Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,842 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? (14023 Views)

Wow: Check Out A House Built Upside Down / JUST CALL AND GET THAT HOUSE BUILT(GOODNEWS FOR NIGERIANS IN DIASPORA) / House Built Upside Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by busolayemi: 4:20am On Oct 29, 2013
B4 a woman will actually wake up one day and stat tinkin of gettin a piece of land and buildin on it without d hubby's consent....all is not well. And pls, dnt b so quick at condemnin the woman. As so not normal as it is, most times, its always d man's fault. If I discover that my man is the 'I'm not tinkin about tomoro type', I can do it.....especially if he has the money but he's not jst tinkin of tomoro...well, I may never tell him to move into the house...buh at least I'll b gettin moni frm it by renting it out....Dat myt even prompt him to stat tinkin of buuildin his own house too....Some men are jst funny with the way they spend....No thot for d future at all

2 Likes

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by LordReed(m): 6:34am On Oct 29, 2013
How does a man not give consent to something so enriching as a self owned house? Such a man needs his head examined.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by gemini35(m): 6:50am On Oct 29, 2013
Law-confessor:
I like dis topic, cos i'm seriously thinking on somfin lik dat.

Honestly, i see nothing in it, and why would d huby refuse to live in it?

I totally support d man moving in to d house wit or witout his consent- depending on how d wife break d news about d house to him.

Wot if she builds the house to present to her huby on his birthday as an unexpected suprise package?- her intention/s shud be learnt first.

But i suppose dat it depends on how n in wot way he got to have d knowledge of d house.
if she build d house wit ma name as head of d haux myt b aceptable if bdg,
by d way hw a woman go supervice d buildin of a haux wit out d consent of d husband,is d husband slowpoke?
Unless she,s d type that control d man,
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Lawconfessor(f): 8:00am On Oct 29, 2013
tintingz: it will be funny when both couple have misunderstanding or maybe divorce

Misunderstanding somtymes- Yes.

But biko, must every marriage end in divorce- young man?

Whew!!! Ppl shud be positive for once.

*yawns*
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Lawconfessor(f): 8:15am On Oct 29, 2013
gemini35: by d way hw a woman go supervice d buildin of a haux

Nawa oo!
See mentality.

I am talkin abt money here Sweetie- COOL CASH to get a supervising civil eng. contractor. She'll merely go der at her leisure time.

D huby dont hav to be a daft b4 d wife do such a fin.

Pls wake up swty.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by joeekuns(m): 9:06am On Oct 29, 2013
Law-confessor:
I like dis topic, cos i'm seriously thinking on somfin lik dat.

Honestly, i see nothing in it, and why would d huby refuse to live in it?

I totally support d man moving in to d house wit or witout his consent- depending on how d wife break d news about d house to him.

Wot if she builds the house to present to her huby on his birthday as an unexpected suprise package?- her intention/s shud be learnt first.

But i suppose dat it depends on how n in wot way he got to have d knowledge of d house.

Now if that is so that means you would be presenting him with the CofO that bears his name right? You cannot present a birthday gift only to collect it back later on.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by lipstick1(f): 9:39am On Oct 29, 2013
What if she had the house before she married the man?.

And where the man does not have any and the woman has?,so the man should not move in with her.

Una worry o.
I agree with the person who said CONSENT is the word,i dont think there is any good woman who will embark on such a mission with the approval of the man,once its a united happy family,no one does anything without the knowledge of ther other.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by ksbusari(m): 9:43am On Oct 29, 2013
It is nt normal in Yoruba culture bt it happens and i knw of one.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tintingz(m): 10:31am On Oct 29, 2013
Law-confessor:

Misunderstanding somtymes- Yes.

But biko, must every marriage end in divorce- young man?

Whew!!! Ppl shud be positive for once.

*yawns*
I didn't say every marriage must end with divorce I only point out the risk of a wife using a whole house as a birthday gift to the husband, who knows what will happen after the house was given to husband. women should be careful when building a house for their husbands we are not in disney land where everything end with happy ending, this is reality smiley
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by PurestBoy(m): 11:18am On Oct 29, 2013
gingerbread: @#80illion
All ur comments have been *speechess*. Dude I seriously Hope all is well.

