Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,005 members, 7,953,002 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:59 AM

Questions For Atheists!!! - Religion (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For Atheists!!! (10923 Views)

Questions For Atheists (all Atheists Please Come In) / Questions For Atheists ( Answer your easiest 5) / Yet Another Unanswered Question On Creation for atheists/scientists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 10:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
Uyi Iredia: ^^^ After all that work he has what . . . a convert. Anunsure one at that. Dude needs to learn from Oyedepo and co he likes bashing a lot, even the FSM church does better.
smh...You boys!?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by ajayikayod: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
peterphd:
Ever heard of public disturbance?

U ever heard of self deception?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 12:37pm On Nov 06, 2013
pls o, does witchcraft and magic exist? If no, cool...but if yes, where do pple get their powers from? If there are un-seen powers, where do they come from? Wont something be responsible for super-natural events? If we beliv that MONEY RITUALS, CULTS, SANGO, OGUN OSUN, IFA etc all exist, apart from stupidity, why do we now find it DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE that GOD and d devil EXIST?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by onetrack(m): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2013
anochuko01: pls o, does witchcraft and magic exist? If no, cool...but if yes, where do pple get their powers from? If there are un-seen powers, where do they come from? Wont something be responsible for super-natural events? If we beliv that MONEY RITUALS, CULTS, SANGO, OGUN OSUN, IFA etc all exist, apart from stupidity, why do we now find it DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE that GOD and d devil EXIST?

Who are you addressing? If atheists, then you should know that none of us believe in supernatural events or powers, so all those rituals and cults are fake. If you are addressing people that believe in those things, then you are not addressing atheists.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 9:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
anochuko01: pls o, does witchcraft and magic exist? If no, cool...but if yes, where do pple get their powers from? If there are un-seen powers, where do they come from? Wont something be responsible for super-natural events? If we beliv that MONEY RITUALS, CULTS, SANGO, OGUN OSUN, IFA etc all exist, apart from stupidity, why do we now find it DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE that GOD and d devil EXIST?

Ask Pagan 9ja
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 10:48pm On Nov 07, 2013
onetrack:

Who are you addressing? If atheists, then you should know that none of us believe in supernatural events or powers, so all those rituals and cults are fake. If you are addressing people that believe in those things, then you are not addressing atheists.

that the "super-natural" doesnt exist.....thats funny to hear. But if by mistake you fall into their hands, just remember that Jesus' name saves...you hear?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by nnofaith: 7:58am On Nov 08, 2013
anochuko01:

that the "super-natural" doesnt exist.....thats funny to hear. But if by mistake you fall into their hands, just remember that Jesus' name saves...you hear?
like his name saved the pple that died in the anambra vigil!

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 8:09am On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: like his name saved the pple that died in the anambra vigil!

grin
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 9:12am On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: like his name saved the pple that died in the anambra vigil!

no.... Like his name saved keneth hagin from paralysis and leukemea. And as if you didnt know that the anambra vigil was more of a political gathering...
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by esauy: 9:50am On Nov 08, 2013
I feel indebted to this forum because it was Africa that made me an Atheist. What Good God would allow people to suffer and be exploited for so long. Nigerians need to start asking Pastor Chris and T.B. Joshua to step off the private jets and elegant mansions they own and take it to the streets to fight corruption and establish infrastructure, transparency and Jobs for Africans. Bill Gates is doing more to fight Malaria than any Christian. Did you see how righteous Pat Robertson used Aid to the Rwanda conflict as a cover to fly in his factory trawlers to dredge diamonds with the assistance of warlords? Keep your blind faith on that straight and narrow path and watch yourself continue to be taken advantage off by the oppressor who brought you your Abrahamic Faith. Blind leading leading the Blind, open up your eyes, read these links and tell me if your still a believer? If you have the courage to truly read these links you will understand how I can be an atheist.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/opinion/forum/2011-07-31-atheism-morality-evolution-religion_n.htm

http://www.brainpickings.org/index.php/2013/09/20/how-evolution-works-animated/

http://www.fairobserver.com/article/testing-god-hypothesis
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by nnofaith: 10:13am On Nov 08, 2013
anochuko01:

no.... Like his name saved keneth hagin from paralysis and leukemea. And as if you didnt know that the anambra vigil was more of a political gathering...
why did he give keneth luekamea in the first place?!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Lordlexyy: 10:37am On Nov 08, 2013
texanomaly:

First:
God created Adam and Eve literally. No if's, and's, or butts about it.

Second:
I don't believe in the trinity. I believe God has a glorified body. Jesus is his only begotten son. A separate being with a glorified body too. (Yes I said BODY) The Holy Ghost is a spirit being.

Third:
Yes. (I have no idea exactly how He did it.)

That is my belief. I'm sure many on both sides will disagree, but that is not my concern. It's not something I will debate with ANYONE. I will be happy to hear your opinion. I'm glad you have one. I find all religions and non-religions festinating actually.

Half baked (no offence)
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 11:12am On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: why did he give keneth luekamea in the first place?!

Lolgrin. Satan did it.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 12:04pm On Nov 08, 2013
nnofaith: why did he give keneth luekamea in the first place?!

is he the one that makes you sick? Or maybe u'v never fallen sick b4.

I tell u, when u'v exhausted ur last resort, only then will YOU believe that there's a God somewhere!
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 08, 2013
anochuko01:

is he the one that makes you sick? Or maybe u'v never fallen sick b4.

I tell u, when u'v exhausted ur last resort, only then will YOU believe that there's a God somewhere!

What was he looking at when he was about having Leukemea?

