Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,814 members, 7,956,076 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:30 AM

Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) (5855 Views)

Silverbird Cinemas Ikeja(shoprite) Vs Silverbird. Galleria(lekki) / Movie Times At Silverbird Lagos, Abuja And Ph / Silverbird Cinemas, Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by rugina(f): 10:02pm On Jul 07, 2008
Silverbird Cinema Is Showing Pirated Movies?

I went to silverbird to watch a movie?
Guess what? It was a pirated copy.
na wa,why i no go alaba international and get my own copy grin
I saw people's head in the movie also watching the movie. undecided
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by iice(f): 1:47pm On Jul 08, 2008
laughing my frozen butt off grin grin grin
Ohhh Lawd! I hate those terrible copies. What copy was it?
Cam copy? Clear copy? Or the worse of them those ones that have have of the scene outside the screen and the picture is slightly tilted? grin grin
rofl
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by DisGuy: 9:28am On Jul 09, 2008
I can't/don't believe it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! shocked shocked

are you sure its not the people in front of you or
perhaps someone in the technical room where they put the
projector-that's what they use in some cinemas right?
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 9:35am On Jul 09, 2008
hmmmm

Details are not explicit enuf.

Are u sure you went to the ORIGINAL CINMEA sef cos the one I know is SILVERBIRD not silvabird undecided
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Raimond(m): 9:47am On Jul 09, 2008
I`m not convinced, Silverbird?, no way!! sad
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by gongoaso1: 10:06am On Jul 09, 2008
funny if true. lets just say the 'general' niaja factor has caught up with silverbird sad sad sad
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by tundebabzy: 10:08am On Jul 09, 2008
Ha. I dont think so o. Besides i think they  have a special Cd or woteva that they use not the regular Cds that we buy. But Silverbird, , Nah, i dont believe it.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by CARUSO(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2008
rugina:

Silverbird Cinema Is Showing Pirated Movies?

I went to silverbird to watch a movie?
Guess what? It was a pirated copy.
na wa,why i no go alaba international and get my own copy grin
I saw people's head in the movie also watching the movie. undecided

grin
file a claim and get your money back or else they would/can be sued by the international movie board for promoting piracy!
anyway, na naija now, so anything goes!
silverbird knows it would be acceptable because most people dont know thier rights and rights hardly even exist in naija!!
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Emperoh(m): 10:21am On Jul 09, 2008
U should have asked for a refund now!!! grin grin
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by bebure(m): 10:27am On Jul 09, 2008
I wouldn't have thought silverbird would take that sort of stupid risk. If their actions are discovered by international regulatory bodies against piracy then they'll be in trouble. They are gonna sue their asses to the point whereby they can't even afford star (abi na trust) tissue paper anymore. It would be soo stupid of them to try that sort of thing.
Then again I wasn't there with you in the cinema so I can't say it did not happen.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 10:35am On Jul 09, 2008
From the way rugina posted, it just seems a joke sad
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by 702: 11:01am On Jul 09, 2008
on a serious note, dey wud av 2 b sued!!!

I guess they most of their new movies are DVDripped!!!!

Haba!!! How a whole silverbird dey rip dvd movies!!
Even though itz ripped try 2 get a clear clean divX version!!!

that's d work of p2p!!! File Sharin dudes!!!
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Maxidoe(m): 11:04am On Jul 09, 2008
Silverbird, nah i dont think so, dont tell me the Nigerian factor has caught up with them,if it is true then that is highly shameful and disgusting, i hope not anyway
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by otokx(m): 11:22am On Jul 09, 2008
The "Nigerian Factor" is a virus that has no known antiviral cure in Nigeria.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by lakeside4love(m): 11:38am On Jul 09, 2008
i disagree completely wit this post, I ve been a frequent visitor to d cinema for 3yrs now n i ve never for one day saw any pirated movie,
Maybe u were half asleep or somethin n u saw one the movie watchers at d cinema pass by,

Silverbird r world class, Take my word for it,
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by lakeside4love(m): 11:46am On Jul 09, 2008
n wats the title of this movie u went to watch?

come here n tell us now now,
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by BluMalam(m): 12:32pm On Jul 09, 2008
I totally disagree with the "this is naija / naija factor" notion. Silverbird should stick to the standards they set in the

beginning if not, Nu Metro callin. wink If this claim is true, Oga Ben Bruce should be sent back to NTA as punishment. grin
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by kingdong(m): 12:42pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ poster

Yes please give the name of the movie, the day and the time and i guarantee it will get looked into with feedback to all. Without these i will take it you are just another jobless prankster with needless beef who ends up damaging our already dented image all the more. Yes we know this is naija where anything can happen but i tell you not in this case cos it will be the most foolhardy thing for a private concern to indulge in when they have no idea of who the movie goers are. The consequence of such a gambit weighs heavily against whatever minuscle and temp gain they stand to achieve.

