Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,467 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Sure Steps To Build A Website From Scratch - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Sure Steps To Build A Website From Scratch (489 Views)

10 New Sure Steps To Get Google Adsense Approval In No Time / Checklist For Starting A Successful Blog From Scratch / How Can You Secure A Website from Being Hacked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sure Steps To Build A Website From Scratch by Webbyguy(m): 10:39am On Oct 24, 2013
Having a good website is one of those factors that can enhance content marketing; it will help build your credibility online, so let’s look at some things to consider when building a website from scratch.

For you to build a website, you need to have your own domain name, although you can still build a website without having your domain name but it is not a good option as it limits you in different ways, so it is better you buy a domain name. It’s all about a matter of choice, if you buy a domain name, your website looks more professional, but if you don’t the next option is to use a sub-domain of another website which looks less professional, so avoid it. Before picking a domain name to use, you need to consider your niche and pick a name that is related to it. This will help your ranking in your niche; it will also pass a message across to people telling them what your site is all about even before they browse through. A domain name speaks a lot about your website so choose carefully.

When it comes to hosting a website, you can host a website free or you pay for your hosting. I won’t advice you go for free hosting because you will be limited in what you can do to develop the site properly, you are also not in full control of your site and most times you could be limited in terms of space. The best option is going for paid hosting as you will be in full control of your site, but the truth actually is that hosting a site is not expensive you can always get cheap hosting offers from web hosting companies that are good and reliable, so don’t get trapped with the thinking of getting everything free online, you can host your website at a very affordable rate.

When you have a domain name and you've hosted it, the next step is to plan your website. A lot of people ignore this step when building a website but they either end up starting all over again with a good plan or they abandon their site to build a new one entirely. I've also been in this mess before; my first website wasn't planned and so it didn't peak. Guess what? I decided to abandon it because I saw through my mistakes and it will take me more time to fix it than the time it will take me in creating a new one. Don’t make that mistake; always plan your site before adding the pages to it. For you to plan your site you need to categorize pages, the home page should have the first tier pages under it and the first tier pages should have sub-pages under it too. The key thing is having a plan, even though you might need modify it as time goes on, you should still plan your website.

A lot of people usually have this concept that a website should be colorful and beautiful, but in the real sense it doesn’t work like that. What will really work is for you designing a website that looks professional, simple and readable to your customer. There is nothing as beautiful as surfing a site that is fast, easy to read and also easy to navigate. Your choice of font also matters, you should pick a font that is readable and not fonts with lots of design that people can’t read through fast. People like a website that they can scan through as fast as possible, don’t be deceived that people like sophisticated websites that don’t carry information, what they want is really want is a professional website with information.

After you've built your website, you've done the hosting, design and everything that needs to be done the next step is to fill your site with quality content. What people are looking for online is information, you deliver quality content on your site and people will love your site. Delivering quality content is very key, it something you shouldn't compromise, using PLR won’t replace quality content, the solution is for you to learn how to deliver good content.

Building your own website is important if you want to do content marketing, it will establish your presence online and boost your credibility as a marketer.

Source: http://aboutmarketingmix.com/content-marketing/steps-build-good-website/

(1) (Reply)

Pls Someone Should Help Me With A PHP Script / Is Syskay.com Going Down? / Need A Website? Here Is A Bonus For Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.