Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? (5045 Views)

Using Rubber Thread On Your Hair Is Demonic, May Lead You To Hell / Open Letter To Bishop David Oyedepo Claiming Canaan Land Is Demonic / Understanding Mathematics Is Demonic For Primary School Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2013
In my experience, people often eat in dreams, but the
actual eating most often takes place "off camera" -
that is to say, the dreamer is about to eat, and there is
a jump cut to having just eaten, but the dream memory
of actually putting food/drink into his/her mouth,
tasting/chewing, and swallowing is very rare.

When we do actually remember eating in a dream, it's
worth asking "Do I actually taste the food, or feel it in my mouth?" It's pretty rare if we do.

Since we eat so often in waking life, it is something of a puzzle why we seldom have or remember "the full eating experience" so in dreams.

My wonder then is, why do Christians (I mean Christians not any random folk because I know what the bible says) attribute eating in dreams as a demonic attack and most times they go seek for prayers and deliverance?

Any scripture(s) to back up that claim?

Is the devil that good enough to give someone food in a dream? Last time I checked, God was the one sending food through angels to folks.

I dream atimes that I'm in a banquet with a lot of trendy food...though I cant remember actually eating ( putting the food in my mouth and hence get a taste), but in the dream memory I ate. I've never attributed it to a demonic attack and I've never had one (will never have any). I'd encourage folks who dreamt they ate in their dreams to hold their peace, rather they should glorify God.

Next time they offer you food in your dream, as a believer in Christ, eat it! grin

When you wake up, thank God for it

If you ever dream of whatsoever thing...take the good part and ignore the bad part...for example if you dreamt you are driving a car and towards the end you began riding a bicycle, hold onto the picture of the car and forget the bicycle part. Don't go about looking for interpretations and hence subjecting urself to funny diabolic interpretations. Never put your self in bondage of attributing a lot you see in dreams as demonic.

Now, I'm in no way saying there aint demonic attack in dreams...that's why I used the key word CHRISTIANS with particular interest in eating food in dreams.

For those who have intercourse in their dreams...simply disregard it and look onto better pictures in the Word. Whatever you dream about that's not in sync with the Word...simply send it to the trash can. Don't put urself under bondage over nothing.

However, If you have any scripture to show eating in dreams is demonic, or if you care to explain how it is demonic, I'd love to read your view.

Cheers

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by frank317: 9:56am On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs: In my experience, people often eat in dreams, but the
actual eating most often takes place "off camera" -
that is to say, the dreamer is about to eat, and there is
a jump cut to having just eaten, but the dream memory
of actually putting food/drink into his/her mouth,
tasting/chewing, and swallowing is very rare.

When we do actually remember eating in a dream, it's
worth asking "Do I actually taste the food, or feel it in my mouth?" It's pretty rare if we do.

Since we eat so often in waking life, it is something of a puzzle why we seldom have or remember "the full eating experience" so in dreams.

My wonder then is, why do Christians (I mean Christians not any random folk because I know what the bible says) attribute eating in dreams as a demonic attack and most times they go seek for prayers and deliverance?

Any scripture(s) to back up that claim?

Is the devil that good enough to give someone food in a dream? Last time I checked, God was the one sending food through angels to folks in their dreams.

I dream atimes that I'm in a banquet with a lot of trendy food...though I cant remember actually eating ( putting the food in my mouth and hence get a taste), but in the dream memory I ate. I've never attributed it to a demonic attack and I've never had one (will never have any). I'd encourage folks who dreamt they ate in their dreams to hold their peace, rather they should glorify God.

Next time they offer you food in your dream, as a believer in Christ, eat it! grin

When you wake up, thank God for it

If you ever dream of whatsoever thing...take the good part and ignore the bad part...for example if you dreamt you are driving a car and towards the end you began riding a bicycle, hold onto the picture of the car and forget the bicycle part. Don't go about looking for interpretations and hence subjecting urself to funny diabolic interpretations. Never put your self in bondage of attributing a lot you see in dreams as demonic.

Now, I'm in no way saying there aint demonic attack in dreams...that's why I used the key word CHRISTIANS with particular interest in eating food in dreams.

