Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (83680 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 7:51pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thefarmer3:

Oh, really?... So does that imply that as you're placed on batch 91, when contributions reach 91 you'll be paid, and you still have to wait for accrued rights to reach 91 too?
exactly brother. As much as the deceased was employed before 2004, definitely such civil/public servant already made some contributions prior to aforementioned year thereby entitled to Accrued rights

Contributions is only being paid first in other to cushion financial constraints faced by dependants of the deceased.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 8:54pm On Dec 17, 2020
yetunsbay:
exactly brother. As much as the deceased was employed before 2004, definitely such civil/public servant already made some contributions prior to aforementioned year thereby entitled to Accrued rights

Contributions is only being paid first in other to cushion financial constraints faced by dependants of the deceased.

Oh I see...

Thanks brother
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:56pm On Dec 17, 2020
Thefarmer3:

Oh I see...

Thanks brother
you welcome

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 9:40pm On Dec 21, 2020
yetunsbay:

Are you sure about this? Because my source in Stanbic said, once contributions are paid, you still can't access the funds because they'll need to do reconciliations then pay accrued rights before you can access the funds.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:05am On Dec 22, 2020
livewithpurpose:

Are you sure about this? Because my source in Stanbic said, once contributions are paid, you still can't access the funds because they'll need to do reconciliations then pay accrued rights before you can access the funds.
fr Pencom
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 6:30am On Dec 23, 2020
yetunsbay:
my explanation above was from Pencom staff who picked the call. I made sure he emphasized more on the last statement

Ok. Thank you
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by playcharles(m): 7:12am On Dec 23, 2020
Sigma pension is among them from the point OP is trying to make
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 11:55am On Dec 24, 2020
Thefarmer3:

Ermmm, I don't think the year of death really matters. It is when your application reaches PENCOM that determines the batch he'll fall under... And it's your PFA that will determine when your application reaches PENCOM...
Hello..
What batch am I likely to fall under if my application was finalised in November, 2020?

Again, the PALpension customer care told me that a certain amount would be remitted to Pencom. Is that supposed to be true?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 12:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
ChemicalReaction:

Hello..
What batch am I likely to fall under if my application was finalised in November, 2020?

Again, the PALpension customer care told me that a certain amount would be remitted to Pencom. Is that supposed to be true?

Hi, we can't be sure you've been placed in a batch o. You need to confirm if your application has reached PENCOM in Abuja, if it has they'll tell you your batch.

PENCOM can be reached via 094603930.

About a certain amount being remitted to PENCOM, I've not heard that before. I wasn't told

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thefarmer3:

Hi, we can't be sure you've been placed in a batch o. You need to confirm if your application has reached PENCOM in Abuja, if it has they'll tell you your batch.

PENCOM can be reached via 094603930.

About a certain amount being remitted to PENCOM, I've not heard that before. I wasn't told
Okay.
Thank you.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Cutehector(m): 6:07am On Dec 25, 2020
Come, e be like say before I die, I go carry my lawyer go my PFA office make we sitdon reason this matter and sign agreement.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 8:41pm On Dec 28, 2020
I pray make dem pay our batch before lockdown
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 11:29am On Dec 29, 2020
yetunsbay:
As at 17/12/2020

Accrued Rights- 85

Contributions- 89

Its the other way round pls.
Accrued Rights:- 89
Death benefits/Contributions:- 85.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:20pm On Dec 29, 2020
frioslegend02:

Thanks. Kindly educate on difference between both maybe my understanding of each is loopsided
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2020
frioslegend02:

Are you serious? I'm batch 90.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 5:26am On Dec 30, 2020
livewithpurpose:

Are you serious? I'm batch 90.
call Pencom today & give feedback
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by JustforMen: 6:08am On Dec 30, 2020
rofemiguwa:
Me too dy have bin collecting my pension for like 2yrs and I have only 48k in my account. WhEn dy deduct 14k every month from my salary. The annoying part is the housing scheme too. Collecting my 12.5k every month into national housing fund that no one ever has acess to

