Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 PM

How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians - Investment (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians (83192 Views)

Pension Managers Please Come In. / The Absurd Ways Pension Managers Cheat Nigerians part2. / I Want To Withdraw From My Pension Fund Account! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by buJu234: 4:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
i have long decided not to put any hope or trust in the Nigerian govt. so if its tax immediately they take it i jst see it as part of my business cost/ cost of doing business in Nigeria... same goes 4 NEPA bill etc..

if u have faith in this Nigeria PENSION scheme weather managed by foreign Pension managers like Stanbic IBTC or by local firms like ARM pension... i will advice u to just remove ur mind oo..

if u plan ur life very well... imagine starting to work @ the age of 25-30 then retire at 60-65yrs u have a big difference of 30-40yrs to try and diversify ur income even if u re a federal govt. worker.

I tell u the truth u will find that at age 65yrs wen u re due 4 retirement u will find that ur worth will b far far more than the money the PENSION company will pay u... so b wise...

the funniest thing that makes me to laugh abt this retirement things is that at the end of active service; ur company will then b advising u to go into business.... can u imagine at age 60-65

if u have better sense why nt start part time business along ur main job now that u are young and the a whole 25-30yrs?

7 Likes

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Sagamite(m): 5:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
ayokatu:
@ sagamite knowledge is not far fetch... This is an act passed into law through the pension reform act of 2004 and it operating well in nigeria presently. I don't work with insurance company but I have the full knowledge relating to pension matters.

What has annuity got to do with pension?

Why are you trying to sell an annuity to a retired person?

2 Likes

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by brojero: 5:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
dustydee:
My personal opinion: I think IBTC pensions is the best of the lot. Stopped contributing about 7 years ago and my about 80k contributions (Worked in a private firm for 6 months) is now worth about 150k

Just wondering.. 80k at 2006 prices vs 150k at 2013 prices. Are you really better off, given the rate of inflation?

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Philipsdael(m): 5:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
Toyins:

1) Check with your HR your money may not be going to ARM or ur HR is not using your correct RSA PIN
2) Are you sure your employer is paying your Pension to ARM
Thanks so much for ur advice....
The fault maybe from the H.R
i'll zoom to the HR office nextweek.
#merci-bouque....!
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yetseyi(f): 6:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
I m concered abt d ARM wch my mum uses but I must say the ARM pple are customer friendly.
Mumsie gets an alert on her fone evry mnth once dedUctn is made in her salary, and they also write ur current acc balance. A statement is sent her every 3 months showing d amt, interest and everything.She's informed abt aw much she has.

2 Likes

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Sability(m): 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
Yomieluv: Presently my mum is having issues with her pension,she retired like 2 years ago,she's hasn't received any money,worse still,the pension official demanded for 100000 for bribe to process it,aside the countless recharge card she sends to them..

Little wonder people steal blindly when in service,or you are doomed when you are retired.

na so bros.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by powerblaze(m): 7:44pm On Oct 25, 2013
umar745: kai! Stop it. Except the lawyer would work for absolutely free she doesn't need him. I've done what she wants to do b4 and I didn't need or use a lawyer. Lawyers would just charge avoidable fees

Who said it'll be free? The lawyer is very understanding.. He helped us in despicable ways really..

Anyway, twas just a help plan to a concerned woman, not to you( with due respect)..
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Azwealth(m): 8:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
yetseyi: I m concered abt d ARM wch my mum uses but I must say the ARM pple are customer friendly.
Mumsie gets an alert on her fone evry mnth once dedUctn is made in her salary, and they also write ur current acc balance. A statement is sent her every 3 months showing d amt, interest and everything.She's informed abt aw much she has.

