Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,749 members, 7,809,866 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? (9738 Views)

Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company (IVM) Launches An Auto Finance Scheme / Nigerian Army Visits Innoson Manufacturing Plant At Nnewi Anambra (Pics) / The Best Of IVM Motors (Innoson Motors) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 23, 2013
I need to know how to purchase this SUV. The website has the specs and a few pictures on it, but no scheduled release date or any other details.

http://innosonivm.com/en/ProductView.Asp?ID=72

This vehicle will be the game changer in terms of perception of the indigenous vehicle manufacture industry not just in Nigeria but across Africa which is why I am so excited by it and already, there are serious enquiries being made by Americans about it but the website only provides a contact telephone number and no details about the pricing or release date.
Who is in the know here?

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by DankemzI(m): 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2013
Nice Ride
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2013
No one?
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Numerouuuno: 6:08pm On Oct 23, 2013
Is this also made in Nigeria
If yes,we are going places o
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 23, 2013
Numero uuuno: Is this also made in Nigeria
If yes,we are going places o
You'd best believe it. Made in Nnewi. Anyone?

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Cyberknight: 9:21am On Oct 24, 2013
This is one of the most thought-provoking questions asked in a long while. The only car manufacturer in Nigeria hasn't got showrooms, advertisements, promos, demos, billboards, concept cars, sponsored F1 teams or Enyimba football clubs, or anything at all to announce its presence and availability, and yet Nigerians are supposed to embrace it and start rushing its products.

9 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 10:27am On Oct 24, 2013
Cyberknight: This is one of the most thought-provoking questions asked in a long while. The only car manufacturer in Nigeria hasn't got showrooms, advertisements, promos, demos, billboards, concept cars, sponsored F1 teams or Enyimba football clubs, or anything at all to announce its presence and availability, and yet Nigerians are supposed to embrace it and start rushing its products.

That is very poor in truth. There should be an advertising budget for an operation of this size. Anyway mods can u pleads move this to the front page so that more people can see and hopefully answer the query?
Thanks.
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 24, 2013
daz_york: That is very poor in truth. There should be an advertising budget for an operation of this size. Anyway mods can u pleads move this to the front page so that more people can see and hopefully answer the query?
Thanks.

Poor in truth? Man, face facts! Nigerians are generally rich in emotion, and poor in fact.

What Cyberknight posted is very true. You say his comments are poor in truth? Which part exactly? If he was wrong, and you were right, this thread wouldn't exist. Because you'd have all the information on spec, pricing, where to buy from etc. Right now, you're struggling to get even the most basic of details, because Innoson doesn't advertise, simple!

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 24, 2013
Siena:

Poor in truth? Man, face facts! Nigerians are generally rich in emotion, and poor in fact.

What Cyberknight posted is very true. You say his comments are poor in truth? Which part exactly? If he was wrong, and you were right, this thread wouldn't exist. Because you'd have all the information on spec, pricing, where to buy from etc. Right now, you're struggling to get even the most basic of details, because Innoson doesn't advertise, simple!

I was agreeing with him! Haba! I meant "That" (lack of advertisement) was "in truth" very poor. Didn't you read my whole post? Jeez!
And you're the one lecturing me about being too emotional. Learn to read carefully.
Jesus wept
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 24, 2013
daz_york: I was agreeing with him! Haba! I meant "That" (lack of advertisement) was "in truth" very poor. Didn't you read my whole post? Jeez!
And you're the one lecturing me about being too emotional. Learn to read carefully.
Jesus wept

You quoted Cyberknight's post, and said "That is very poor in truth." So anyone reading your response to Cyberknight would come to the same conclusion as I did.

You need to learn to be clear, and concise when posting, especially when quoting a previous poster. Your choice of words will invariably lead to crossed lines.

I wonder what Jesus has to do with this?
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Cyberknight: 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
Daz_York, I must say that Siena is absolutely right, anyone reading that statement would come to the selfsame conclusion - that you were suggesting that my statement was untrue. However since you say that was not what you meant, that's OK.

Now, before the haters jump in and sidetrack this thread, let me say that I have no intention of denigrating whatever giant step in automotive engineering that INNOSON may have taken in Nigeria. I'm simply pointing out that their marketing skills are way, way below their purported engineering prowess. Abysmal is the adjective that springs to mind. I fail to see how a reasonably serious manufacturer would confine its activities to a small town in one part of the country and have no presence of any visible kind in the nation's biggest city where a large proportion of its disposable income is concentrated. I live in Lagos, and get around a good deal (I'm not one of those who claim to spend all their time on Lekki and "the Island' without ever crossing to the mainland, for example), and I have NEVER once seen any sort of advertising or promotional material for INNOSON or its vehicles. Nor have I seen any on the local TV stations I watch. Or heard anything on the radio stations I listen to while driving. Or seen any ads in papers - I read The Punch quite frequently. Or even seen any INNOSON products on the road.

I admit it was just a couple of months ago that I found out that INNOSON even manufactures cars and buses. Through a thread on here. Up till then INNOSON was associated in my mind with the ubiquitous motorcycles with the yellow plastic plate that one sees a lot in the East. If the government intends to ram INNOSON and its products down our throats, INNOSON should at least do its own bit and let the public know what its got for sale. Even if - like the Model T - we can have any colour we want, so long as its black.

3 Likes

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
Cyberknight: Daz_York, I must say that Siena is absolutely right, anyone reading that statement would come to the selfsame conclusion - that you were suggesting that my statement was untrue. However since you say that was not what you meant, that's OK.

