Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,215 members, 7,839,136 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Linux Experts Only - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Linux Experts Only (737 Views)

Using Redhat Linux 9.3 --squid Server With Webcam / Wazobia Linux: A New Nigerian Linux Distro! / Linux or Windows Operating System? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linux Experts Only by wurdz: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2008
I AM IN SERIOUS NEED OF LINUX SOFTWARE(REDHAT OR UBUNTU).and how to install,use and , in short the whole works.I NEED TO BE ABLE TO USE LINUX.can any1 help?
Re: Linux Experts Only by uspry1(f): 10:50pm On Jul 08, 2008
Ubuntu Linux is the one of ten top popular Linux distribution from official linux distro watch.

Read the following instruction how to get Ubuntu download that is found at below existing Nairaland thread at below:

Ubuntu Linux: (i recommend you go through reading whole thread in order to understand what's going on the latest changes/modifications/add-ons)
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-11508.0.html#msg318585
The latest version: Ubuntu 8.04

Official Ubuntu forum site:
http://ubuntunigeria.

Ubuntu blog for Nigerians:
http://www.bigbrovar./
Re: Linux Experts Only by samir101ng(m): 1:16am On Jul 09, 2008
Fedora is also a very good linux distribution for starters by Redhat. I like it cuz it has cool effects and backgrounds. Check out Fedora's site and google for more info. Also, if you are new to linux, try getting linux for dummies so as to get better acquainted.
Re: Linux Experts Only by playsafe: 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2008
go get fedora core, it is very good
let me know if u need it either version 5 or 8.
you will love using linux
Re: Linux Experts Only by wurdz: 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2008
@ playsafe.

interested in the version 8.thanks
Re: Linux Experts Only by mimohmi(m): 9:58pm On Jul 09, 2008

@wurdz

Are you in lagos ? I have Ubuntu, kubuntu (Desktop version ie kde 4) 8 dvds.
you can come with 4 dvds and 2 extra if you are interested in Fadora and knoppix
live dvds. Call me on 080-347-91825.

Re: Linux Experts Only by playsafe: 11:36pm On Jul 09, 2008
@wurdz

The fedora version 8 i have is on dvd
call me on 08036437075 when u need it.
Re: Linux Experts Only by bigrovar(m): 7:59am On Jul 10, 2008
For I beginner I will recommend ubuntu, it has a great community support and it is easy to to dual boot it with windows, U can go to www.ubuntunigeria. there u would find some guides to get u started , u would also see the contacts of pple u can call for a free copy of ubuntu cd
Re: Linux Experts Only by adewaleafolabi(m): 4:47pm On Jul 14, 2008
Well i'd rather advise that you should try Ubuntu instead of fedora core, as Ubuntu is more suited for beginners. It combines a whole lot of simplicity plus power.
Re: Linux Experts Only by bigrovar(m): 7:13pm On Jul 14, 2008
adewaleafolabi:

Well i'd rather advise that you should try Ubuntu instead of fedora core, as Ubuntu is more suited for beginners. It combines a whole lot of simplicity plus power.
+1

i just found out how many things we take for granted in ubuntu, i downloaded pc linux os yesterday just to try another flavor of linux , mehn its been a hellish experience , at least for a distro that was suppose to be an alternative to ubuntu when it comes to user friendliness , its doing a poor job of it , everything that just worked on ubuntu since feisty is broken on pc linux , wireless doesnt work even though i use intel wireless , my resolution is too big , sound didnt work , right now am trying to get the freaking os to browse and i know that it would mean getting my hands dirty which am not afraid of doing , but a new user would just freak out , so if u are new to linux , ubuntu is ur best bet

(1) (Reply)

Lcd Tv Needed / Nija Gsm providers Alarts Freedom / Happy New Year! Please Come In Pc Guru Thanks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.