Anyways date, name and time, if found to be true, money back guarantee.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by la1(m): 12:43pm On Jul 09, 2008
the movie in question was hancock,the new will smith movie on the day it premiered last week.some scenes were quite obviously deleted or "CUT" plus  the video quality was dodgy, at 2k a ticket i was a bit dissapointed,
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Blingirl(f): 12:44pm On Jul 09, 2008
Hi people, Wats the ticket fare for a bluckbuster (newly released) movie?

+ r there such facilities (cinemas) in other cities now? Jos, Calabar n Portharcourt etc in question.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by live4Him: 1:38pm On Jul 09, 2008
no be today oo. silverbird play a coupla pirated movies since way back.
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 1:50pm On Jul 09, 2008
live4Him:

no be today oo. silverbird play a coupla pirated movies since way back.

I was wondering what this thread is still doing here but live4him, share your experience so we can have more 'supporters' of this truth
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by oYaTo(m): 3:54pm On Jul 09, 2008
@poster   no be so. .i had d same experience too sometime ago but realised it was someone's projected image from behind me. . .
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by esteffi: 4:03pm On Jul 09, 2008
i dont think thats posible oooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
pirated muvees in silverbird?
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by xheggs(m): 4:31pm On Jul 09, 2008
how now.,.,.,.,.?
u kno when people(esp. tall people) work through d extreme back of d seats they sometyms cross d projector so there shadows do reflect on the screen.
maybe dats what u saw,

@poster: what movie was it.,.?
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Gamine(f): 4:34pm On Jul 09, 2008
Pirated?

its a lie jo!

how much are they paying u to run down this place
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by live4Him: 5:14pm On Jul 09, 2008
Mustay:

I was wondering what this thread is still doing here but live4him, share your experience so we can have more 'supporters' of this truth

well ma experience was like 2yrs ago when i was an everyday silverbird freakazoid. i can't really recollect the movies but i remember xmen 3, the prestige.

i thot they would have scaled up their game by now!
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by Mustay(m): 5:50pm On Jul 09, 2008
live4Him:

well ma experience was like 2yrs ago when i was an everyday silverbird freakazoid. i can't really recollect the movies but i remember xmen 3, the prestige.

i thot they would have scaled up their game by no!

like the poster too, u've not been explicit now undecided

it's not just enough to say I do dis and dat
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by TmeD0(m): 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2008
Lol!  Sounds like a cam copy to me if what the poster's saying is true.  Haba! If Silverbird operators dey torrent, dem for at least wait make beta copy comot.  I no go surprise if na wetin dem show the poster be this sef  grin .  If you get time for ya hand, by all means knock yaself out.  Peace!
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by live4Him: 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2008
Mustay:

like the poster too, u've not been explicit now undecided

it's not just enough to say I do this and that

, how explicit?
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by rasputinn(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2008
xheggs:

how now.,.,.,.,.?
u kno when people(esp. tall people) work through d extreme back of d seats they sometyms cross d projector so there shadows do reflect on the screen.
maybe that is what u saw,

@poster: what movie was it.,.?

Abi ooooo,which levels sef?see as dem wan take stylplus run down dat cool joint
Re: Pirated Movie At Silverbird Cinemas? (Actually, No) by nakoks(m): 7:09pm On Jul 09, 2008
I don't usually comment but this one struck me.I believe people should at least try a little bit of investigation before posting on Nairaland.Let me share a bit with everyone .Silverbird does not use dvds but projectors which uses film rolls.Now i can tell u that the cost of one roll of a movie runs into millions of naira.So how in spacefire can someone say he watched pirated movie in Silverbird

Me i say lie lie

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Vendor - By Odunlade Adekola (new Comedy Movie) October 2017 / Nigeria's Clinic Matters In Hollywood / Who Know The Website That I Can Download 3gp Videos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.