Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,284 members, 7,954,127 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:46 PM

Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) (1476 Views)

THE Sin Of Fornication And Adultery In Islam Part 1 / Are Women in the West Happy? Pt 1 / The West Civilization V. The Islamic Civilization (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 2:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
When the issue of women's rights and issues comes up, we know the usual comments on the West from some muslims;

-Western women are "sexualized"
-Western women dress naked on the streets
-Western women are objectified with beauty pageants.
-Western culture exploits women

eninn:
Western talk of women’s liberalization is nothing but a disguised form of exploitation of her body, degradation of her soul and deprivation of her honour. Western society claims to have ‘uplifted’ women. On the contrary it has actually degraded them to the status of concubines, mistresses and society butterflies who are mere tools in the hands of pleasure seekers and sex marketeers, hidden behind the colourful screen of ‘art’ and ‘culture’.
https://www.nairaland.com/941166/womens-rights#17686162

maclatunji:

Western culture is almost always exploitative of women. For one, Michelle Obama has no privacy even when she never campaigned for or was elected into public office. Let's be honest, she has no powers of the President, yet she is burdened with many parts of his work as President. Even her bedroom is not a sanctuary and is quite accessible to a number of outsiders all in the name of presidential staff and aides.

Or should we look at Hilary Clinton who had to swallow public humiliation when Monica Lewinsky saga came-up. She had to publicly come out to support a lying and cheating husband even when she probably would have preferred a divorce or at the very least some privacy.
https://www.nairaland.com/941166/womens-rights#17690658

==========================================================================

The point of this thread is to explain how and why these criticisms of the West are shallow and one-dimensional. They do muslims no good to engage in them.

1) "Western women dress unclad and skimpy"
Not all western women dress skimpy. The simple culture in the west is that women are free to dress however they like except when it causes a problem to the society (eg walking n.aked on the streets). The issue that some muslims do not understand is that freedom comes at a cost; the freedom to do something will also include the freedom to do that something foolishly. So, some women will dress decently in the West, while some will decide to dress half naked. You can't force a woman to dress sensibly. The good thing about the west is that with edication, most women dress sensibly (especially to the office). Take Michelle Obama or Hillary Clinton or any female bureaucrat; they all dress well in female suits or dresses. Yes, the entertainment sector is different. Many celebrities (but not all) in hollywood, especially musicians dress half n.aked. The reason is simple- se.x sells. The second reason why these celebrities dress half na.ked is rebellion- music and art is a way for the young generation to say "no" to strict morality.
The overall point is that women have a choice in the west. They can wear whatever they want and the good thing is that the decent ones will dress decent and the indecent ones will dress indecent. Even if an indecent woman wears a Burkha it won't change anything- she will still be indecent. Furthermore, even western non-muslim women criticize indecent dressing; http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/oct/08/miley-cyrus-what-women-her-age-think

Miley Cyrus VS Michelle Obama- se.xy vs formal; a woman's choice

2) "Western women are objectified and oversexualized"
The simple fact is that the capitalist understands that se.x sells. We can see the se.xual content in movies, music videos, art and adverts in the west. However, the most important facts here are
a) A woman in the west can not be sexualized or objectified if she doesnt want to
b) Many women in the west do not choose to be sexualized and have sometimes criticised the entertainment industry for it.

It all boils down to choice and demand. Two important concepts to capitalism. A capitalist will sell anything as long as there is demand for it in the market and it doesnt cause harm. Se.x sells and it sells products well. The problem is that many muslims live in denial of this fact (that se.x is natural and appealing) while being oblivious to the fact that many rich Arab men do buy products advertised with se.x in the west and they also hire female american celebrities.

The simple point here is choice- some women like it, some dont. Again, if you dont believe me, show me a sexualized picture of Michelle Obama.

3) "The west fails in liberating women and islam gives women their rights"
This is the most important one. I will list some points
a) The top five countries for women to live are all Western
http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/03/the-countries-where-women-have-the-best-lives-in-charts/273848/
b) Western women do not have to be afraid of sharing their husbands in a polygamy
c) Western women are free to marry who they want from any religion
d) Western women are heavily supported by the law in the case of battery and assault.

In summary, the West is not perfect but muslims shouldnt go around criticising the west unfairly. They have a different system that works despite some flaws. Many western women enjoy their western culture, just as many muslim women enjoy their Islamic principles.

