Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,568 members, 7,816,393 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? (5140 Views)

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? / Free E-books, Novels, Magazine, Notes Etc / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Babe2sure(f): 10:47am On Oct 22, 2013
My fellow book lovers, have you ever read a book that stir your emotions to the point of crying or make you empathize with a character?
Mine are:
1)The notebook by Nicholas Sparks.
2)Blue nights by Joan Didion
3)The fault in our stars-John Green
4)The time travellers wife- Andrew Niffen
5)Master of the game-by Sidney sheldon(when Jamie had stroke and died,I was sad).
Pls,let's know yours.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by demelza: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2013
1. The Green Mile - Stephen King (cried when John Coffey was killed for a crime he didnt commit).
2. The Chambers - John Grisham (even though Sam was a KKK member, his death by electric chair did sadden me).
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Mynd44: 11:08am On Oct 22, 2013
Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief. I cared for the time I wasted reading it

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Lawconfessor(f): 12:25pm On Oct 22, 2013
I'd rather stuck cal/solvin all day dan read.

Not a novel lover actually.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by chistar01(m): 12:58pm On Oct 22, 2013
People actually cry while reading a novel? shocked....what would happen if you watch the movie?

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Babe2sure(f): 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2013
Law-confessor:
I'd rather stuck cal/solvin all day dan read.

Not a novel lover actually.

Sis,you don't know what you ɑ̤̥̈̊я̲̣̣̥є̲̣̣̣̥ missing by not reading novels.Start with 'Master of the game' by sidney sheldon Fø̲̣̣я̅ a start αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ you will be hooked.

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Babe2sure(f): 10:52pm On Oct 23, 2013
chistar01: People actually cry while reading a novel? shocked....what would happen if you watch the movie?

Very well.Some novels wlll carry your emotions,make you sad αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ empathize with the character.Probably, you have not come across them.If you will be interested,I can recommend some to you.Then,you will come back αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ tell me if you bawl or not.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Lawconfessor(f): 7:10pm On Oct 24, 2013
Babe2sure: Sis,you don't know what you ɑ̤̥̈̊я̲̣̣̥є̲̣̣̣̥ missing by not reading novels.Start with 'Master of the game' by sidney sheldon Fø̲̣̣я̅ a start αΏ̶̲̣̣̥d̶̲̥̅̊ you will be hooked.

Hahahahahahahahaha

I ain't missing anyfin compared to wot i'm enjoying weneva calculatns re involved.
I used to read back den actually- but honestly, this time i LOST interest in novels.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by princesa(f): 9:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Joys of motherhood: Buchi Emecheta

Purple Hibiscus: Adiche

Yellow Yellow: Kain Agary

They made me very emotional and not necessarily cry. But i cry like a baby whenever i see Titanicsad

2 Likes

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by AMYpurple(f): 10:00pm On Oct 24, 2013
Just one,
flowers in the attic-V.C Andrews

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Babe2sure(f): 6:20am On Oct 25, 2013
Law-confessor:

Hahahahahahahahaha

I ain't missing anyfin compared to wot i'm enjoying weneva calculatns re involved.
I used to read back den actually- but honestly, this time i LOST interest in novels.

Whatever rock your world! Buddy........
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by nathandrake(m): 11:52am On Jan 10, 2014
princesa: Joys of motherhood: Buchi Emecheta

They made me very emotional and not necessarily cry. But i cry like a baby whenever i see Titanicsad

Cry baby!! I recommend "Like stars on earth" I bet you will cry n come back to thank me. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green drag the tears from my eyes
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by noble4d(m): 1:41pm On Jan 10, 2014
so long a letter - mariama ba
A mystical ring - Idris Mohammed
malice - Danielle steel
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Medunah: 2:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Purple hibiscus by chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, i cried like hell
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by MightyFortress: 10:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
The Joys of motherhood.. Buchi Emecheta
Things Fall Apart... Chinua Achebe
Roots... Alex Haley
Little Men... Dont Know the author..
Like Stars On Earth.. Beautiful Indian Movie..

