Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,405 members, 7,815,891 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:22 PM

Club-Lexus - Car Talk (61) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Club-Lexus (353910 Views)

Tokunbo Lexus Rx 300 Or Brand New Kia Rio 2014 / The Toyota / Lexus Hybrid Thread. / Guys, I Really Need Your Sincere Advice. Lexus RX300 Or Acura MDX ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (140) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 12:40pm On Jan 18, 2020
Smartchoiice:

Stop making mouth. I have both cars in the fleet. So nigga please!!
Both are executive sedans.
angry Like seriously? undecided
Re: Club-Lexus by conductor250: 1:12pm On Jan 18, 2020
[s]
radautoworks:

Early onset blindness must be catching me. Where is Corolla in what you posted??
[/s]
Noise
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 2:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
conductor250:
[s][/s]
Noise

That's what I thought lol.
Re: Club-Lexus by dare01: 10:17am On Jan 19, 2020
KINGreignn:
comot here with that crappy rust bucket. ES isn't a sports performance sedan, it's just an executive sedan. But will annihilate that crappy rust bucket. ES is also faster than a W211 and prefacelift W212 with 6 cylinder.

Fact!

Well, we in Lexus aren't all about bragging, it's been discovered that folks who brag about their Mercedes actually have small phallus.

With all of una wey dey use the es350 and us wey dey manage the camry 2012 se v6 na the same performance we get but i got better mpg sha tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue. We go run that run together
Re: Club-Lexus by DjKrazy(m): 10:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hi esteemed Luxury vehicle owners, am looking to get a lexus is250. Just wanted to seek your opinion on something
Awd or Rwd maintenance and repair wise.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by cassidypat(m): 10:33am On Jan 20, 2020
DjKrazy:
Hi esteemed Luxury vehicle owners, am looking to get a lexus is250. Just wanted to seek your opinion on something
Awd or Rwd maintenance and repair wise.
Well i think in my opinion you shoukd go for the AWD and in terms of repair the car can be handled by an average mechanic,the part are readily available..
You can check my signature i got some nice is250 you would surely like

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by Stone123(m): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2020
Please is there any difference b/w Lexus RX 330 and 350? What are the likely issues to watch out for in buying 2005-2008 Nigerian used?
Re: Club-Lexus by sKeetz(m): 9:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hello guys.. Please does anyone know how I can install Nigerian map on my car navigation. It's a 2009 is250.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
Stone123:
Please is there any difference b/w Lexus RX 330 and 350? What are the likely issues to watch out for in buying 2005-2008 Nigerian used?

RX330 Vs RX350, in RX330, the engine is a 3.3l v6 mated to a 5sp auto, while in Rx350, the engine is a 3.5l v6 mated to a 5sp auto.

For both, ensure the electricals are intact and not bypassed, ensure the engine oil, transmission oil, coolant and other fluids are recommended specs, ensure it's suspension isn't compromised.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Club-Lexus by Peafairy(f): 12:43am On Jan 21, 2020
Please guys im looking to buy the 2008 lexus es 350 but the car seems too low for bad roads. The car i tested had a 16 inches tyre. Would a bigger tyre help? Or can the car it be raised? What of the Acura rdx 2007 model? Is it a good car? Please I need advice urgently
Re: Club-Lexus by conductor250: 1:07am On Jan 21, 2020
Peafairy:
Please guys im looking to buy the 2008 lexus es 350 but the car seems too low for bad roads. The car i tested had a 16 inches tyre. Would a bigger tyre help? Or can the car it be raised? What of the Acura rdx 2007 model? Is it a good car? Please I need advice urgently
Slightly. I think Lexus GS has a higher ground clearance.
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 4:26am On Jan 21, 2020
Peafairy:

ES 350 never had 16" tyres, somethings are definitely not adding up. The Es350 came standard with 17". But you could look the way of the GS it's slightly higher off the ground.
Re: Club-Lexus by HeavenlyBang(m): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2020
radautoworks:

*Sigh*
Year one statistics

Umm, you're wrong. If demand for the A4 was higher, Audi would make more.
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 7:37am On Jan 21, 2020
HeavenlyBang:

Umm, you're wrong. If demand for the A4 was higher, Audi would make more.

Ummm you so two thousand and late
Re: Club-Lexus by Peafairy(f): 8:18am On Jan 21, 2020
[quote author=KINGreignn post=85973883

Ok but what do you think of the 2007 Acura rdx? Is it good? Pls tell me the pros and cons
Re: Club-Lexus by Peafairy(f): 8:20am On Jan 21, 2020
conductor250:

Slightly. I think Lexus GS has a higher ground clearance.

Isn’t it more expensive on fuel, parts than the es? What do you think of the 2007 Acura rdx? Pros and cons
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 8:54am On Jan 21, 2020
Peafairy:

Isn’t it more expensive on fuel, parts than the es? What do you think of the 2007 Acura rdx? Pros and cons

If you get the turbo (the fun one), forget gas mileage. Everything else though you'll love. Former owner.
Re: Club-Lexus by Areaboy2(m): 9:13am On Jan 21, 2020
radautoworks:

If you get the turbo (the fun one), forget gas mileage. Everything else though you'll love. Former owner.

what do you mean by turbo one?
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 10:21am On Jan 21, 2020
Peafairy:
[quote author=KINGreignn post=85973883

Ok but what do you think of the 2007 Acura rdx? Is it good? Pls tell me the pros and cons

It's fun to drive, a bit underpowered, parts are expensive and could be scarce, terrible fuel economy for such a compact crossover with a tiny pencil sharpener engine.
Re: Club-Lexus by radautoworks: 11:10am On Jan 21, 2020
Areaboy2:

what do you mean by turbo one?

