Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,685 members, 7,809,589 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. (2274 Views)

Brand New Ignis Gas Cooker model ACF 003 for Sale @ #26,000. / Dangers In Ponmo Consumption? / Pls How Do I Use My Gas Cooker Oven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. by Zakkyoz: 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2013
Hello Nairalander, I just bought gas cooker as i'm terribly tired of washing the back of my pots. However, the reactions of my neighbour were scaring as if i just brought an explosive. They said gas cooker is dangerous, this and that. Please, educate me on the precautions because i was used to kerosene stove hitherto. Thanks.
Re: Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. by shortgun(m): 8:31pm On Oct 23, 2013
I've been making use of gas all my life, I'm still alive.
There is no danger in using gas cookers unless u are the careless type, always turnoff the gas from the cylinder, make sure there are no leakages, broken or twisted hose.
Never ignite ur cooker if u perceive the smell of gas in ur kitchen.

And lastly, never leave your food unattended while cooking especially oil or u burn down ur house.
Also note that gas cooks faster than kerosene, since u r upgrading from kerosene to gas u need to pay attention to timing or you'll end up burning that delicious egusi soup.

#Peace

1 Like

Re: Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Oct 23, 2013
Any time you refill your gas cylinder, on getting home make sure you allow the gas cylinder to stand for 2 hours in order to allow the gas to settle down. Thereafter you can connect the cylinder to the cooker. It is always safe to do this
Re: Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. by Zakkyoz: 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2013
shortgun: I've been making use of gas all my life, I'm still alive.
There is no danger in using gas cookers unless u are the careless type, always turnoff the gas from the cylinder, make sure there are no leakages, broken or twisted hose.
Never ignite ur cooker if u perceive the smell of gas in ur kitchen.

And lastly, never leave your food unattended while cooking especially oil or u burn down ur house.
Also note that gas cooks faster than kerosene, since u r upgrading from kerosene to gas u need to pay attention to timing or you'll end up burning that delicious egusi soup.

#Peace
Thanks for that. God bless you!
Re: Dangers In Using Gas Cooker. by Zakkyoz: 8:57pm On Oct 23, 2013
azora: Any time you refill your gas cylinder, on getting home make sure you allow the gas cylinder to stand for 2 hours in order to allow the gas to settle down. Thereafter you can connect the cylinder to the cooker. It is always safe to do this
Thanks alot.

(1) (Reply)

See The egusi soup I cooked with water leaf and scented leaf / Why Do People See Garri As A Poor Man's Food? / Brand New Kuvings Whole Slow Juicer Chef

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.