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 12, 2014
The complete asaasin pilot by Kayemjay.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Bravoosii: 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Not cry, no. It's never that serious. But deep/sad and I was really touched. And The Mountains Echoed-Khaled Hosseini. Roots-Alex Haley. TFIOS-John Green. The Kite Runner-Khaled Hosseini.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by thinkngrowrich(m): 9:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
a time to kill by grisham got to me
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Brymo: 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
Breath of scandal
Sandra brown.
When Jade sperry was ganged raped, and her mum wasn't behind her, chai it was painful, and i was angry.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Brymo: 1:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
MightyFortress:
The Joys of motherhood.. Buchi Emecheta
Things Fall Apart... Chinua Achebe
Roots... Alex Haley
Little Men... Dont Know the author..
Like Stars On Earth.. Beautiful Indian Movie..
i have read Achebe's TFA, more than a thousand times, and it was obeireka (nt sure about d spelling though, Okonkwo's friend) line that did d magic, 'the white man has put a knife btw us, and now things are beginning to fall apart' (paraphrased) when d discovered okonkwo dangling body. JOM is another one and Africa night entertainment. My African novels, i av not bin seeing mo of them, so i decided to go completely western.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by XKZ(m): 6:03am On Oct 16, 2014
AMYpurple:
Just one,

Same here.
Really sad book. Such horrible betrayal, and yet they forgave her.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Emyemyberry(m): 1:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
Hi peeps try and read these
Nothing lasts forever by sidney sheldon
a Rogue in me.....google the author pls
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by TheRealStuff: 7:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
AMYpurple:
Just one,

Very touching story, the i.n.c.e.s.t part xpcly. Wished I could lay my hands on their silly mum and grandma
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by SeverusSnape(m): 11:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
princesa:
Joys of motherhood: Buchi Emecheta

You just spoke my mind.... JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD.....

1 Like

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Missmossy(f): 7:48am On Oct 26, 2014
Fine things by Danielle Steel i had teary eyes for weeks.

3 Likes

Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by austinenice(m): 9:24am On Dec 05, 2014
Mynd44:
Percy Jackson and the Lightning thief. I cared for the time I wasted reading it
but why? Thats one of my best book so far and it has ten series and am readin my last one now
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Juliedora79(f): 1:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
Sons of fortune- John fletcher ( they were twins separated at birth, nd lived their lives as opponents academically, socially and politically)

Joys of motherhood- Buchi Emechetta. To think she suffered all that and only payment she got was a good burial. Lesspn I learnt- to treat my mum like Gold while she's still alive. a grand burial after death is worthless.

The mayor of casterbridge- Touching story sha.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by pryd(m): 2:45pm On Dec 05, 2014
Tiny Sunbirds Far Away by Christie Waston stirred my emotions.
Hope's Wristwatch(short stories and poems) by Tony Marinho is another good read. #TeamAfricanLiterature
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Babe2sure(f): 11:11am On Dec 11, 2014
Juliedora79:
Sons of fortune- John fletcher ( they were twins separated at birth, nd lived their lives as opponents academically, socially and politically

Whaoo! I will really like to read about twins who were separated at birth. I think it will make an interesting read.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Babe2sure(f): 11:18am On Dec 11, 2014
Missmossy:
Fine things by Danielle Steel i had teary eyes for weeks.

I learnt Danielle steel's stories are depressing. But have not got around to read any.
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by Missmossy(f): 1:15pm On Dec 11, 2014
Babe2sure:

I learnt Danielle steel stories are depressing. But have not got around to read any.
Lollz not depressing like you made I sound grin they could be just unpleasant experiences in them tongue
Re: Which Books/Novels Made You Emotional? by jauntty: 1:20pm On Dec 30, 2014
SeverusSnape:
You just spoke my mind.... JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD.....
I was at the brink of shedding tears but I just held back when I read the ending of that novel. I used to read a lot of novels back then.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seven Powers ( A Supernatural Story ) / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 9 / An Anthology To Commemorate The Dana Plane Crash

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.