they are only nice because its not yet time to collect the money, when its time you will see the other side of them
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Moses247(m): 9:42pm On Oct 25, 2013
u dnt need to hire a Lawyer before the LOA could be Granted. In my own case d customary court told me to bring a letter 4rm d Family stating dat de re aware of d Motion. And also the family head or any Male member of d Family will also appear in d Court b4 de will granted d Letter for Me. Since My Uncle Who is the Next of Kin To My Late father is so wicked to d extend of Draging My Late father's document wit We D Children. Shows he has sometin in Mind. So We Bounce Him. Bleep NEXT OF KIN. D customary court Letter granted d LOA. Jst within 2weeks. Of summission I no spend much o. D follow week i summited it to d Bank. De jst open a new account for Me last month and Tranfer d remaining balance in to my account dis week on tuesday. Ahaha we re Smiling Bro. 529k no be beans. Also de have Close my late's father acct since d owner is no More. Now am abt to Process d death benefit wit Premium Pension Limited. Na so d tin Go....lol. Please dnt hire a lawyer o. Becos if u do? Hmmmm ready beta money 4hand o. Lol ;DYes u dnt need to hire a Lawyer before the LOA could be Granted. In my own case d customary court told me to bring a letter 4rm d Family stating dat de re aware of d Motion. And also the family head or any Male member of d Family will also appear in d Court b4 de will granted d Letter for Me. Since My Uncle Who is the Next of Kin To My Late father is so wicked to d extend of Draging My Late father's document wit We D Children. So We Bounce Him. Bleep NEXT OF KIN. D customary court Letter grant d LOA. Jst within 2weeks. I no spend much o. D follow week i summited it to d Bank. De jst open a new account for Me last month and Tranfer d remaining balance in to my account dis week on tuesday. Ahaha we re Smiling Bro. 529k no be beans. Also de have Close my late's father acct since d owner is no More. Now am abt to Process d death benefit wit Premium Pension Limited. Na so d tin Go....lol. Please dnt hire a lawyer o. Becos if u do? Hmmmm ready beta money 4hand o. Lol ;DYes u dnt need to hire a Lawyer before the LOA could be Granted. In my own case d customary court told me to bring a letter 4rm d Family stating dat de re aware of d Motion. And also the family head or any Male member of d Family will also appear in d Court b4 de will granted d Letter for Me. Since My Uncle Who is the Next of Kin To My Late father is so wicked to d extend of Draging My Late father's document wit We D Children. So We Bounce Him. Bleep NEXT OF KIN. D customary court Letter grant d LOA. Jst within 2weeks. I no spend much o. D follow week i summited it to d Bank. De jst open a new account for Me last month and Tranfer d remaining balance in to my account dis week on tuesday. Ahaha we re Smiling Bro. 529k no be beans. Also de have Close my late's father acct since d owner is no More. Now am abt to Process d death benefit wit Premium Pension Limited. Na so d tin Go....lol. Please dnt hire a lawyer o. Becos if u do? Hmmmm ready beta money 4hand o. Lol

2 Likes

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Meegan: 9:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
My final year project in school was based on this pension reform act and there is a clause dere that states the PFAs must pay benefits immediately after retirement and if there is a breach, the PFA is entitled to a fine everyday it defaults, I don't think this happens in 9ja.I have a family friend who retired 2years ago nd is yet 2 receive gratuity muchless pension.

Anoda clause says benefits accrued 2 employees 4rm d old scheme shud b converted 2 bonds nd dem redeemed wn d employees retire wch will den be added to the benefits accrued to d employee in d new scheme. I dnt think they do ds also.

Anoda clause says a retiree should not receive less than 50% of his last income as pension. My friend's mum who was receiving 100k b4 retirement is now receiving 20k.

