Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,237 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:23 AM

Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? (1073 Views)

Insecure, Narcissistic People More Likely To Post On Facebook – Report / Why Are Some People More Intelligent Than Others ? / Why Port Harcourt Aint Hospitable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by AceLove: 8:36am On Oct 23, 2013
I have noticed that each time I visit my less priviledged extended family, they go the extra mile to cook food and do a lot of stuffs to take care of me. But it has never been the case with my other family on the rich side.
I have also noticed this in many wedding receptions. There is always shortage of food when the rich are entertaining their guests, especially their 'less special' guests and most times they seem hardly bothered. But the poor will show some serious distress if it ever happened. How come?
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by RINE1: 9:15am On Oct 23, 2013
The rich are proud and cares less for the poor or less privilege and to a very great extent thinks or feels that the poor can not get to their level while the poor believes on equality and to a very great extent, they wants to try as much as possible to please every body around them.
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by tpia1: 10:58am On Oct 23, 2013
You mean you go around looking for people to feed you.

And maybe spy as well?

I guess the ones not feeding you are the ones who know what you're doing.
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by AceLove: 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
tpia1: You mean you go around looking for people to feed you.

And maybe spy as well?

I guess the ones not feeding you are the ones who know what you're doing.

smh...people dey sha
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by tpia1: 3:37pm On Oct 23, 2013
well, your thread is self defeating.

you go to your poor relatives, they feed you but they have remained poor.

your rich relatives do not feed you and they remain rich.

shows you do not wish whoever is helping you, well.
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by AceLove: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2013
tpia1: well, your thread is self defeating.

you go to your poor relatives, they feed you but they have remained poor.

your rich relatives do not feed you and they remain rich.

shows you do not wish whoever is helping you, well.

my dear...this thread is not about who is feeding who, who has remained rich or poor, nor about who is not wishing anyone well. Its about the paradox of life I have come to observe...that people who have less tend to show more hospitality than people who have more.
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by tpia1: 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
there isnt supposed to be that kind of paradox dear.

all you're showing is rich people are rich because they are careful to preserve their wealth, and poor people are poor because they are careless in their association.

under the guise of setting out to abuse people who didnt feed you, you miscalculated and portrayed yourself rather negatively.

the way it works biblically is when you give, you receive more blessing, but the way you presented your own is when you give you reduce your blessing.

hope you get my point?

so, try to distinguish between people who dont give because they are stingy or just dont want to, and those who look beyond the outward presentation at something deeper.

doesnt mean the second group doesnt give, just that they're careful who they give to.
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by tpia1: 4:19pm On Oct 23, 2013
and while you're at it, do you have any plans to stop "ma a yale kiri" in search of food or is it information?

when will YOU start hosting your hosters and people in need?

i mean, obviously some needs are genuine, but the way you presented your story, you did not mention any time frame, so seems like something you do as a hobby.
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by AceLove: 5:10pm On Oct 23, 2013
first of all, you don't have any control on what issues should be a paradox and which should not.
Secondly, am not responsible for how you understand my message. Since I have explained what picture I had in mind when I posted this topic and you have choosen to stick to your views...its all good.
Thirdly, I firmly believe in the law...the more you give, the more will be given to you. And even though you seem to give it a purely material interpretation, I believe its far beyond that. Having said that, I sincerely hope you dont have issues with sharing what you have, expecting nothing in return, even something not so common as food...even when its ones hobby.

1 Like

Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by Mynd44: 5:12pm On Oct 23, 2013
LMAO
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by homesteady(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2013
grin tpia oh! grin
Re: Why Are 'poor People' More Hospitable Than 'rich People'? by x9ja1960: 5:39pm On Oct 23, 2013
tongue :Ptpia-d

(1) (Reply)

Jilted By Lover: 21-yr-old Student Commits Suicide In Calabar / Chogon Bed Bug Fumigation And Pest Control Services / Nairaland Front Page

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.