Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,438 members, 7,853,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

An Open Letter To Davido By A Fan - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / An Open Letter To Davido By A Fan (897 Views)

Dele Momodu’s Reaction To Davido's Osinachi Remix / Who Did This To Davido? / "You Were Advertising Drug Trafficking", NDLEA To Davido. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Davido By A Fan by temmytboi(m): 10:54pm On Oct 22, 2013
Hello reader! 
If you're on this page, you'll be reading about 3points in few minutes. 
1- SKELEWU VIDEO
Big ups to Davido, I'm a big fan and I must commend him for good tunes. 
When the 1st video was released, I didn't criticize it. I thought it was good (not bad). But, seeing the tweets of Davido where he was indirectly lashing out on the director made me think he'll come up with a grammy award winning video of the same single. The new one dropped yesterday and I was lost. 
If the 2nd video was the only one, It would have been better, as it is, the 2nd wasn't too better off. Just like the England players, it was over hyped. Great work from Moe Musa tho, quality video and great concept but one would have  expected more because of the hype. 

2- FANS
I wish the fans will be a bit blunt some times. It would help our artistes a lot. Before I downloaded the 2nd video, I saw lots of tweets about how great the video was only to be a bit disappointed. I don't think saying the truth on twitter will kill, Or not getting a RT from Davido means you don't exist. Let's try help our artistes, if they've done something great, let's hail them, if they didn't meet the standard set for them or expected of them, let's notify them accordingly. 

3- BLOGGER
Its a good thing to support great music. Its wonderful to want to update your blog/site every time. I won't stop saying this, bloggers will always hype and over hype made acts and the artistes don't even know you, they don't appreciate you. Some bloggers have well more than 5posts on their site on this Skelewu matter (1- when Davido announced the release of the 1st video. 2- when he announced the postponement. 3- the official 1st video. 4- a post to nullify the video. 5- a post about the 1st director's reaction. 6- A post of Davido shooting another video in London. 7- A post about wizkid's alleged twitter sub. 8- A post about the song dropping 8pm yesterday. 9- A post about the official 2nd video.)
With all these, by the special grace of God, they didn't receive a penny. 
Upcoming acts will beg these same bloggers and they'll charge, saying they don't work for free, help me here, who paid them for Skelewu's releases? 
We know some great bloggers who are upcoming-artistes-friendly, big shout out to them.
If you're a blogger and you are amongst those who collects money before you help any upcoming act, please go find a better job. Don't see them as your ATM. 

Thanks for your time. If you like, you can share your thought. 
God bless.
Re: An Open Letter To Davido By A Fan by Kcwarren: 11:00pm On Oct 22, 2013
Nice article

Click like if didn't read all thru

5 Likes

Re: An Open Letter To Davido By A Fan by RedCard1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2013
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Wizkid, Banky W And P-square Win At 2013 Channel O Awards + Winners List / Nicki Minaj Disses Rihanna For Breaking Drake’s Heart & Being Unapologetic About / Detox, Colon Cleansing & Weight Loss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.