NB; I didnt bash muslims to make my point.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by golpen(m): 4:16pm On Oct 24, 2013
I dey come abeg...
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 7:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
^^^
hope all is well
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by golpen(m): 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2013
Alhamdulillah, aaaaal izzzz vweeel!!!

Ehn ehn, to your post. I must confess you have a very good try there, but I think you are yet to get somethings right. Let's do it this way, but let fore-tender my apologies in case I scratch you and keeping it in mind that you didn't bash the muslims grin

1. The rule of contamination:

Islam is a way of life that gives detailed procedures, rulings that encompasses every aspect of a man's life. This way can be one dimensional or of variety, but the simple logic is that +ve multiplied by -ve equals -ve. That is why an hadith indicates that all lawfuls are clear and the unlawfuls are also clear, but a thing line of demarcation lies in between I.e there are some cases of confusion as to if a particular is lawful or not; islam bluntly suggests we move away even from that.

According to your article, It remains the western idea for women to dress almost unclad, though some women don't, while some even condemn the act, but the idea still remains a negative and according to the rule of contamination, is taking over the sensible dressing.

2. Rate of damage;

One thing I like about your post is that you gave a clear cut of the two dimensions. Michelle on the right flank and Miley on the other. Both are top personalities who must have served as models to thousands of young ladies in their respective ways. Definitely, miley cyrus must have gained more fans. Why? Because, entertainment settles in the mind faster than the office, you'll agree with me. 90% of young ladies will choose cyrus' mode of dressing over michelle's and that is why you have ladies in bikinis on the streets of some popular cities without being condemned, despite the awareness of the trouble you highlighted. That is the height.

A twin height is the rate at which indecency is promoted even on the almighty internet. Young lads who are supposed to engage in judicial activities parade the web for the sexualized women of the west. That is the height.

3. Interest;

The decent dressing in the offices is not for the sake of modesty, but for the sake of profit and company interest. please don't think I'm exergerating, I have my proof.

You cannot wear your dinner suit to your bank unless you want to get queried. Office ethics encourage modesty because of these reasons; to avoid distraction of co-workers, which may affect work output, to appear serious or presentable to a customer or a set of citizens who may probably not buy immodesty (at least, modesty is a safer side), to encourage confidence and so on.

That is why the banks in naija don't care if a lady marketer exchanges beds in as much as she meets her targets. Here, immodesty is used to achieve the aim. If not for that interest, michelle might be strolling in lingeries. That is why s.ex is sold when it pays and so modesty.

Problems; due to this unfair part of the western idea, the fair parts have been destroyed, parents have been given an extra task to watch what the kids watch/wear/read etc, the society is faced with corruption and provocation and the decent individual is seen as an alien.

Freedom; freedom as portrayed in the west is not sincere. It is used as a means of blending situations the western way. You cannot tackle the problem your unfair part poses while you allow it to roam about in the name of freedom or even use that problem when it pays your bills.

I hope you find this meaningful sire.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 5:43am On Oct 25, 2013
golpen: Alhamdulillah, aaaaal izzzz vweeel!!!

Ehn ehn, to your post. I must confess you have a very good try there, but I think you are yet to get somethings right. Let's do it this way, but let fore-tender my apologies in case I scratch you and keeping it in mind that you didn't bash the muslims grin

1. The rule of contamination:

Islam is a way of life that gives detailed procedures, rulings that encompasses every aspect of a man's life. This way can be one dimensional or of variety, but the simple logic is that +ve multiplied by -ve equals -ve. That is why an hadith indicates that all lawfuls are clear and the unlawfuls are also clear, but a thing line of demarcation lies in between I.e there are some cases of confusion as to if a particular is lawful or not; islam bluntly suggests we move away even from that.

According to your article, It remains the western idea for women to dress almost unclad, though some women don't, while some even condemn the act, but the idea still remains a negative and according to the rule of contamination, is taking over the sensible dressing.

2. Rate of damage;

One thing I like about your post is that you gave a clear cut of the two dimensions. Michelle on the right flank and Miley on the other. Both are top personalities who must have served as models to thousands of young ladies in their respective ways. Definitely, miley cyrus must have gained more fans. Why? Because, entertainment settles in the mind faster than the office, you'll agree with me. 90% of young ladies will choose cyrus' mode of dressing over michelle's and that is why you have ladies in bikinis on the streets of some popular cities without being condemned, despite the awareness of the trouble you highlighted. That is the height.

