Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,335 members, 7,815,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: (7343 Views)

See The Snake That Was Killed This Night In My Lodge / SCIENCE GURUS LODGE / Lodge Your Complaints/Comments Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Jodekss(m): 9:27am On Oct 26, 2013
Miracy: you’re wrong sir and she’s right;catharsis is the feeling you get after watching a tragic play ...
ya, miracy is very rice.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 9:30am On Oct 26, 2013
Miracy: you’re wrong sir and she’s right;catharsis is the feeling you get after watching a tragic play....
am very correct mar u don't expect someone to feel the cleasen of the mind when the play is over,purgation or catharsis is experience when the drama is still being staged this questions had been asked in jamb severally for prove check ur exam focus for the definition of catharsis.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 9:46am On Oct 26, 2013
Asakel: Ok
A song ov praise expecially to a deity iz called .....

A poem designd to praise a person iz .....

A story designed to thrill readers by providing misery and blood-curdling iz .....

Anoda name for pun iz .....

Whats an acrostic?
1)ode
2)eulogy
3)gothic
4)paronomasia
5)acrostic-a series of lines in which certain letters usually the first in each line form a name or message when read in sequence.e.g
***M-onths after months
***I-walked through the
unknown path with
***R-easons i know not,but
***A-acknowledging Him
***C-hrist as my bedrock so as
***Y-ou.....
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 9:57am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: am very correct mar u don't expect someone to feel the cleasen of the mind when the play is over,purgation or catharsis is experience when the drama is still being staged this questions had been asked in jamb severally for prove check ur exam focus for the definition of catharsis.
sir,i dnt wana argue on this but i still stand on my point.According to what i was taught and what i read purgation of emotion occurs only after the play.you purge your feelings and emotion after the tension,suspense an anxiety in the play which occurs after watching...just like the question given earlier is an example of catharsis:`i cried AFTER watching the film’....
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Jodekss(m): 10:04am On Oct 26, 2013
Miracy is rice... That's d world wide meaning of catharsis...

Check it out...
https://www.nairaland.com/1493097/unbelievable-facts/1#19104267
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Fairfax(f): 10:09am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: am very correct mar u don't expect someone to feel the cleasen of the mind when the play is over,purgation or catharsis is experience when the drama is still being staged this questions had been asked in jamb severally for prove check ur exam focus for the definition of catharsis.
catharsis is the feeling u get after watching a tragic or comic play.understandably,it also occurs while d play is still on as a result of doubt or suspense which gives room for purge or release of emotions bt listen-my question ws "i cried after watching the movie"ans-catharsis.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 10:17am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: Define these terms in drama

1.Dramatist
2.Opera
3.Dramatis personae
4.Deux machina
5.Harmatia
Dramatist-a person who writes a play

Opera-a play/story expressed through music

Dramatis personae-list of characters(main)

Deux machina-use of supernatural power in a play....originated from Greek...

Harmatia-the tragic flaw that led to the downfall of the hero in a tragedy
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2013
Jodekss: Miracy is rice... That's d world wide meaning of catharsis...

Check it out...
https://www.nairaland.com/1493097/unbelievable-facts/1#19104267
you’re very rice too sir cheesy cheesy
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Oluwatola5(f): 10:19am On Oct 26, 2013
Tolexander: continue to do 'aro' for me o.

Lolz....for my oga ko jor,mi o to be, i cant do such.smileysmileysmiley
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Oluwatola5(f): 10:22am On Oct 26, 2013
Miracy:
wow...nice detailed explanation;more power to your elbow.Ma’am i disagree with your definition of cacophony because i was taught something different from that...

Lolz...ok ma'am
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Fairfax(f): 10:25am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: Define these terms in drama

1.Dramatist
2.Opera
3.Dramatis personae
4.Deux machina
5.Harmatia
(1)dramatist-a person who writes a play(2)opera-maybe like a melo-drama where almost all d words in d play are sung-nt so sure cha(3)hv forgotten(4)Deus machina/Deus ex machina-d mechanical appearance of a god to save the protagonist/hero of a play(5)nil
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Fairfax(f): 10:36am On Oct 26, 2013
Pick out d figures of speech- (1)grey hairs (2)their great strength is also their weakness(3)fair is foul,foul is fair-dis statement has more than one fig of speech
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Oluwatola5(f): 10:41am On Oct 26, 2013
There is this general confusion on this topic. some books state that it takes plc when the play is still being staged. others state that it takes plc after watching a tragic play. so you are right to an extent as well as Miracy
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 10:46am On Oct 26, 2013
Fairfax: catharsis is the
feeling u get after watching a tragic or comic play.understandably,it also occurs while d play is still on as a result of doubt or suspense which gives room for purge or release of emotions bt listen-my question ws "i cried after watching the movie"ans-catharsis.
my book which is regarded as the best book for literature which is exam focus says during the play so i go with book.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Fairfax(f): 10:51am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: my book which is regarded as the best book for literature which is exam focus says during the play so i go with book.
am nt saying ur book is wrong,what am saying is dat catharsis takes place during or after a play.bt since u r going with ur book,what's the answer to my question then-i cried after watching d movie.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 10:52am On Oct 26, 2013
Fairfax: Pick out d figures of speech- (1)grey hairs (2)their great strength is also their weakness(3)fair is foul,foul is fair-dis statement has more than one fig of speech
1.synecdoche
2.Antithesis
3.Alliteration,paradox
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2013
Fairfax: am nt saying ur book is wrong,what am saying is dat catharsis takes place during or after a play.bt since u r going with ur book,what's the answer to my question then-i cried after watching d movie.
the answer is empathy[pathos]
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Oluwatola5(f): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2013
Fairfax: Pick out d figures of speech- (1)grey hairs (2)their great strength is also their weakness(3)fair is foul,foul is fair-dis statement has more than one fig of speech
1.Synedoche
2.nil
3.alliteration
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Fairfax(f): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: 1.synecdoche
2.Antithesis
3.Alliteration,paradox
one is correct.two is paradox,three is correct.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 10:57am On Oct 26, 2013
Miracy:
Dramatist-a person who writes a play

