Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,313 members, 7,853,450 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 04:56 PM

Kanye West Defends Bringing Jesus Lookalike On Stage - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Kanye West Defends Bringing Jesus Lookalike On Stage (587 Views)

Peter Okoye Defends Kaffy Over Sexy Photos / Timaya Lookalike Making Waves In Benue (see Photos) / Eye Witness Defends Kumiyi's Son's Wedding! Says Pictures Were Altered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kanye West Defends Bringing Jesus Lookalike On Stage by ProfessorD(m): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2013
kanye offended quite a number of people when he brought a Jesus lookalike on stage during the first stop of his Yeezy tour in Seattle onSaturday.
Kanye now explains the method to his madness...
Kanye tells Wild 94.9 in San Fransico
"I had a friend of mine that is a pastor
and we were discussing how we were
going to deliver it. My girl even asked
afterwards “isn’t that weird if Jesus
comes on stage or something like that?”
No we do plays all the time where people
play Jesus. What’s awesome about
Christianity is that we are allowed to
portray God. We'e allowed to draw an
image of Him. We’re allowed to make
movies about Him. Other religions you
can’t do that. Michelangelo did it…It’s a
painting, it’s a sculpture, it’s a moving
opera, it's a play, it’s a message. I’m not
even going to do any comparisons with
that. God knows where my heart is at.
Source:lindaikeji..com

(1) (Reply)

Don Jazzy Vs Wande Coal: Who's The Baby? Who's The Don? [by Oluwole Babatunde] / Ja Rule Talks Prison And The Secret To His Marriage / Nelson Mandela A.K.A Madiba Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.