A twin height is the rate at which indecency is promoted even on the almighty internet. Young lads who are supposed to engage in judicial activities parade the web for the sexualized women of the west. That is the height.

3. Interest;

The decent dressing in the offices is not for the sake of modesty, but for the sake of profit and company interest. please don't think I'm exergerating, I have my proof.

You cannot wear your dinner suit to your bank unless you want to get queried. Office ethics encourage modesty because of these reasons; to avoid distraction of co-workers, which may affect work output, to appear serious or presentable to a customer or a set of citizens who may probably not buy immodesty (at least, modesty is a safer side), to encourage confidence and so on.

That is why the banks in naija don't care if a lady marketer exchanges beds in as much as she meets her targets. Here, immodesty is used to achieve the aim. If not for that interest, michelle might be strolling in lingeries. That is why s.ex is sold when it pays and so modesty.

Problems; due to this unfair part of the western idea, the fair parts have been destroyed, parents have been given an extra task to watch what the kids watch/wear/read etc, the society is faced with corruption and provocation and the decent individual is seen as an alien.

Freedom; freedom as portrayed in the west is not sincere. It is used as a means of blending situations the western way. You cannot tackle the problem your unfair part poses while you allow it to roam about in the name of freedom or even use that problem when it pays your bills.

I hope you find this meaningful sire.

Good work sir,

We both understand that there is no perfect system. The Western culture has some flaws. No question there.

However, I dont see how the Islamic sharia is better or even corrects these flaws. Like I said, an indecent girl will dress half naked in the west but in a muslim society, she might wear a burkha- will the burkha change her innate indecent desires? The burkha or strict moral dressing wont stop a woman from being nasty. Putting lipstick on a pig will not change the animal from being pig.

The west gives women a choice. Some use the choice wisely and some dont. It is as simple as that.

Thanks for your contribution. It is good that we can agree on certain things. A honest muslim wink
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by golpen(m): 7:03am On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Good work sir,

We both understand that there is no perfect system. The Western culture has some flaws. No question there.

However, I dont see how the Islamic sharia is better or even corrects these flaws. Like I said, an indecent girl will dress half naked in the west but in a muslim society, she might wear a burkha- will the burkha change her innate indecent desires? The burkha or strict moral dressing wont stop a woman from being nasty. Putting lipstick on a pig will not change the animal from being pig.

The west gives women a choice. Some use the choice wisely and some dont. It is as simple as that.

Thanks for your contribution. It is good that we can agree on certain things. A honest muslim wink

Thanks a whole lot, but honest muslims are countless like the sand at the beach. Islam is a perfect system because it is organised by the creator and perfector (SWT), only muslims may be guilty of their shortcomings.

The islamic sharia is better in those three areas I highlighted. Let's go through how;

1. Contamination; the female dress code according to islamic sharia is one dimensional, though we may have varieties of style under that modest and basic dimension, once it doesn't go out of boundry, so you needn't worry about an indecent style contaminating or taking over the decent.

2. Damage; it is true that the moral dressing is not responsible for the regulation of innate indecent desires, but to a massive extent, it is contained within her circles. A lady in a burkha like you have said is viewed as responsible(even if not), than that in bikini (even if she is). A morally dressed woman is not so prone to sexual arrasement like the other. Side that, the level at which the unclad affects the majority is very high. Imagine the number of unreasonable erections men seeing her must have had (even young lads), while we may record nil of such in the case of a modestly dressed.

3. Interest; the islamic sharia allows for the same dressing in all aspects and offices, so they won't need to suffer any complications. At least we can get a bit relaxed.

The choice given to women by the western world is not that of sincerity. You will never be fulfilled as a good father if your one of your child is a michelle and the other poses nud.e for the ebo.ny websites, if you have given such freedom to your kids. But the western world plays the 2 sided coin game to satisfy their situations and interests.

Thank you once again sire.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 8:21am On Oct 25, 2013
golpen:

Thanks a whole lot, but honest muslims are countless like the sand at the beach. Islam is a perfect system because it is organised by the creator and perfector (SWT), only muslims may be guilty of their shortcomings.

