any type of weather conditions....... But if decide to deviate from the manufacture advice don't go all the way left and use something too heavy.....

But there are few exceptions ..eg since you are operating the vehicle at hotter temperature year round 0w30 will be ok...... Avoid using 20w50 at all cost... The cost of import is very high now due to the weak naira... And lots of fake engine oil plenty for market now ....
Did I just read that the recommended oil for 2010 lexus es350 is 0w20?
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 12:09pm On Jan 01
Balistic4:

Ignore that, it's 5W30 SN.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by dru23(m): 12:10pm On Jan 01
Balistic4:

.. He stated that the recommended oil online says 0w20 ... I stated that he should follow owners manual at all times.

99% of the time the online recommended suggestion via google is what the vehicle manual will suggest... Maybe he might to say 2010 Rx350 ..
But I know for a fact that RX350 2010 recommended oil is 0w20. I don't even need to go online to double check that.......but I also stated that he should always follows owners manual advice .......

People tend to use 5w30 for Rx350. And their reason is "Nigerian weather" and 0w20 is too thin etc ..... But if it is due to "Nigerian weather" factor because it is hot year round etc ... A more suitable option will be 0w30 .... Either way 0w20 will do well regardless of hot or cold weather...

But also the recommended oil for 2010 es350 is 5w30 .....so the confusion is coming from him..

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 2:55pm On Jan 01
dru23:

.. He stated that the recommended oil online says 0w20 ... I stated that he should follow owners manual at all times.

99% of the time the online recommended suggestion via google is what the vehicle manual will suggest... Maybe he might to say 2010 Rx350 ..
But I know for a fact that RX350 2010 recommended oil is 0w20. I don't even need to go online to double check that.......but I also stated that he should always follows owners manual advice .......

People tend to use 5w30 for Rx350. And their reason is "Nigerian weather" and 0w20 is too thin etc ..... But if it is due to "Nigerian weather" factor because it is hot year round etc ... A more suitable option will be 0w30 .... Either way 0w20 will do well regardless of hot or cold weather...

But also the recommended oil for 2010 es350 is 5w30 .....so the confusion is coming from him..

2010 ES350 recommends 5W30 SN,

2010 RX350 recommends 0W20 SN. However, I'd recommend 5W20 for warmer regions.
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 3:06pm On Jan 01
dru23:

In that case, you read it wrong. The poster said es350 not rx350
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 3:08pm On Jan 01
kingreign:

Ignore that, it's 5W30 SN.
Very correct, no one will convince me to use any other oil for es350 other than the oem recommended 5w30
Re: Club-Lexus by eightsin(m): 6:25pm On Jan 01
Balistic4:

The es350 comes with three cats. The one that is missing in your ride is only bank 1?

Yes . Only bank 1.
That's the one behind the engine

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Joeeasy(m): 6:23pm On Jan 06
Hey guys,

I'm getting this knocking sound from my 2013 GS350
https://www.youtube.com/shorts/MN194imQKdg

The mechanic said we'll have to replace the engine, I want a second opinion, last time the car was serviced was 3 months there was no check engine or oil pressure light.
Re: Club-Lexus by Angrigowt: 2:20am On Jan 07
Cone Road camshaft....etc dob break. The car has become scrap. Sell it. Your engine has knocked...
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 6:55am On Jan 07
Joeeasy:
Hey guys,

The mechanic said we'll have to replace the engine, I want a second opinion, last time the car was serviced was 3 months there was no check engine or oil pressure light.

Take of belt and water pump, start it, if it still makes same sound, remove oil filter and oil then inspect. If no dirt or fine metals are present, replace Engine oil with right engine oil to the right amount and use a Genuine toyota engine oil.