He has never had any meaningful contribution, all he does is to increase his number of posts
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by joe4christ(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2013
kulyie: abi o.they are waaaaaaaayyyyy toooo local.

I will rather not let such peeps touch me with a 1 million pole.their i.q is tooooooo low for me,like seriously

what the Bleep shocked

honestly,you've said it all,dont know what else to say.the women are so subservient mentally and physically,the local champions (males ) are so sexist,controlling and domineering.the comments are soooo disgusting.reminds me of when i went to buy some provisions in a provision store in one local/rural area and the man said i should bend down in a yoruba way before he accepts the money,i said why,he said because he is a man.it was too funny and annoying at the same time,my friend heard and said,its not his fault,becaue he hasnt left this village.i said will you take this money or not,he said bend down first to show reverence.i didnt even waste time to fling those packs of soap at him before driving off.those are the kinds of men/women that made such daft comment up there.they need some level of EXPOSURE so they dont see things in the eyes of their village/CHAUVENISM but in the eyes of CIVILITY.

abeg am out.women like me have no buisness with local low lives like this,jeez.smh

Are you married
If you are, then your hubby don enter. Chai!!!
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Ohrydo: 3:46pm On Oct 29, 2013
Kanwulia: As you can READ, the respondents are from the EAST-WEST connector of NIGERIA where women are too TIMID/LAZZZZZZZY to WORK WITH THEIR OWN BRAINS AND HANDS! Or where CHAUVINISTIC/SEXXXXIST and extremely LOCCCAL dudes are toooooo insecure to get married to SELF-MADE WOMEN! grin

The reason we have women like BIANCA KEKE-OJUKWU getting married to re-cycled grand-daddy grooms in the name of love! Or we have women disrespect themselves by sitting in ABUSIVE marriages only to be divorced by ACID BY BOTH AREA-FADA OBAS AND LOCAL MECHANICS ALL OVER YORUBA/IGBO LANDS ESPECIALLY!!!

Primitive culture for MGBEKES AND ALATIKAS!!!! TWA!!! grin

Did you read from any EDO woman up there? cheesy

Why not?
Is he marrying me for my house? undecided

Some of us had houses before we got married!!! No joint ACCOUNTS OR HOUSES!!!

When we say "I don't". . . . Please, pack your "Walmart" bags and MOVE-OUT!!!

Simple!!! kiss
u mst b d most very useless woman i ave eva heard abt in dis earth, if we get 2 knw u, u mst b an arrogant nd shameless woman in ur husband house IDIOT.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Ohrydo: 3:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
kulyie: abi o.they are waaaaaaaayyyyy toooo local.

I will rather not let such peeps touch me with a 1 million pole.their i.q is tooooooo low for me,like seriously

what the Bleep shocked

honestly,you've said it all,dont know what else to say.the women are so subservient mentally and physically,the local champions (males ) are so sexist,controlling and domineering.the comments are soooo disgusting.reminds me of when i went to buy some provisions in a provision store in one local/rural area and the man said i should bend down in a yoruba way before he accepts the money,i said why,he said because he is a man.it was too funny and annoying at the same time,my friend heard and said,its not his fault,becaue he hasnt left this village.i said will you take this money or not,he said bend down first to show reverence.i didnt even waste time to fling those packs of soap at him before driving off.those are the kinds of men/women that made such daft comment up there.they need some level of EXPOSURE so they dont see things in the eyes of their village/CHAUVENISM but in the eyes of CIVILITY.