In Nigeria, theory is always different from practicals

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 26, 2013
Gentlebabs: @AZWealth, I carefully went through ur post and found d contents therein misleading. In a layman's language, the pension scheme has been privatized and retirees can always go to Pencom to to seek advice or redress as the case may be. It is not often the best when your claims are reportive and you are not a direct victim of the said deception. The government adoppted the contributory pension scheme, which started in Chile so as to alleviate the sufferings of her citizens/retirees. All complaints/ enquiries should be directed to Pencom. You can google their website, therein lies all you need to know about the new pension scheme. I humbly reque you stop misleading people on heresies. For your information, Pencom serves to regulate, monitor and melt out punitive measures to any of thw 24 PFA or 4 PFC's who errs...
Pencom serves to regulate, monitor and melt out punitive measures to any of thw 24 PFA or 4 PFC's who errs... That's on paper, naija is f*cken bureaucratic. The re always coping other nations but forgot that the don't hv the same conscience with them. So stop talking crap & check out whats on ground b4 praising whats on paper
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Lordopez(m): 7:49am On Oct 26, 2013
The motive behind the Pension regime we have now is beautiful and ull know this if uve ever researched on how things were before the Pension Reform Act of 2004.
There is nothing beautiful in you not having access to your entitlements after 35years of service. Imagine you being given only 25% of your entitlement and told that the reamining 75% will spread monthly over the years till it is full paid. Imagine your pension was 8million naira, you will be paid only 2million naira, and youi will be told that that they will invest the remaining 6million naira for you, with a monthly payment of 25,000 naira till the 6million is exhausted. Wat logic is in this? They are only usin pensioners money to enrich themselves.

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by oneblacboi: 9:16am On Oct 26, 2013
This is not the fault of the Pension Fund Administrator. What you have there is what your employer contributed. Ask your employer for a breakdown of all payments made on your behalf.

Imo obot: Honestly, there is an urgent need to review the PENSION SCHEME policies in Nigeria especially TRUSTFUND. I work with one of the new generation Banks as a contract staff, i was shock when i got my account statement and realized that i have just N25,000 and some fractions after working for close to 4 years. Imagine! Very annoying.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by TheMan3: 9:44am On Oct 26, 2013
Moses247: ok thanks re u on whatsapp? Give ur number abeg?
Its better if I add u on facebook. Or better still on bb
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by umar745(m): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2013
powerblaze:

Who said it'll be free? The lawyer is very understanding.. He helped us in despicable ways really..

Anyway, twas just a help plan to a concerned woman, not to you( with due respect)..
okay, point taken. But answer this, why should she pay for something that she can do by herself for free? I also think you should check a dictionary for the meaning of despicable
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Daresh(f): 9:58am On Oct 26, 2013
From all the story I have read on this thread, I deduced the biggest hurdle to cross is the Letter of Administration. People, please, let us learn to write wills. If the deceased has a will, the letter of administration isn't needed. Also, we need to do our research well on the PFA we use. I believe that we need to ask question from different people, employees and other clients to a PFA and be sure they are capable of handling your money well and will be able to deliver it come retirement with minimal fuss.

Just my 2 cents

1 Like

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Moses247(m): 6:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
The.Man:

Its better if I add u on facebook. Or better still on bb
ok add me on facebook@ Geoffrey Moses Cartel
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by dustydee: 3:01pm On Nov 01, 2013
brojero:

Just wondering.. 80k at 2006 prices vs 150k at 2013 prices. Are you really better off, given the rate of inflation?
The value was affected by the financial crises.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by esemazy: 6:29am On Oct 22, 2014
For any problem you might be encoutering on your PFA after retirement, you can call 08057942776for a lasting solution.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by coputa(m): 1:33pm On Oct 22, 2014
Yomieluv:
Presently my mum is having issues with her pension,she retired like 2 years ago,she's hasn't received any money,worse still,the pension official demanded for 100000 for bribe to process it,aside the countless recharge card she sends to them..