I used to think prevention is better than cure
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 12:36pm On Nov 08, 2013
rationalmind:

the same place you've been looking that has made u not to fall sick since u were born.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2013
anochuko01:
the same place you've been looking that has made u not to fall sick since u were born.

By "he", I meant God. I don't think I need to spell that out for you
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2013
rationalmind:

By "he", I meant God. I don't think I need to spell that out for you

like i said....''when u'v exhausted your last resort, ONLY then will you know that there's a God somewhere''
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2013
Lordlexyy: Half baked (no offence)
Lolz. None taken. I'm glad you have an opinion.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by texanomaly(f): 2:15pm On Nov 08, 2013
rationalmind:

Huh?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 08, 2013
anochuko01:

like i said....''when u'v exhausted your last resort, ONLY then will you know that there's a God somewhere''

Lol, I get your point. Bt I'd rather die after exhausting my last resort than believe in fairytale
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Kay17: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2013
anochuko01:

Who is God?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 2:53pm On Nov 08, 2013
rationalmind:

Lol, I get your point. Bt I'd rather die after exhausting my last resort than believe in fairytale

my brother...i'll not want you to die like that....neither will you want to. But till then, enjoy ur life
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by nnofaith: 7:07pm On Nov 08, 2013
So if he believes in God he is going to live forever?!!

@anuchukwu
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by UyiIredia(m): 12:34am On Nov 09, 2013
Fxwarrior: What if after construction of a house I told you,I don't believe you built this house.How would you feel?

Annoyed. I see where this analogy goes. But it fails because we have evidence to builders from direct observation and common experience. Even still some claims to building would be doubted given poor evidence. For example, few would doubt an Eifell tower in Nigeria by Nigerians cause we lack the labour skills requisite.

Fxwarrior: As a baby in the womb,what if I told you about the world?Would you believe me?

No, I won't. I am a baby in the womb and wouldn't even comprehend what you say.

Fxwarrior: As someone who spent his lifetime in village devoid of civilisation,what if I told you about America ?Would you believe me?

No. Till you showed me directly or gave evidence in form of a good relic from there.

If God acted as the dude in the OT. I am pretty damn sure there'll be little or no atheists and the world would be a lot different from now. Harsh but that kind would be okay as evidence for atheists. Note God repeatedly did those miracles eg speaking to crowds in OT and science involves reeatable observations eg a ball fallng to the ground.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 7:02am On Nov 09, 2013
nnofaith: So if he believes in God he is going to live forever?!!

@anuchukwu
we all would live 4ever....av u heard of eternity? Wat if aftr all it turns out to be true wat would bcome of u? I dnt knw ur bliv abt aftr-life but christainity provides a platform to live a wonderful life on earth and in eternity. Since i cant capture an angel 4u, i may nt be able 2prove much....

1 Like

Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Kay17: 7:18am On Nov 09, 2013
anochuko01:
we all would live 4ever....av u heard of eternity? Wat if aftr all it turns out to be true wat would bcome of u? I dnt knw ur bliv abt aftr-life but christainity provides a platform to live a wonderful life on earth and in eternity. Since i cant capture an angel 4u, i may nt be able 2prove much....

No, Christianity does not give full meaning to our existential issues. It does not address the issue of suffering properly. It gives a generic purpose/meaning in life to all human regardless of of our pecularities and which is obviously inadequate.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 7:20am On Nov 09, 2013
Why is 'killing' and 'stealing' a crime today. Also, aw did Little moral values like 'always sayin the truth' and 'obedience' come into existence. Does it mean that leaders around the world sat together and concluded on it? Whats the ORIGIN of morals?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 7:27am On Nov 09, 2013
Kay 17:

No, Christianity does not give full meaning to our existential issues. It does not address the issue of suffering properly. It gives a generic purpose/meaning in life to all human regardless of of our pecularities and which is obviously inadequate.
just as NOKIA wont write the WHOLE FUNCTIONS (except basic)of its phone in its manual and u discover abt it as time goes on, so can u nt discover ALL about christainity OUTSIDE IT. U knw more abt life, God, ur-self and all other thngs as time goes on
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by Kay17: 7:43am On Nov 09, 2013
Tell me what is your purpose in life?
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by anochuko01(m): 8:45am On Nov 09, 2013
Kay 17: Tell me what is your purpose in life?
i love this questn...bro.
Despite the fact that i'm an under-graduate, i've had enough 'words of assurance and revelatns from God' concerning my purpose in life, both in carrear and ministry. This is something i would av never been able to know without aving a living relatnshp with God.

Jeremiah didnt know the purpose of his life until he knew God. God even went on to empower him and gave him all he needed to fufil dis purpose (jeremiah 1:4-10). This is what God has done for me, and he will do 4everyone who comes to him (jeremiah 29:11-13).

I'v tasted both sides of life (life without and with God) and i can say that there's nothing lyk aving a living relatnshp with God. Discovering one's purpose in life starts with discovering God.
Re: Questions For Atheists!!! by UyiIredia(m): 10:23am On Nov 09, 2013
@ anucoku: These words of assurance are simply your mind playing you. Would you believe a person's belief that God told him to kill his wife, or a woman that God'll have her kill her kids,they believe these things as much as you and heard CLEAR words of assurance. I find it funny, even ironic where it's a Christian psychiatrist such cases as mental disorders, when such is said to be certainly not of God. How u take know. God no tell Pa Abram to kill Isaac ? And for NT before u say Jesus blood don cover this, God no use Holy Spirit kill Ananias and Sapphira ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fifty Proofs That JESUS Is Not The Christ. / Does Your Church Still Preach About Hell Fire, Holy Living, Rapture, Eternity? / Righteousness Is Not Right Doing But Right Being - Joseph Prince

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.