I just hope you haven't been running this engine for longer than the duration of the video.
Re: Club-Lexus by Abbeyismo(m): 10:13am On Jan 07
Joeeasy:
Hey guys,

Need to be check properly and the engine can be rebuild tho
Re: Club-Lexus by Angrigowt: 5:09pm On Jan 07
Those who are telling you to rebuild an aluminium engine.xont like u. Water pump kor..fuel pump ni. Your oil pump packed up and u have a knocked engine. Rebuilding an engine in nigeria is a waste of time. Why cos mechanic will chop u he might bill u 250k for workmanship and do a useless job with fake inferior parts.everything fit no reach 100k. Engine go knock again after 2months. Guy rest. Your gs engine is a scrap engine. U see over heating and engine knock on an aluminium engine.na last leg be that. E don go. Best option buy toks engine or sell at a loss. A smokey engine is way more tamable than a knocked engine. Smokey engine ...u fit shaply buy stip smoke of 10k..do engine flush.put new oil add.stop smoke. Resell am shaps. But a knocked engine. Hahahaha. Sor pay oti lor.

Sell the car as scrap.700k. Or buy another engine and resell for 2m.or repair and keep making mechanics rich.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by tsiriman(m): 6:50pm On Jan 07
Balistic4:

Very correct, no one will convince me to use any other oil for es350 other than the oem recommended 5w30

2013,14,15 ES350 recommend 0W20 but 5W30 is recommended for older models.
Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 8:07pm On Jan 07
tsiriman:

2013,14,15 ES350 recommend 0W20 but 5W30 is recommended for older models.
Well, if you followed the conversation, we were specifically talking about 2010
Re: Club-Lexus by tsiriman(m): 10:45pm On Jan 07
Balistic4:

I actually didn't follow.
Re: Club-Lexus by tsiriman(m): 10:49pm On Jan 07
Anyone here driving the 2013 to 2018 ES350, what oil do you use?

Did you stick to the OEM recommend 0W20 or you when for the 0W30 or 5W30?

What kind of oil filter do you use, the onw with metal cap or one without?

Also have you ever done a drain and fill of your transmission fluid?

I plan on joining the lexus family soon so doing some research.
Re: Club-Lexus by Requestmechanic: 1:15pm On Jan 08
Joeeasy:
Hey guys,

If you're in Lagos contact roadside assistant by going to www.requestmechanic.com click the red circle "click on Request Now" button to get immediate assistance . Also enter your email to join the waitlist bar and click on join the the Wait list.

Knocking sounds in a car can be concerning, especially in a luxury vehicle like a 2013 Lexus GS350. Unfortunately, diagnosing the exact cause based on just the sound description is difficult. However, I can offer some guidance to help you narrow down the possible sources and next steps:

First, try to describe the knocking sound in more detail:

When does it occur? Is it only at idle, under acceleration, while turning, or constantly?
Where does it seem to come from? Does it sound like it's coming from the front, back, left, right, or top of the engine?
How loud is it? Is it a faint ticking or a loud clunking?
Does it change with engine speed or load? Does it get louder or faster as you rev the engine or accelerate?
Are there any other symptoms? Any warning lights on, loss of power, rough idle, or unusual smells?
The more information you can provide about the sound and any other related symptoms, the easier it will be to identify the potential cause.

Here are some possible sources of knocking sounds in a 2013 Lexus GS350:

Engine:
Valvetrain: Worn or loose lifters, rocker arms, or camshafts can cause a ticking or clattering sound.
Piston rings or connecting rods: Worn or damaged components can lead to a deeper knocking sound.
Crankshaft bearings: Worn or damaged bearings can create a loud knocking sound, especially at higher engine speeds.
Fuel system:
Detonation or pre-ignition: Using low-quality fuel or incorrect timing can cause a knocking sound similar to pinging.
Exhaust system:
Loose heat shields or exhaust leaks: Can create a rattling or clunking sound.
Suspension or drivetrain:
Worn or failing components in the suspension or drivetrain can cause various knocking or clunking sounds depending on the specific issue.
Recommendations:

Don't ignore the knocking sound. It could be a sign of a serious problem that could worsen and lead to expensive repairs.
Take your car to a qualified mechanic as soon as possible. They can diagnose the source of the sound and recommend the appropriate repairs.
It's especially important to consult a mechanic familiar with Lexus vehicles as they may have specific knowledge of common issues with the GS350 model.
If you're unsure about the mechanic's diagnosis, consider getting a second opinion from another reputable shop.
I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions or if you need further assistance.