Little wonder people steal blindly when in service,or you are doomed when you are retired.
wiy didnt your mom wait patiently instead of giving bribe to those currupt officials,she is also fanning the embers of corruption.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by frog12: 5:07am On Oct 26, 2014
Good

Bimboscoo:
Much as pension scheme sounds so good, it's the business of some people who have absolute control over your own hard earned money. For Christ sake, why not use your money to build a rental apartment in a low cost area and have full control of your pension by yourselve. Have you ever asked yourselves where the mechanics and bricklayers collect thier pension from? These people collect thier pension from the houses they built when they where in active service. They are the landlords while the office workers are the tenants. Think about it.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by yassjib: 3:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
then what's the need to operate with them..
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by pantherapardus(m): 11:57am On Feb 17, 2015
Today marks 6 years since my dad passed on to glory. He was a lecturer at a federal government institution. Till date, we still haven't got his gratuities. Someone should please help out by telling me the processes involved to get this money. Thanks!
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:17am On Feb 18, 2015
Azwealth:
HOW PENSION MANAGERS ARE CHEATING NIGERIANS

Nigerians need to wake from their slumber. This is necessary in respect to the issue of pension managers who collect forms on behalf of workers with the promise of a better retirement.

These pension funds are usually deducted from the workers salary but usually hard to collect when it is needed or at the retirement age. These pension managers request for many documents and lay down difficult processes before releasing the money to the owners.
Your post is misleading and void of facts. The Pension Reform Act 2014 as amended is about the best policy adopted by the government to cater for the retirement of all citizens, including the private sector. You lack the working of the PRO 2014
It is usually even worse when the worker is dead and his next of kin wants to collect the money. He has to go through tedious processes and peradventure he scales through, there is still one obstacle to stop him-"THE ADMINISTRATIVE DOCUMENT". This is usually issued by the court of law and may take a year to get or even more.

What's even worse? The so-called lawyers will demand for 25% of the money to be collected and some other court officials will request for bribe to process the document faster. Before you know it, you have spent more than you are expecting.

Take for example, a colleague of mine who has #245000 with one of these pension managers died recently. As expected, his next of kin decided to claim his entitlement but was faced with series of obstacles which stopped him.

The most painful aspect is that when this funds are deducted, there are usually no clauses but when it's time to get your money, these clauses are their to stop you. The government should please intervene in this matter because this is a means used by the rich to cheat the poor masses.

This is a wake-up call to all workers to ensure that their years of labour do not end in vain.

Your post clearly shows you are ill-inforned about the workings of Pension Reform Act 2014 as amended. It is not difficult to collect your pension as you wrongly insinuated. Please stop misleading people.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:21am On Feb 18, 2015
Omexonomy:
Presently, i know more than six people who are having such problem.
if your claims are genuine, visit (www.pencom.gov.ng), or have them call me as this is my core ministry. 08178827380 & 08035063895. Babs No charge.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:26am On Feb 18, 2015
jamace:
^^^My bros, in Nigeria things are always beautiful on paper but on ground it will be the opposite. Apart from complaints above, are you not aware of how persons in charge of the funds are looting it?