For those who have intercourse in their dreams...simply disregard it and look onto better pictures in the Word. Whatever you dream about that's not in sync with the Word...simply send it to the trash can. Don't put urself under bondage over nothing.

However, If you have any scripture to show eating in dreams is demonic, or if you care to explain how it is demonic, I'd love to read your view.

Cheers

Really didn't read all that u wrote... But christians see everything as demonic: ladies wearing trouser, ladies wearing earing, perming their hair, dreaming, falling in love when u are nt married, watching movies, buy okirika cloth, making friend with unbeliever. Infact living in this world is demonic to christian
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 23, 2013
lol, why would God ever send food to you in dreams and not in real life?
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:00am On Oct 23, 2013
frank3.16:

Really didn't read all that u wrote... But christians see everything as demonic: ladies wearing trouser, ladies wearing earing, perming their hair, dreaming, falling in love when u are nt married, watching movies, buy okirika cloth, making friend with unbeliever. Infact living in this world is demonic to christian

Oh lawdy Lord!
grin
A funny assertion you have got!
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:01am On Oct 23, 2013
idnoble135: lol, why would God ever send food to you in dreams and not in real life?

lol, why would Satan ever send food to you in dreams and not in real life?
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Nobody: 10:10am On Oct 23, 2013
Nice one. Maybe because he is trickish? Trying unsuspecting means?
Well, I'm not actually defending, but I guess most people view it so..... Most people feel it is demonic because of the unpleasant aftermath of such dreams.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:20am On Oct 23, 2013
idnoble135: Nice one. Maybe because he is trickish? Trying unsuspecting means?
Well, I'm not actually defending, but I guess most people view it so..... Most people feel it is demonic because of the unpleasant aftermath of such dreams.

Like?

I've had dozens of such in a stretch of time..like within a space of 5yrs. I never gave it any diabolic interpretation and never had any 'aftermath'. Do you mind sharing any aftermath you know of?
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by raptureready: 10:27am On Oct 23, 2013
This belief is actually prevalent in Nigeria (or africa) where a lot of malevolent occultic practises exist. It is not strictly a "christian" belief.

Possibly, most times we dream of eating, it may just be our brain wishing we had steak for dinner grin

However, demonic attacks & spiritual poisoning do occur (if u no bliv me go try una village dibia grin) and this is what drives the caution, which at times extends into paranoia.

Dreams sometimes have physical meanings and interpretations. So I say next time if you see food in your dream, TELL D MAGA MAKE HIM CARI D FOOD CUM UR HAUS 4 MORNING! Afterall, dream food no de sweet or giv any nutrients 4 bodi. grin
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready: This belief is actually prevalent in Nigeria (or africa) where a lot of malevolent occultic practises exist. It is not strictly a "christian" belief.

I know...but why do christians import it into their lives?
Dats my concern

Possibly, most times we dream of eating, it may just be our brain wishing we had steak for dinner grin

Yeah, wishful thinking brings about a particular kind of dream...but why then attach it to demonism?

However, demonic attacks & spiritual poisoning do occur (if u no bliv me go try una village dibia grin) and this is what drives the caution, which at times extends into paranoia.

Are Christians supposed to be under such influence?

Dreams sometimes have physical meanings and interpretations. So I say next time if you see food in your dream, TELL D MAGA MAKE HIM CARI D FOOD CUM UR HAUS 4 MORNING! Afterall, dream food no de sweet or giv any nutrients 4 bodi. grin

Nah! I'd dine in the dream...I've done that quite atimes. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by ARareGem(f): 10:35am On Oct 23, 2013
It's mostly the aftermath. Also, I've heard testimonies of people confessing of how they were initiated after eating in dreams....

But it's true o, I don't actually recall chewing on the food or tasting it. I just wake up believing I ate.

In fact, there was a time I kept on dreaming such and I was tremendously shakened. Was busy binding and casting. grin One day as I woke up from the recurrent dream, I just hissed and went on with my normal activities. Didn't even pray. The dreams stopped.
grin

Lesson learnt: The devil just loves to feed on your fears. Don't let him.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs:

Like?

