Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Still On Sex Before Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Still On Sex Before Marriage (1245 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Photo: Ladies This Is What You Get From "No Sex Before Marriage" / Sex Before Marriage Does It Help? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Still On Sex Before Marriage by lobell: 4:03pm On Oct 25, 2013
I picked this from my friends post.

Yesterday evening, I listened to a program hosted by Charles B on Rhythm FM. Three Christian bachelors who were guests in the program were asked, 'what are your opinions on sex before marriage?' Two of them said they do not agree to or support sex before marriage. The other, said he agrees to sex before marriage to ascertain sexual compatible with his partner, and if the lady agrees.

Most of the ladies who called in supported him. It kept me wondering. What is the guarantee that after the sex he will marry her? Is this not part of the reasons why some peoples' marriage 'is not working?'

I agree totally that sex is important in marriage. However, it is important not only to clarify but emphasize that as Christians:
1. Premarital sex or sex before marriage, either in the guise of 'engagement' or 'courting' is wrong-better put SIN (fornication).
2. Sexual compatibility is NOT the only thing that makes a marriage 'tick.'
3. There are MORE important issues of values, where you would live, how you would live, careers, finance, relationships with in-laws, neighbours and friends, to mention but a few, to be considered than 'fireworks' in bed.
4. Sexual compatibility is not achieved by 'tasting' but by understanding, patience and sacrifice (plus time).
5. For a lasting fun filled marriage work towards being more understanding, patient, sacrificial and have the fear of God.

Enjoy God's Best for your life.
Re: Still On Sex Before Marriage by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 25, 2013
I've seen couples who had sex before marriage, and they're doing fine. I've also seen couples who abstain from sex, & still they've issues, so its a two way thing. It all balls down to Understanding & friendship
Re: Still On Sex Before Marriage by Kanwulia: 1:03am On Oct 26, 2013
I am yet to meet a CHRISTIAN-NIGERIAN MAN OR WOMAN who practiced this RITUAL!!!

Name 1. grin

Can we start from NL? wink
Re: Still On Sex Before Marriage by lobell: 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
@kanwulia. The point I was raising here is that they were citing intimate (sexual) compatibility as an excuse to engage in it. I'm married and I know that whereas in the beginning I was the crazy one grin I have since cooled down a lot. I'm sure it's because of the pressures of running/providing/protecting a family but suffice to say I don't need sex three times a day seven days a week anymore. My lovely wife on the other hand, who was extremely shy and conservative has suddenly turned into a tigress in the sack tongue.
If we started out as intimately compatible, what are we now? If we are no longer intimately compatible, what next? Your hot stud who sends you to the end of the galaxy and beyond might develop ED (erectile dysfuction) (Happens to a lot of men midlife. I mean accidents do happen) what next?
There's more to getting/staying married than just sex (I need to start a thread on this) and the sooner we realized this (especially ladies) the better we'll be for it.
Re: Still On Sex Before Marriage by Tgirl4real(f): 3:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
@ OP,

I would like to close this thread for now if you don't mind as it is one of the topics for the upcoming family section debate.

https://www.nairaland.com/1492758/still-sex-before-marriage

Thanks for understanding.

(1)

Mother Burns Daughter With Hot Iron For Licking Baby's Food. / Her Husband Finds Her 15 Year Old Niece Attractive? :o / Parents Call: Answering Sir/ma Or Yes Daddy/mummy Which Is Preferable?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.