Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike (16666 Views)

Ignore ASUU’s Demands, NASU, NAAT, SSANU Tell FG / FG Can't Meet With ASUU Demands - Okonjo-Iweala / Breaking News! ASUU Suspends Strike. (2) (3) (4)

ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by chapatti: 8:18am On Oct 24, 2013
The Senate on Wednesday said that the striking Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) wants N1.5 trillion to end its ongoing strike.

The Chairman of the Senate Committee on Education, Senator Uche Chukwumerije, released the figure in his contribution on a motion urging the striking lecturers to call off their strike.

The motion sponsored by the Senate Leader, Senator Victor Ndoma-Egba, and 106 others is entitled: “Appeal to Academic Staff Union of Universities to call off the strike action and return to work.”

Chukwumerije, who read the controversial 2009 agreement between the Federal Government and ASUU, said that part of the component of the agreement on funding stipulated that “all regular federal universities shall require the sum of N1.5 trillion for the period 2009 to 2011.

He said that ASUU is insisting that the agreement must be implemented to the latter.

He said the agreement also said that “This money is to be paid in three installments, 2009 – almost N500 billion; 2010 – almost N500 billion and 2011 – almost N506 billion.

Apart from the N1.5 trillion the agreement also stipulated that “each state university shall require N3.6 million” while “a minimum of 26 per cent of the annual budget should be allocated to education.”

According to him, the agreement also said that “education should be put on First Line Charge” while the Education Tax Act should be amended to its original concept as High Education Fund.”

READ MORE>>>ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike

Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by Aromas: 8:30am On Oct 24, 2013
[b][/b]Please you guy's should not mind my comment, what confuses me about this ASUU strike is that is STATE UNIVERSITIES more necessary to partake in this strike? To my best of knowledge I believe state unis should be funded by state why FG owns should also be funded by FG. Wish I could see someone to clear me out!!!
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by olyalby(m): 8:37am On Oct 24, 2013
This is total rubbish. ASUU nd fg are just taking this too far, Toying with one's life. Na street hustling sure pass jare... #teanhustling#
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by Itsflame: 9:07am On Oct 24, 2013
I pray this strike does not extent to next year because it's gonna be a disaster for nigerian students smh.
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by Sirkris(m): 9:21am On Oct 24, 2013
unrealistic demands, please someone should tell this guys that they are only resting at home and should return back to class instead of absconding from duty when they aren't on leave. lazy dudes
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by Josh1992: 9:26am On Oct 24, 2013
this is very unrealistic.pls when is jamb registrations starting...porting things
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by abfan(m): 9:41am On Oct 24, 2013
like i always say, this country is in deep shiiit!.... Everyday with a different story
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by gboso1ne(m): 12:25am On Oct 25, 2013
Politicians are trying to blackmail ASUU buh dt does not change when d strike will end tho just like my thug friend 4rm rivers state 'Bros wike' said :the strike will end in some months.mind u some months can mean 24 months
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by nairacodedcom(m): 8:01am On Oct 25, 2013
ASUU wahala

Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by samtin(m): 9:52am On Oct 25, 2013
Mr. Senator? Are you telling us ASUU needs N1.5tril or you are giving hope to disburse the money to ASUU?
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by airclipse(m): 9:58am On Oct 25, 2013
Ah ah dem don reduce am frm 3tril тσ 1.5tril...okay o undecided
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by nairacodedcom(m): 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2013
The future of Education is at stake
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by anthoniosp(m): 7:50am On Nov 07, 2013
shut up jareee...lie lie
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by akenuka(m): 9:01am On Nov 07, 2013
all i wnt to know is what mr. president told ASUU that ASUU are now holding meetings at chapter levels so i can know what for my engagement.
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 07, 2013
*brings 0ut my guns and searches f0r the 0p*lawd have marci

Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by ugonna1054(m): 11:55am On Nov 07, 2013
This post is not fresh..look at d date--oct 24 and d recent 13 hour meeting was on tue/wed Nov 5/6..
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by SirTunechi(f): 12:29pm On Nov 07, 2013
Liar o. The anambra chapter of ASUU has accepted the offer. Some are meeting today, and others tomorrow
Re: ASUU Strike Latest News: ASUU Demands N1.5tr To End Strike by Arlex(m): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2013

School Fees Of All University And Polytechnic In Nigeria / Lawyer Sues FG, ASUU Over Strike / Aaua Latest Info