The islamic sharia is better in those three areas I highlighted. Let's go through how;

1. Contamination; the female dress code according to islamic sharia is one dimensional, though we may have varieties of style under that modest and basic dimension, once it doesn't go out of boundry, so you needn't worry about an indecent style contaminating or taking over the decent.

2. Damage; it is true that the moral dressing is not responsible for the regulation of innate indecent desires, but to a massive extent, it is contained within her circles. A lady in a burkha like you have said is viewed as responsible(even if not), than that in bikini (even if she is). A morally dressed woman is not so prone to sexual arrasement like the other. Side that, the level at which the unclad affects the majority is very high. Imagine the number of unreasonable erections men seeing her must have had (even young lads), while we may record nil of such in the case of a modestly dressed.

3. Interest; the islamic sharia allows for the same dressing in all aspects and offices, so they won't need to suffer any complications. At least we can get a bit relaxed.

The choice given to women by the western world is not that of sincerity. You will never be fulfilled as a good father if your one of your child is a michelle and the other poses nud.e for the ebo.ny websites, if you have given such freedom to your kids. But the western world plays the 2 sided coin game to satisfy their situations and interests.

Thank you once again sire.

Sorry, as a skeptic I disagree that there is a perfect system. We human beings are not perfect and can never be perfect, hence, we can never appreciate a perfect system if it exists. It would be beyond our thinking faculties.

So, I will highlight some problems with your points on Islam and the mode of dressing-

1) The islamic code of dressing is one dimensional as you say. Now, how is that a good thing? Is it really a good thing if every woman wears a burkha? Starting to sound like communist north Korea where every one is dressed the same. Furthermore, is it a coincidence that the fashionable Arab women who dress fashionably when they are with fellow sisters (away from men) buy American, French and Italian fashion? his is partly the result of pushing a one dimensional dressing code....it limits creativity and you start buying creative fashion from those who have the freedom to be creative. At the end of the day, when these decent burkha muslimahs want to buy se.xy clothing for playtime with their husbands....they will still buy American clothes.

2)We are saying the same thing. Forcing an indecent lady to wear decent clothing wont change her mind. The appearance might be good but the inner core is still rotten. Take for example- some female pastors who dress professionally, only to be caught in extra marital affairs......

3) Office dressing spills on to normal life. You will find that many accountants still dress a bit formal even on sunday evenings- shirt and trousers or button shirt on jeans.......

One more thing- the fact remains that western countries have the best indices for women.

Yes, there are many honest muslims. Millions of them. The problem is that it is not so obvious when dealing with certain Nairaland muslims.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by golpen(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Sorry, as a skeptic I disagree that there is a perfect system. We human beings are not perfect and can never be perfect, hence, we can never appreciate a perfect system if it exists. It would be beyond our thinking faculties.

So, I will highlight some problems with your points on Islam and the mode of dressing-

1) The islamic code of dressing is one dimensional as you say. Now, how is that a good thing? Is it really a good thing if every woman wears a burkha? Starting to sound like communist north Korea where every one is dressed the same. Furthermore, is it a coincidence that the fashionable Arab women who dress fashionably when they are with fellow sisters (away from men) buy American, French and Italian fashion? his is partly the result of pushing a one dimensional dressing code....it limits creativity and you start buying creative fashion from those who have the freedom to be creative. At the end of the day, when these decent burkha muslimahs want to buy se.xy clothing for playtime with their husbands....they will still buy American clothes.

2)We are saying the same thing. Forcing an indecent lady to wear decent clothing wont change her mind. The appearance might be good but the inner core is still rotten. Take for example- some female pastors who dress professionally, only to be caught in extra marital affairs......

3) Office dressing spills on to normal life. You will find that many accountants still dress a bit formal even on sunday evenings- shirt and trousers or button shirt on jeans.......

One more thing- the fact remains that western countries have the best indices for women.

Yes, there are many honest muslims. Millions of them. The problem is that it is not so obvious when dealing with certain Nairaland muslims.

Straight to your points;

1. Yes it is a good thing that everybody goes the good way. The korea communists are enjoying their style and yes, it can be as creative and varying, all ladies dressing modestly, as we have different styles all of which is called trousers.