I've had dozens of such in a stretch of time..like within a space of 5yrs. I never gave it any diabolic interpretation and never had any 'aftermath'. Do you mind sharing any aftermath you know of?
Lol, I do not even dream talk more of eat in dreams.
Ascending another level, methinks it's not really the dream that causes the problems for we Africans. It is the mindset which is wrongly conditioned. I mean, some lousy dreams that some folks have will instantly make them develop negative feelings, equivalent to negative expectations. And of course, this scripture sums it all.
What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded
has happened to me. Job 3:25NIV
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 23, 2013
ARareGem: It's mostly the aftermath. Also, I've heard testimonies of people confessing of how they were initiated after eating in dreams....

But it's true o, I don't actually recall chewing on the food or tasting it. I just wake up believing I ate.

In fact, there was a time I kept on dreaming such and I was tremendously shakened. Was busy binding and casting. grin One day as I woke up from the recurrent dream, I just hissed and went on with my normal activities. Didn't even pray. The dreams stopped.
grin

This is a strong one.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Champele(m): 10:44am On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs:

Oh lawdy Lord!
grin
A funny assertion you have got!
No he is right.that is naija christians for you.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:47am On Oct 23, 2013
ARareGem: It's mostly the aftermath. Also, I've heard testimonies of people confessing of how they were initiated after eating in dreams....

grin

Very true

And we all know fear attracts that which we are afraid of...imagine what he does/will do with the fear you developed over nothing
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:49am On Oct 23, 2013
idnoble135:
Lol, I do not eve dream talk more of eat in dreams.
Ascending another level, methinks it's not really the dream that causes the problems for we Africans. It is the mindset which is wrongly conditioned. I mean, some lousy dreams that some folks have will instantly develop negative feelings, equivalent to negative expectations. And of course, this scripture sums it all.
What I feared has come upon me; what I dreaded
has happened to me. Job 3:25NIV

True!
Weirdly, they NEVER ascribe good meanings to such dreams.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2013
Champele: No he is right.that is naija christians for you.

Don't generalize...I'm a 9ja Christian grin
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by ARareGem(f): 10:51am On Oct 23, 2013
idnoble135:
This is a strong one.

Lol.

Gombs, but some dreams are spiritual, not just the workings of our mind or paranoi. Christians can be hurt through their dreams, or do you disagree?
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Candour(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2013
Christians don't need deliverance from demonic forces because Christ already won victory over them 2000 years ago. Rather Christians need deliverance from traditions and superstitious beliefs. This particular case of eating in dreams with calamities following has no basis in the bible but is well entrenched in African superstition. Atimes we make our Christianity look like a modern version of Vodun religion and our churches as glorified witchdoctor premises with all manner of incantations in the name of prayer.

To a fearful Christian who doesn't know the full ramifications of the cross @ calvary, everything he/she sees must have imprint of Satan, demons or devourer. In this way they grovel in silent fear and awe of the powers of darkness.

I was in that circle for over 10 years and I know what damage it did to my psyche. I've been detoxifying and purging myself of the poisonous fears I imbibed all those years ever since through intensive study of the word of God and I can tell you there's nothing like being free of all those debilitating fears.

Some folks insist they get messages through dreams, I won't argue with them but dreams come as a result of multitude of business(Eccl 5:3). Your daily activities go a long way to dictate what kind of dreams you have so let's not get too paranoid about what we dream about. If you don't like the dream, cancel it and get going. Don't allow it mess up your mind.

We are conquerors already through Christ. Let's walk in the reality of this victory.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 23, 2013
ARareGem:

Lol.

Gombs, but some dreams are spiritual, not just the workings of our mind or paranoi. Christians can be hurt through their dreams, or do you disagree?
Yea, it is possible.
But I believe it can only happen when one ignores the prompting of the Holy Ghost to pray.
The exact point I'm trying to make is, all dreams are not demonic, but some could actually be from God. So it depends on the divine leading one gets.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 11:04am On Oct 23, 2013
ARareGem:

Lol.

Yeah, Spiritual....but if such are not in line with the Bible, disregard it.