Opera-a play/story expressed through music

Dramatis personae-list of characters(main)

Deux machina-use of supernatural power in a play....originated from Greek...

Harmatia-the tragic flaw that led to the downfall of the hero in a tragedy

u failed dramatist and dramatis personae
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2013
Fairfax: (1)dramatist-a person who writes a play(2)opera-maybe like a melo-drama where almost all d words in d play are sung-nt so sure cha(3)hv forgotten(4)Deus machina/Deus ex machina-d mechanical appearance of a god to save the protagonist/hero of a play(5)nil
u got deux machina and opera
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Fairfax(f): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: the answer is empathy[pathos]
nah,i totally disagree.read the pages,hv xplained pathos-pathos is nt necessarily a play,it cud be speech or writing that arouse feelings of sorrow,sympathy.pathos is mainly pity.catharsis cud be tragic or comic.~read in btw d lines~"i cried after watching the movie"nb-i cud cry for a comic or tragic movie depending on d denouement of d play.
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by omobajohn58(m): 11:27am On Oct 26, 2013
Which system of govt do we practise in nigeria....dnt tell me it's DEMOCRACY
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 11:29am On Oct 26, 2013
omobajohn58: Which system of govt do we practise in nigeria....dnt tell me it's DEMOCRACY
we practise presidential system of govt in nigeria
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by omobajohn58(m): 11:35am On Oct 26, 2013
Though u are correct
promisechild: we practise presidential system of govt in nigeria
but i think we are practising KLEPTOCRACY....but hiding under d banner of DEMOCRACY
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 11:42am On Oct 26, 2013
Fairfax: nah,i totally disagree.read the pages,hv xplained pathos-pathos is nt necessarily a play,it cud be speech or writing that arouse feelings of sorrow,sympathy.pathos is mainly pity.catharsis cud be tragic or comic.~read in btw d lines~"i cried after watching the movie"nb-i cud cry for a comic or tragic movie depending on d denouement of d play.
am not arguing again with you becos no one knows the actual meaning of catharsis this issue has been a problem since the 13th century among greek philosophers.

You are rice no sowie right i am right to
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 11:45am On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: u failed dramatist and dramatis personae
Really??...so what’s the correct answer??
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 11:49am On Oct 26, 2013
omobajohn58: Though u are correctbut i think we are practising KLEPTOCRACY....but hiding under d banner of DEMOCRACY
sir what’s kleptocracy??...i cant recollect... sad
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 11:51am On Oct 26, 2013
Miracy: sir what’s kleptocracy??...i cant recollect... sad
government controlled by thieves
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by promisechild(m): 11:59am On Oct 26, 2013
1.A dramatist is different from a playwright
A playwright is a person that writes a play while a dramatist is a person that writes and directs plays

2.Dramatis personae is the display of all participants in a drama before it commence

3.Opera is a drama usually acted through songs

4.Deux machina which means small god in greek is a device introduced by the playwright to save the hero from an unexpected condition

5 harmatia also known as tragic flaw is the costly mistake or flaw that leads to the downfall of a herö
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by omobajohn58(m): 12:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Am i wrong?
promisechild: government controlled by thieves
Re: ::::ART GURUS LODGE:::: by Miracy(f): 1:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
promisechild: 1.A dramatist is different from a playwright
A playwright is a person that writes a play while a dramatist is a person that writes and directs plays

2.Dramatis personae is the display of all participants in a drama before it commence

3.Opera is a drama usually acted through songs

4.Deux machina which means small god in greek is a device introduced by the playwright to save the hero from an unexpected condition

5 harmatia also known as tragic flaw is the costly mistake or flaw that leads to the downfall of a herö
mmmmmm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

9 Aye And 14 Eye Died As Their Normal Confrate Begins / Which Should I Study? Petroleum Engineering Or Electrical Engineering / Lol..seriously This Got Me Thinking(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.