The french and italian designers who try to blend their fashions with a pinch of arab flavour are serving an interest, and the fashionable wearing it in a confined state is cool if it doesn't go beyond boundaries. This is to say that wearing a se.xy outfit in privacy with one's spouse is cool and imagineable, but parading it on the streets, internet et al, the western way, is ridiculous.

2. The state of one's heart is a different case from this we are talking about. The rotten heart is solely personal, but the unclad dressing rots several other minds.

3. Your interest in a particular aspect may change you, that is true. And good for the office lady if she dresses modest, not too okay for otherwise.

Western countries have the best indices for women?, your own opinion my dear brother.

Several NL muslims are loveable, you may only need to subtle things with your acquintances grin
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 10:34am On Oct 25, 2013
golpen:

Straight to your points;

1. Yes it is a good thing that everybody goes the good way. The korea communists are enjoying their style and yes, it can be as creative and varying, all ladies dressing modestly, as we have different styles all of which is called trousers.

The french and italian designers who try to blend their fashions with a pinch of arab flavour are serving an interest, and the fashionable wearing it in a confined state is cool if it doesn't go beyond boundaries. This is to say that wearing a se.xy outfit in privacy with one's spouse is cool and imagineable, but parading it on the streets, internet et al, the western way, is ridiculous.

2. The state of one's heart is a different case from this we are talking about. The rotten heart is solely personal, but the unclad dressing rots several other minds.

3. Your interest in a particular aspect may change you, that is true. And good for the office lady if she dresses modest, not too okay for otherwise.

Western countries have the best indices for women?, your own opinion my dear brother.

Several NL muslims are loveable, you may only need to subtle things with your acquintances grin

The West has fallen my hand cry cry cry cry
https://www.nairaland.com/1492144/smh-maybe-muslims-right-west
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 10:40am On Oct 25, 2013
golpen:

Straight to your points;

We agree on most points but here is where I disagree

If a woman wears a bikini, must the men around her look?If you see a bossom, cant you turn away? Were you forced to look at the skimpy lady? The skimpy lady is not the one dragging the muslim man to hell, it is his lust for her.......

As for NL muslims, there are some cool guys here- Sweetnecta, Tbaba and Justaqad. For the girls- Fellis. Deols would be a nice woman but she behaves nasty to non-muslim guys.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by deols(f): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

We agree on most points but here is where I disagree

If a woman wears a bikini, must the men around her look?If you see a bossom, cant you turn away? Were you forced to look at the skimpy lady? The skimpy lady is not the one dragging the muslim man to hell, it is his lust for her.......

As for NL muslims, there are some cool guys here- Sweetnecta, Tbaba and Justaqad. For the girls- Fellis. Deols would be a nice woman but she behaves nasty to non-muslim guys.

Nasty is good, I have come to realise. I like the nasty me, better..

how cool cool

@Op,

A woman can wear whatever she wants in her home. Taking it outside makes it a public concern. Even in the western countries you are talking about, there are laws against some forms of indecencies despite the claim of freedom.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by deols(f): 1:48pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Good work sir,

No one cares about what the Muslim has on its mind. That cannot be judged by the society or any system. What can, is the outward appearance which does not only affect the person wearing it but others, as well.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 3:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

Nasty is good, I have come to realise. I like the nasty me, better..

how cool cool

@ bold- How I wish you could say that at your local mosque in the presence of your fellow muslims

deols:

@Op,

A woman can wear whatever she wants in her home. Taking it outside makes it a public concern. Even in the western countries you are talking about, there are laws against some forms of indecencies despite the claim of freedom.

Public dressing-
1) You have to understand one has to balance different rights and freedoms when they clash.
The right to freedom of speech is limited by the freedom to defend oneself from libel and slander.

So, your complaints about the limiting of certain freedoms is nothing

2) Public concern. If a woman wears tight trousers, must the man look? Doesnt islam tell people to lower their gaze? Why would a grown man not be able to stop staring at a woman's bottom on the street. Did they glue his neck or something?

The only time for public concern is when there is nudity. You cant walk around naked on the streets.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

No one cares about what the Muslim has on its mind. That cannot be judged by the society or any system. What can, is the outward appearance which does not only affect the person wearing it but others, as well.

Missing the point. A woman wearing short skirt can not be judged to be wayward. That is a baseless assumption.