I disagree that Christian can be hurt through their dreams...you latter sentence undermines ALL Christ did

Numbers 23v23 KJV
23 Surely there is no enchantment against Jacob,
neither is there any divination against Israel:
according to this time it shall be said of Jacob and of Israel, What hath God wrought!
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 11:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Candour: Christians don't need deliverance from demonic forces because Christ already won victory over them 2000 years ago. Rather Christians need deliverance from traditions and superstitious beliefs. This particular case of eating in dreams with calamities following has no basis in the bible but is well entrenched in African superstition. Atimes we make our Christianity look like a modern version of Vodun religion and our churches as glorified witchdoctor premises with all manner of incantations in the name of prayer.

To a fearful Christian who doesn't know the full ramifications of the cross @ calvary, everything he/she sees must have imprint of Satan, demons or devourer. In this way they grovel in silent fear and awe of the powers of darkness.

I was in that circle for over 10 years and I know what damage it did to my psyche. I've been detoxifying and purging myself of the poisonous fears I imbibed all those years ever since through intensive study of the word of God and I can tell you there's nothing like being free of all those debilitating fears.

Some folks insist they get messages through dreams, I won't argue with them but dreams come as a result of multitude of business(Eccl 5:3). Your daily activities go a long way to dictate what kind of dreams you have so let's not get too paranoid about what we dream about. If you don't like the dream, cancel it and get going. Don't allow it mess up your mind.

We are conquerors already through Christ. Let's walk in the reality of this victory.

9000000000likes

*standing ovation

I wish folks (Christians) understand 2Corinth 5 v 17
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by raptureready: 11:07am On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs:

Dats my concern

I don't really know. But I think it is because we hear of these things all the time. And maybe we've had a similar bad experience before we were born again.

You know, like my cousin(not born again) once had a dream where a man shot him in 3 places with a gun(probably not kalashin or he 4 jus die strait grin). In the dream another man met him and calmed him down while he was crying and removed the first two bullets, but before he could get to the third one, the guy just go wake up!

For several days afterward the guy suffered some seriously excruciating pain IN THAT EXACT SPOT where the third dream bullet entered.

Methinks the coincidence jus too much. grin

Gombs: Yeah, wishful thinking brings about a particular kind of dream...but why then attach it to demonism?

I think it is just us trying to be cautious. On one hand, it may just be our dumb, hungry imagination. But since we know these things sometimes occur, we release Holy Ghost fire to roast some evil butt, just in case.

Gombs: Are Christians supposed to be under such influence?

You're quite right! So I guess if a person is truly born again, and soaked himself in the blood of Jesus before hitting the snooze button, he probably shouldn't be to bothered. Some people prefer to err on the side of caution though.

Gombs: Nah! I'd dine in the dream...I've done that quite atimes. grin

That's probably a good way to avoid obesity! grin
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 11:10am On Oct 23, 2013
idnoble135:
Yea, it is possible.
But I believe it can only happen when one ignores the prompting of the Holy Ghost to pray.
The exact point I'm trying to make is, all dreams are not demonic, but some could actually be from God. So it depends on the divine leading one gets.

Should a Christian be subjected to whatever he dreamt of, which is not in line with scriptures?
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 11:18am On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready:

I don't really know. But I think it is because we hear of these things all the time. And maybe we've had a similar bad experience before we were born again.

That's why the bible said be ye transformed BY THE RENEWAL OF YOUR MIND

You know, like my cousin(not born again) once had a dream where a man shot him in 3 places with a gun(probably not kalashin or he 4 jus die strait grin). In the dream another man met him and calmed him down while he was crying and removed the first two bullets, but before he could get to the third one, the guy just go wake up!

For several days afterward the guy suffered some seriously excruciating pain IN THAT EXACT SPOT where the third dream bullet entered.

Methinks the coincidence jus too much. grin

He not in Christ...I'm not surprised grin

I think it is just us trying to be cautious. On one hand, it may just be our dumb, hungry imagination. But since we know these things sometimes occur, we release Holy Ghost fire to roast some evil butt, just in case.