Re: Club-Lexus by tsiriman(m): 1:17pm On Jan 11
Balistic4:

Does the 2010 ES350 also share same popular 2GR-FE engine like the 2013 model?
Re: Club-Lexus by Joeeasy(m): 3:23pm On Jan 11
Joeeasy:
Hey guys,

Thanks Gents, had to buy another engine.

I’ll sell the previous one for scrap

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Balistic4: 3:40pm On Jan 11
tsiriman:

Does the 2010 ES350 also share same popular 2GR-FE engine like the 2013 model?
yes, sure.
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 6:52am On Jan 14
Joeeasy:

Sad.
Always use genuine oil and filter for the replaced engine.
I've seen so many 2GR's suffer engine failure from fake filters

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by OPEYEMIAD(m): 3:25pm On Jan 14
Glad to join the club

2009 ES350

For now everything is ok.

Will like to change the interior like seat and carpet.

Any recommendation shop in Abuja will be welcome

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:34pm On Jan 14
OPEYEMIAD:
Glad to join the club

2009 ES350

For now everything is ok.

Will like to change the interior like seat and carpet.

Any recommendation shop in Abuja will be welcome

DM I'd recommend a shop depending on location.

Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:38pm On Jan 14
Joeeasy:

Sorry about this experience you had to go thru.
Re: Club-Lexus by kingreign(m): 5:40pm On Jan 14
jceesquare:

Sad.
Always use genuine oil and filter for the replaced engine.
I've seen so many 2GR's suffer engine failure from fake filters
This advice is priceless, pls adhere to it Joeeasy. Also, monitor your coolant levels religiously.
Re: Club-Lexus by Joeeasy(m): 10:38pm On Jan 16
kingreign:

This advice is priceless, pls adhere to it Joeeasy. Also, monitor your coolant levels religiously.

Yep, I import most of the replacement OEM parts, the car has not run without an Octane booster and valve cleaner since I got it, I guess my mistake was allowing them to buy the oil and filter locally during the last oil change.

There were no check engine codes or oil pressure warnings. The new engine installation should be complete by the end of this week tho.
Re: Club-Lexus by jceesquare(m): 7:02am On Jan 17
Joeeasy:

Yep, I import most of the replacement OEM parts, the car has not run without an Octane booster and valve cleaner since I got it, I guess my mistake was allowing them to buy the oil and filter locally during the last oil change.

There were no check engine codes or oil pressure warnings. The new engine installation should be complete by the end of this week tho.

The video you made sounded more like the bearings chewing itself out due to oil starvation. Most likely from the use of a fake oil filter or improper fitting of the filter and not necessarily from the oil used.
There might be no check light on the dash, but your oil pressure light (if it still works) should be on.
Re: Club-Lexus by yemi2plus(m): 6:57pm On Jan 17
What could be responsible for the loud noise when turning the steering, usually in reverse? The car is ES350 2010.
Re: Club-Lexus by Abbeyismo(m): 7:12pm On Jan 17
yemi2plus:
What could be responsible for the loud noise when turning the steering, usually in reverse? The car is ES350 2010.
Wish type of loud noise? May ve the power steering pump noise.
Re: Club-Lexus by yemi2plus(m): 8:08pm On Jan 17
Abbeyismo:

Wish type of loud noise? May ve the power steering pump noise.

I actually don't know how to explain the noise. This is my first experience with cars. But the loud happen when turning the steering.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.