^^^
The point is that normal human beings do not judge books by their covers

Did you not learn anything from the young black guy with singlet that was singing like a professional muezzin?
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by deols(f): 3:47pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Missing the point. A woman wearing short skirt can not be judged to be wayward. That is a baseless assumption.

^^^
The point is that normal human beings do not judge books by their covers

Did you not learn anything from the young black guy with singlet that was singing like a professional muezzin?

You can judge her to not be dressing right but not that she is wayward.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by deols(f): 3:54pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

@ bold- How I wish you could say that at your local mosque in the presence of your fellow muslims

Public dressing-
1) You have to understand one has to balance different rights and freedoms when they clash.
The right to freedom of speech is limited by the freedom to defend oneself from libel and slander.

So, your complaints about the limiting of certain freedoms is nothing

2) Public concern. If a woman wears tight trousers, must the man look? Doesnt islam tell people to lower their gaze? Why would a grown man not be able to stop staring at a woman's bottom on the street. Did they glue his neck or something?

The only time for public concern is when there is nudity. You cant walk around naked on the streets.

You forget that the rule on dressing does not apply to women alone. Men too.

No one has to look either way. No one has to provoke anyone too.

and btw, the nasty talk was just, you know, by the way, a nairaland thing. I am actually a really good person in reality cool

1 Like

Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 4:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

You can judge her to not be dressing right but not that she is wayward.

Nice try but there is nothing wrong with wearing a miniskirt in public. cool

She cant be judged.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 4:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

You forget that the rule on dressing does not apply to women alone. Men too.

No one has to look either way. No one has to provoke anyone too.

Agreed...it should apply to both men and women.....waiting for the male burkha
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 4:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

and btw, the nasty talk was just, you know, by the way, a nairaland thing. I am actually a really good person in reality cool

Me too......I am actually a muslimah lover in reality cool
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by deols(f): 6:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
Logicbwoy:

Me too......I am actually a muslimah lover in reality cool

Lol..This is not what I thought you'd say. You pass on this one..but I don't care whom you love. grin

Men dont need to wear burkha actually. They just need not show their packs or whatever all over the place. From the navel to the knees at least must be covered, and the clothing should not be tight fitted.
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 7:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
deols:

Lol..This is not what I thought you'd say. You pass on this one..but I don't care whom you love. grin

Men dont need to wear burkha actually. They just need not show their packs or whatever all over the place. From the navel to the knees at least must be covered, and the clothing should not be tight fitted.

Haha....I was only joking!

As for the strict dress codes, why does islam suck the fun out of everything?

-music; some islamic schools of thought state that music is haram except when praising God
-tight fitting or slim fit clothing to show muscles or curves are haram
-alcohol- the best thing that connect friends with fun times- haram
-going on a date with your gf to the movies and snugging in- haram

If I could, I would get a knife and stab that word called haram....lol
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by dyfatai(m): 12:21am On Oct 26, 2013
Logicbwoy:

As for the strict dress codes, why does islam suck the fun out of everything?

-music; some islamic schools of thought state that music is haram except when praising God
-tight fitting or slim fit clothing to show muscles or curves are haram
-alcohol- the best thing that connect friends with fun times- haram
-going on a date with your gf to the movies and snugging in- haram

Islam does not suck d fun out out of everytin. It enjoins u 2 av it as long as u r nt goin against any of GOD's commandment. If u r rilly open 2 reason, u will c d@ each of dos senerious u highlight have particulat reasons dey r prohibitted. Some leads 2 fornication, loss of senses(albeit temporarily or otherwise). Peace
Re: Islamic Unfair Criticism Of The West (part 1; Women, Pageants, Skimpy Clothes) by Logicbwoy: 10:55am On Oct 26, 2013
dyfatai: Islam does not suck d fun out out of everytin. It enjoins u 2 av it as long as u r nt goin against any of GOD's commandment. If u r rilly open 2 reason, u will c d@ each of dos senerious u highlight have particulat reasons dey r prohibitted. Some leads 2 fornication, loss of senses(albeit temporarily or otherwise). Peace

Okay....

(1) (Reply)

Hausas Believe Salat Cleanses Sins! Are They Right? / Allah Does Not Exist!!! / The Solution To Gaza

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.