Please we need a revolution in this country

Check with your employer.
If they deduct up to 14k monthly for pension then you monthly contribution should be at least 14k+14k=28k multiplied by the number of months you have worked.
Your employer is supposed to contribute at least 50% of your monthly contribution while you contribute the other 50%.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ifeanyija(m): 11:14am On Dec 30, 2020
yetunsbay:
Why can't NOK claim balance in PFA separately sef before arrival of death benefits from Pencom
Account needs to be reconciled and accrued right paid

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frioslegend02: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2021
yetunsbay:
Thanks. Kindly educate on difference between both maybe my understanding of each is loopsided

From what I understand, the retirement savings account carries contributions made by the individual and the MDAs (8% contribution by the individual and another 8% by the employer monthly?). At death, the beneficiary is expected to get Em bloc the whole sum on the RSA. The amount entails;
1. Accrued rights, which are contributions before June 2004, the government usually make provision in her budget every year and are remitted to the RSA.
2. Contributions, I already explained these above. Monthly remittance by the RSA holder and his/her employer. Usually the standing balance on the RSA at death.
3. Death benefit. This is also known as the group life, which is 3 times the total annual emoluments of the deceased person and they are by law paid into the RSA.
I stand to be corrected.

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2021
frioslegend02:

From what I understand, the retirement savings account carries contributions made by the individual and the MDAs (8% contribution by the individual and another 8% by the employer monthly?). At death, the beneficiary is expected to get Em bloc the whole sum on the RSA. The amount entails;
1. Accrued rights, which are contributions before June 2004, the government usually make provision in her budget every year and are remitted to the RSA.
2. Contributions, I already explained these above. Monthly remittance by the RSA holder and his/her employer. Usually the standing balance on the RSA at death.
3. Death benefit. This is also known as the group life, which is 3 times the total annual emoluments of the deceased person and they are by law paid into the RSA.
I stand to be corrected.
Thank you
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by livewithpurpose: 11:35am On Jan 05, 2021
frioslegend02:

I stand to be corrected.

I believe this changed because we've been paid the group life insurance for my father who died in service. What we are waiting for now is the Accrued rights.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 6:20pm On Jan 05, 2021
livewithpurpose:

I believe this changed because we've been paid the group life insurance for my father who died in service. What we are waiting for now is the Accrued rights.
Smiles. Group life insurance is entirely different from above explanations
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Thefarmer3: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2021
yetunsbay:
Smiles. Group life insurance is entirely different from above explanations

But look at what he said in No 3, he described Death benefits as Group life
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2021
Thefarmer3:

But look at what he said in No 3, he described Death benefits as Group life
As far as I know Group life isn't death benefits
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Leezah(f): 9:52pm On Jan 05, 2021
frioslegend02:

I stand to be corrected.
You are very knowledgeable about this. Please my Dad retired 2017 with a state government but he has not gotten anything, is there anything that can be done to fast track his benefits?
Please help me house
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Leezah(f): 9:54pm On Jan 05, 2021
livewithpurpose:

is this group life insurance applicable to State government retired staff?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 7:59am On Jan 06, 2021
Leezah:
is this group life insurance applicable to State government retired staff?
Group life is only meant for Govt employees who died in active service. It's an insurance cover
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 8:00am On Jan 06, 2021
Leezah:
You are very knowledgeable about this. Please my Dad retired 2017 with a state government but he has not gotten anything, is there anything that can be done to fast track his benefits?
Please help me house
talk with his PFA and follow up
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by josh4me: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2021
I believe this is for those that worked under the Federal government. Please I need clarification concerning those that worked for the state government. How can we get the death benefits? My mum died since 2010 and we have processed all documents but still we haven't received her death benefits. or what am I missing? any advice or clarification?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 1:33pm On Jan 06, 2021
God helps
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by ChemicalReaction(f): 12:16am On Jan 07, 2021
yetunsbay:
Group life is only meant for Govt employees who died in active service. It's an insurance cover
By govt employees, do you mean both federal and state govts?
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetunsbay(m): 12:21am On Jan 07, 2021
ChemicalReaction:
By govt employees, do you mean both federal and state govts?
Very sure and conversant with FG only.

Can 9ja State Govt really Insure her employees. Uhmmmm

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (30) (Reply)

MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14 / Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.