Now, before the haters jump in and sidetrack this thread, let me say that I have no intention of denigrating whatever giant step in automotive engineering that INNOSON may have taken in Nigeria. I'm simply pointing out that their marketing skills are way, way below their purported engineering prowess. Abysmal is the adjective that springs to mind. I fail to see how a reasonably serious manufacturer would confine its activities to a small town in one part of the country and have no presence of any visible kind in the nation's biggest city where a large proportion of its disposable income is concentrated. I live in Lagos, and get around a good deal (I'm not one of those who claim to spend all their time on Lekki and "the Island' without ever crossing to the mainland, for example), and I have NEVER once seen any sort of advertising or promotional material for INNOSON or its vehicles. Nor have I seen any on the local TV stations I watch. Or heard anything on the radio stations I listen to while driving. Or seen any ads in papers - I read The Punch quite frequently. Or even seen any INNOSON products on the road.

I admit it was just a couple of months ago that I found out that INNOSON even manufactures cars and buses. Through a thread on here. Up till then INNOSON was associated in my mind with the ubiquitous motorcycles with the yellow plastic plate that one sees a lot in the East. If the government intends to ram INNOSON and its products down our throats, INNOSON should at least do its own bit and let the public know what its got for sale. Even if - like the Model T - we can have any colour we want, so long as its black.
Agreed. Poor show by them as per publicity.
Mods pls this is a very important question.
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by diehard(m): 6:47am On Oct 25, 2013
@Cyberknight, your assertions about INNOSON, is not entirely correct. Most big dearlership in Nigeria are not willing to take a bet with their vehicle, because most Nigerians still prefers Japanese car brands. At present it's only patronize by govts mostly.

@daz York, the G5 SUV is already out. I saw that vehicle zoom past me last Sunday when I visited Anambra state. And I was saying the same thing to myself, 'why can't I find this in Portharcourt?
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by elektra80: 12:01pm On Oct 25, 2013
@op, why don't u call the numbers on their website if u are really interested in the suv. that's what customer service is for right? At least u will get all the into u need.
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by princemedico: 8:48am On Oct 26, 2013
Your best bet will be to call the number. One great mistake the organisation is making is depending on govt for patronage, what I expected of them and what I advised the time I called their number was to make vehicles for the average Nigerian like hatch backs and mid size saloon car, following it up with good marketing which they completely lack even with the number of products they have.
They also have an office along Apapa-Oshodi expressway before sanya bus stop.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Originalsly: 9:41am On Oct 27, 2013
As a company I think they know that they need to advertise. I think they are not because they may be still struggling to fill FG orders so why advertise if they wouldn't be able to deliver? In the specs...top speed 160Kph?....that's not good.
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Cyberknight: 12:08pm On Oct 27, 2013
Originalsly: As a company I think they know that they need to advertise. I think they are not because they may be still struggling to fill FG orders so why advertise if they wouldn't be able to deliver? In the specs...top speed 160Kph?....that's not good.

Surely the aim of the company would not be to sell to just the government alone? In theory, I would welcome the opportunity to purchase a decently constructed and reliable locally made vehicle whenever they get their act together. With the right mix of government incentives, a captive market and increasingly better engineering, the South Korean manufacturers have come a long way since they started in the 70s and their products are now of very good quality and have broken into the coveted U.S. market. The question being: can one of the worst governed nations in the world with one of the worst operating environments in the world reproduce this feat?
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 27, 2013
Cyberknight: Daz_York, I must say that Siena is absolutely right, anyone reading that statement would come to the selfsame conclusion - that you were suggesting that my statement was untrue. However since you say that was not what you meant, that's OK.

I agree with u in most ramifications but what do u mean by a small town in one part of the country?

Innoson has an outlet for all his products in Lagos and other places, what he lacks is advertisements as u said?

Me too, I don't understand y he made so much noise those days abt his plastic products like seats but can't advertise sth like cars.
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Cruisez: 10:24am On Oct 30, 2013
INNOSON VEHICLE MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
- NO.2 INNOSON INDUSTRIAL ESTATE, AKWU-URU
- URU,UMUDIM, NNEWI, ANAMBRA STATE.
MOBILE PHONES +234 (0) 8105472222, (0)7089440040,(0)7033326171
LAGOS +234 (0)8035740097
ABUJA +234 (0)8166126255
E-mail innosonnnewi@gmail.com innosonivm@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by iterator25: 7:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Gee2728(m): 8:51am On Nov 23, 2013
I saw a 2014 S-class around station roundabout in kaduna days ago. Yes I mean it its here already, and in my heart I bliv it might belong to some1 that is championing the use of locally made cars. This our govt pple not serious at all if all the money they spend on this expensive "whip" were paid here it will make a lot of difference. Inno does not need common Nigerian's 2 buy it cars cos the federal govt alone can cover for that.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by mrdeba(m): 7:34pm On Aug 07, 2015
Admirable..... I wish buhari make IVM Official government Vehicle

1 Like

Re: Who Knows How To Get The Innoson IVM G5? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Aug 07, 2015
I need to know how to purchase this SUV. The website has the specs and a few pictures on it, but no scheduled release date or any other details.

http://innosonivm.com/en/ProductView.Asp?ID=72

The website only provides a contact telephone number and no details about the pricing or release date.
Who is in the know here?

Since there's a telephone number, shouldn't this be your first point of contact?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of Slip And Vdc Icons Or Lights And What Does It Do In A Car / New Or Tokunboh Car Parts: Which Do You Prefer? / What Should I Do When My Car Brakes Fail?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.