I have always kicked against PENCOM and the PFAs because, govt has sold its employees to heartless capitalists who have no welfare concerns for the pensioners. I would have love the govt adopt the payoff system for its employees instead of PENCOM.
The Pension Fund Administrator (PFA), administers. The Pension Fund Custodian (PFC), warehouses the funds. All funds are duly monitored and by PENCOM and audited accordingly. See Section 7 of the Pension Reform Act of 2014.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:28am On Feb 18, 2015
Rejoice5000:
Saving money 4 children children that thing tire me,how they are cutting my salary for this pension of a thing, one will be getting alert but to withdraw the money 4 where. till Rapture day.
The condition for wirhdrawal before age 50 according to Secrion 7(2) of PRA 2014, where an employee voluntarily retires, disengages or is disengaged from employment as provided for under Section 16(2) & (5), the employee may with the approval of the Commission, withdraw an amount not exceeding 25% of d amount credited to his RSA, PROVIDED that such withdrawals shall only be made AFTER 4 MONTHS, of such retirement or CESSATION of employment & the employee does not secure another employment).
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:36am On Feb 18, 2015
TheMan3:
I know what this guy is talking about. When my dad passed away, Letter of administration took me 1 yr and six months to process. And thats just one of the documents. Its not funny at all. After submitted all the docunents with the PFA. I waited for about eight months no response. Whenever I go to the pfa they will say "be patient, these things take time".I went to Abuja myself to PENCOM. only to find out they did not submit my ddocuments to PENCOM all these while and they were even still collrcting monthly contributions from them employer "federal govt". REQUIREMENTS TO PROCESS DEATH BENEFITS UNDER THE PRA 2014. Medical Certificate of Death/Cause of Death; Certificate of Registration of Death (if available); Police Report (if death is by accident); Letter of Administration or Will submitted to Probate; and Declaration of Wish/Evidence of Nomination of NOK ,Means of identification of NOK (Drivers license, National ID and International Passport). However, if the letter of Administration took time, is it the fault of the PFA or PENCOM? If your Dad died under the new scheme, you are entitled to 3 years of his monthly salary as the insurance benefits, asides the amount in the RSA and the ACCRUED RIGHTS which he qualify for; if he started working for government before you 2004.

The PFA is ARM pensions, former First Alliance.

Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:40am On Feb 18, 2015
[quote author=Gentlebabs post=30835273][/quote] REQUIREMENTS TO PROCESS DEATH BENEFITS UNDER THE PRA 2014. Medical Certificate of Death/Cause of Death; Certificate of Registration of Death (if available); Police Report (if death is by accident); Letter of Administration or Will submitted to Probate; and Declaration of Wish/Evidence of Nomination of NOK, Means of identification of NOK (Drivers license, National ID and International Passport). However, if the letter of Administration took time, is it the fault of the PFA or PENCOM? If your Dad died under the new scheme, you are entitled to 3 years of his monthly salary as the insurance benefits, including asides the amount in the RSA and the ACCRUED RIGHTS which he qualify for; if he started working for government before you 2004.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:42am On Feb 18, 2015
Yomieluv:
Presently my mum is having issues with her pension,she retired like 2 years ago,she's hasn't received any money,worse still,the pension official demanded for 100000 for bribe to process it,aside the countless recharge card she sends to them..

Don't pay no money to anybody. It is a offence under the law? Is your Mother a state retiree. Call me: 08035063895 & 08178827380
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:44am On Feb 18, 2015
Imoobot:
Honestly, there is an urgent need to review the PENSION SCHEME policies in Nigeria especially TRUSTFUND. I work with one of the new generation Banks as a contract staff, i was shock when i got my account statement and realized that i have just N25,000 and some fractions after working for close to 4 years. Imagine! Very annoying.
Download PENSION REFORM ACT 2014, and download the act. Read Section 7 and do the needful. There in lies the solution to the problem.
Re: How Pension Managers Are Cheating Nigerians by Gentlebabs(m): 5:55am On Feb 18, 2015
omiobo:
Walahi many things are wrong with this nation. In my unorganised coy where I work,the damagers are withdrawing a certain percentage from our salary for pension but they refused to pay it into our RSA. The last time I had alert last was last year. It is a private org. We have done all we could but no damn result. Infact I will like to stop this nonsense called PFA.
Visit any of the PENCOM Zonal centres. If you are in Lagos, visit: 88a, Oduduwa Crescent, Ikeja GRAHAM, Ikeja. Or call: 09 460 3930 Abuja, 0805 599 8776 Lagos. I travel around to conduct retirement and sensitization program, showing people how "Bea-ri-ful" the new scheme is. You can check me out on Facebook by adding: gentle_babs@yahoo.com or add Babatunde Raimi.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Reply)

MMM Releases 2017 Rules Ahead Jan. 14 / Ten Legal Ways To Become A Millionaire In Nigeria Before 2022 / This Is Bad News For Fixed Deposit Holder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.