Comes with two engine types. One is turbo
Re: Club-Lexus by KINGreignn: 11:46am On Jan 21, 2020
radautoworks:

Comes with two engine types. One is turbo

That non turbo own na scam.

1 Like

Re: Club-Lexus by anyibig: 2:32am On Jan 29, 2020
Good day guys, I really want to buy my first car and I'm going lexus gs 300 2001-2004. Please can anybody tell me more about the car when it comes to problems and availability of parts. Thanks
Re: Club-Lexus by cooldragon: 8:21am On Jan 29, 2020
Good morning,please does anyone know an OBD2 scanner that works with iPhone
Re: Club-Lexus by Hacuttie: 8:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
Well
Re: Club-Lexus by Jacktours: 7:37pm On Feb 04, 2020
Good day guys,please I urgently need to know the price range of tokunbo Lexus ES 300
Re: Club-Lexus by funkymeky: 12:59am On Feb 05, 2020
Please who knows of a good auto mechanic here in Port Harcourt where i can service my Lexus ES 350. And is there anyone here that has changed the Ac compressor of ES 350 please. I would love to join the WhatsApp group please
Re: Club-Lexus by bodeface: 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2020
Team. Good evening.

Appreciate advice from senior members
Re: Club-Lexus by Nobody: 6:05pm On Feb 07, 2020
bodeface:
Team. Good evening.
Please, I want to service my car RX350 2011 for the first time since I bought it, my mechanic is recommending Mobil XHP 20W-50 instead of synthetic oil, he said since the engine has accumulated milage, (approx 100K) that the synthetic is not good for the engine.

What does your vehicle manual say? Does it recommend 20W-50 when the vehicle goes beyond 100k miles?
Re: Club-Lexus by dru23(m): 11:56pm On Feb 07, 2020
bodeface:
Team. Good evening.
Please, I want to service my car RX350 2011 for the first time since I bought it, my mechanic is recommending Mobil XHP 20W-50 instead of synthetic oil, he said since the engine has accumulated milage, (approx 100K) that the synthetic is not good for the engine.

My brother ,my brother, my brother.. How many times did I call you my brother? .. Stay away from crazy mechanics 20w50 is the wrong engine oil for your car .. It will knock your engine before u know it .. You have a 2011 rx350 that has a push start system.. You have no business listening to that mechanic.. If you love your wallet and you want peace of mind ..kindly run away from that mechanic....

If you read the owner's manual or the engine oil cover of your car . It should tell you the correct oil weight ,and it should tell you 0w20 .. 0w20 will wrk for well even under Nigerian hot weather .. Also since your car is over 75k miles , high mileage engine oil will do fine ,do not use I repeat do not use 20w50 oil .. Your engine will not only knock ,but it will not work to full capacity.. And a replacement will likely cost above 200k naira .. And not only that to get the correct mechanic that will do the job well is another battle itself.....

Look for good engine oil .. I import Mobil 1 extended performance from the USA for sale at 17k naira.. It is the same oil I use for my Uber fleet and private cars...... Again do not use 20w50 for that car.. Start looking for a new mechanic to handle your car .. If you fail to take to my advice, you have nobody to blame but yourself .. A word is enough for the wise....

Below ....is the owner's manual for your car.. I took the time to Google it online via Lexus page.. It cost me nothing and Google is your friend.. And below also is the 0w20 for your car ......

Re: Club-Lexus by dru23(m): 12:05am On Feb 08, 2020
funkymeky:
Please who knows of a good auto mechanic here in Port Harcourt where i can service my Lexus ES 350. And is there anyone here that has changed the Ac compressor of ES 350 please. I would love to join the WhatsApp group please

I just got a request to bring in a.c. compressor for ES350 from the USA ..... Hit me up via dru23@hotmail.com for my whatapps number.. And I can tell you next when am loading.. I just loaded that a.c. compressor for es350 few days ago ...

Re: Club-Lexus by Godliftedme: 8:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
@dru23
Thanks for the indepth advice, I believed the poster has ears to hear.

dru23:

My brother ,my brother, my brother.. How many times did I call you my brother? .. Stay away from crazy mechanics 20w50 is the wrong engine oil for your car .. It will knock your engine before u know it .. You have a 2011 rx350 that has a push start system.. You have no business listening to that mechanic.. If you love your wallet and you want peace of mind ..kindly run away from that mechanic....

If you read the owner's manual or the engine oil cover of your car . It should tell you the correct oil weight ,and it should tell you 0w20 .. 0w20 will wrk for well even under Nigerian hot weather .. Also since your car is over 75k miles , high mileage engine oil will do fine ,do not use I repeat do not use 20w50 oil .. Your engine will not only knock ,but it will not work to full capacity.. And a replacement will likely cost above 200k naira .. And not only that to get the correct mechanic that will do the job well is another battle itself.....

Look for good engine oil .. I import Mobil 1 extended performance from the USA for sale at 17k naira.. It is the same oil I use for my Uber fleet and private cars...... Again do not use 20w50 for that car.. Start looking for a new mechanic to handle your car .. If you fail to take to my advice, you have nobody to blame but yourself .. A word is enough for the wise....

Below ....is the owner's manual for your car.. I took the time to Google it online via Lexus page.. It cost me nothing and Google is your friend.. And below also is the 0w20 for your car ......

Re: Club-Lexus by dru23(m): 9:23pm On Feb 08, 2020
Godliftedme:
@dru23
Thanks for the indepth advice, I believed the poster has ears to hear.

(1) (2) (3) ... (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) ... (140) (Reply)

Peugeot: Cars With Attitude! / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / How Many Kilometres Can Your Car Travel Per Litre Of Fuel?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.