Hmmmm...God go help us

You're quite right! So I guess if a person is truly born again, and soaked himself in the blood of Jesus before hitting the snooze button, he probably shouldn't be to bothered. Some people prefer to err on the side of caution though.

Surely

That's probably a good way to avoid obesity! grin

You have a wonderful sense of humour grin grin
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Emusan(m): 11:32am On Oct 23, 2013
Simple answer simply because they couldn't eat what they ate in real life. Is that OK?

Not everyone will subscribe to what the spirit of God is saying through you.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2013
Emusan: Simple answer simply because they couldn't eat what they ate in real life. Is that OK?

Not everyone will subscribe the spirit of God is saying.

No ...it's not ok

Explain plz
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs:

Should a Christian be subjected to whatever he dreamt of, which is not in line with scriptures?
No, he/she should not.
I think you do not understand my post. I'd give you an example of what i meant by that post.
During my secondary school days, I was close to the school management, particularly the proprietor. This was so due to a number of factors.
However, one morning before I awoke from sleep for my devotion, I had a dream. The dream was blurry but I knew it was not a good one. As soon as I woke up, I felt a stirring in my spirit to pray in tongues. I prayed for sometime in tongues when divine knowledge of an incident that was to happen flowed in.
I knew it was of God. As soon as I got to school, I (with one brother who went with me) notified the proprietor that something unpleasant was about to happen. I was heavily talked down. I felt bad.
But you see, barely a week after that, what I told the proprietor about began to happen. He was shocked, that was the first time in his life that he would witness such. I think it's safe to be quiet about what really happened.
But my point is this, not all dreams are demonic, some are simply because people ate late or as a result of seriously thinking about an event. But sometimes it could be of God. And that's why I said there that, some dreams could come with a divine leading for christians to pray.
Do you now get my post?
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by ajayikayod: 12:54pm On Oct 23, 2013
rapture_ready: This belief is actually prevalent in Nigeria (or africa) where a lot of malevolent occultic practises exist. It is not strictly a "christian" belief.

Bro, who told u dt dream food no de sweet.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by ajayikayod: 12:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs:

Dats my concern

Yeah, wishful thinking brings about a particular kind of dream...but why then attach it to demonism?

Are Christians supposed to be under such influence?

Nah! I'd dine in the dream...I've done that quite atimes. grin

Infact i dey ask for meat if d food no get meat. Possibly coke too.
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by ajayikayod: 12:56pm On Oct 23, 2013

grin

u got it right. Great
Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Gombs(m): 1:23pm On Oct 23, 2013
idnoble135:
No, he/she should not.
I think you do not understand my post. I'd give you an example of what i meant by that post.
During my secondary school days, I was close to the school management, particularly the proprietor. This was so due to a number of factors.
However, one morning before I awoke from sleep for my devotion, I had a dream. The dream was blurry but I knew it was not a good one. As soon as I woke up, I felt a stirring in my spirit to pray in tongues. I prayed for sometime in tongues when divine knowledge of an incident that was to happen flowed in.
I knew it was of God. As soon as I got to school, I (with one brother who went with me) notified the proprietor that something unpleasant was about to happen. I was heavily talked down. I felt bad.
But you see, barely a week after that, what I told the proprietor about began to happen. He was shocked, that was the first time in his life that he would witness such. I think it's safe to be quiet about what really happened.
But my point is this, not all dreams are demonic, some are simply because people ate late or as a result of seriously thinking about an event. But sometimes it could be of God. And that's why I said there that, some dreams could come with a divine leading for christians to pray.

Do you now get my post?

Yeah sure...very true. God still direct via dreams

The HolySpirit guides us through such

1 Like

Re: Why Do Christians Think Eating In Their Dreams Is Demonic? by Joagbaje(m): 4:50pm On Oct 23, 2013
Gombs: Is the devil that good enough to give someone food in a dream? Last time I checked, God was the one sending food through angels to folks.

Gombs there are some demonic eating in the dream. And there are demonic eating physically .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is MouthAction In MARRAIGE A SIN? / Ase (talk And Gree To Collect Something From Someone) / The House Negro!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.