abeg am out.women like me have no buisness with local low lives like this,jeez.smh
bt why re u pple soo useless like dis... U re an indescriminate element 2 all human being, NONSENSE
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Emeralddeee: 5:52pm On Oct 29, 2013
A caring and loving husband should be supportive and happy if his wife builds a house with his consent since they are a family it is immaterial where the money comes from, everything they both own belongs to each other likewise the house. I wonder why some men get jealous when their wife earns more than them, I guess is an ego thing when you have a loving, loyal and trustworthy wife you shouldn't get yourself worked up cuz she earns more than you, most men would not want to stay in the house not because she didn't seek their consent, it's cuz their ego won't let them.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by bedazzled: 5:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
I do not see anything bad in a man living in a house built by his wife if they have a mutual agreement and understanding in their marriage then who cares what people out there think (of course all documents pertaining to the house should be "Mr n Mrs").
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Emeralddeee: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2013
Ohrydo: u mst b d most very useless woman i ave eva heard abt in dis earth, if we get 2 knw u, u mst b an arrogant nd shameless woman in ur husband house IDIOT.
sharaaap must you attack her That's her opinion, whatever happened to freedom of speech Why such gross insult

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 29, 2013
The reasons why a woman would build a house without her husband's consent include: (1) the man may tell her that the only way he can allow her build it is if she uses his own name in the C of O. Some men can be that jealous

(2) the woman might be a victim of abuse so she can decide to build her own house so that she can have a good shelter in case d husband throws her out. (3) the man might try to dissuade her especially if he doesn't own his house yet. So the woman might decide to hide it from the man if the man is behaving like an enemy of progress. Some men see women as second class citizens and they treat them like trash.

1 Like

Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by mufutau55(m): 2:35am On Oct 30, 2013
HELL NO. Never. Even if she had a house before I married her, I will not live under her house.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by tintingz(m): 5:13am On Oct 30, 2013
Emeralddeee: sharaaap must you attack her That's her opinion, whatever happened to freedom of speech Why such gross insult
Did he insulted her Or told her the truth??

It seems you have not been reading that girl(kulyie) posts on NL.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Emeralddeee: 7:52am On Oct 30, 2013
tintingz: Did he insulted her Or told her the truth??

It seems you have not been reading that girl(kulyie) posts on NL.
I see, useless and shameless has become a compliment right I wonder why it's so easy for some people to reign insult on others . That's what savages do, not civilised people, he could counteract her opinion without reigning unnecessary insult on her.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Lemzkyd: 8:35am On Oct 30, 2013
And to think my Momsi wanted to build a house b4 she met my dad...I for no dey here ooo....#Thankful smiley
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by nbright: 1:46pm On Oct 31, 2013
If she had a house before we met and I don't... Why won't I live in the house?. If we both had houses before meeting, we will choose the house that is conduicive to us and our future kids, proximity to our places of work, etc. If she didn't have a house before wet met and she wanted to buy/build a house, she'd have to notify me first before she buy/build... Afterall we are 1 in the sight of GOD... I am all for female empowerment as long as they respect their husbands and are faithful
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by Twinmama(f): 2:15pm On Nov 01, 2013
Law-confessor:

Nawa oo!
See mentality.

I am talkin abt money here Sweetie- COOL CASH to get a supervising civil eng. contractor. She'll merely go der at her leisure time.

D huby dont hav to be a daft b4 d wife do such a fin.

Pls wake up swty.
thanks jare, wat about women dat studied Civil Engineering, Elect elect, Architecture, Quantity survey etc. Dont mind those look down on women jare
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by ojiefi: 12:41pm On Aug 26, 2014
THIEF!!! THIEF!!! THIEF!!!! LAZY MAN !!!! LAZY MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stan4b: If my wife will put my name as d owner of d house,den dere is no p.
Re: Should A Man Live In A House Built By His Wife? by ojiefi: 12:47pm On Aug 26, 2014
THANK YOU. YOU ARE A GOOD MAN.
nbright: If she had a house before we met and I don't... Why won't I live in the house?. If we both had houses before meeting, we will choose the house that is conduicive to us and our future kids, proximity to our places of work, etc. If she didn't have a house before wet met and she wanted to buy/build a house, she'd have to notify me first before she buy/build... Afterall we are 1 in the sight of GOD... I am all for female empowerment as long as they respect their husbands and are faithful

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ARCHITECTURAL,STRUCTURAL,MECHANICAL,ELECTRICAL DESIGN FOR NIARALANDER / Concrete stamping&Interlocking Pavers Home Design Ideas / AFFORDABLE BUILDING PLAN AND DOCUMENTATION OF YOUR HOME ,CALL 08069253261

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.