Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? (795 Views)

How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? / Who should a spouse listen to in matters of life and death? Family or the spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? by thehunted(m): 7:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
How does one stick to just his/her spouse.

It is an established fact that most Nigerians are polygamous in nature. Not just the men but the women too. I know some people will have issues with this even though most of them must have cheated while they are in their relationships.

Back to the reason I opened this thread. How can a good looking man or woman remain faithful in this era.
Re: How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? by Kanwulia: 8:15pm On Oct 26, 2013
I don't see any benefits with 'fidelity' or faithfullness IN ANY LEVEL OF RELATIONSHIPS. kiss
LOVE IS NOT BY FORCE! kiss
I am not in an emotional JAIL-HOUSE with ANY HUMAN OR SPIRIT! kiss
I AM NOT AN AMORALISTIC-HYPOCRITICAL-CHRISTIAN-ENTITY . kiss
I am a free-thinking being! kiss

MY EMOTIONS CHANGE CONSTANTLY. . . .
Sometimes I FEEL YOU. . .and sometimes I don't!
My choice. . .FEEL FREE TO EXERCISE YOURS! You will not be missed. . . for sure! kiss
Re: How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? by greatgod2012(f): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
@op,
First, is your sincerity in searching for a soulmate, when trying to look/search for a prospective spouse, make sure you marry a person you actually love, someone who possesses almost every qualities you want in a mate, in order words, if you really love a tall person, dont settle for a short person out of frustration or influence, dont settle for less, or else, you might be tempted to run after that quality you initially wanted in another man or woman. There is no quality that is not relevant in searching for a soulmate, marriage is supposed to be committed to, not giving excuses for cheating, therefore, in rder to guide against such excuses, when choosing a mate, do not deceive yourself and do not allow anyone to deceive you that it doesnt matter, look for what you want and go for it/them.

I never dated any short person in my life, because i wouldnt like a situation where i will be looking at another man lustfully.
Then, comes your determination/decision, that no matter what, you will not cheat on your spouse, you will keep to your marriage vow.
Another thing is that, variety(inside marriage) is the spices of life,one has to make his/her marriage interesting and lively, not a boring thing, anyone who is boring at home, especially on bed is tempting the spouse to look for a better "acrobatic" person, who can make him /her exploit all the "exploitables".

Above all, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom, one has to have the fear of God in order for one to be faithful in every aspect. Naturally, humans tends to be unfaithful, but determination, genuine love towards one's spouse, activeness in one's marriage and the fear of God are what can help us all out.

May God help us all.

2 Likes

Re: How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
thehunted: How does one stick to just his/her spouse.

It is an established fact that most Nigerians are polygamous in nature. Not just the men but the women too. I know some people will have issues with this even though most of them must have cheated while they are in their relationships.

Back to the reason I opened this thread. How can a good looking man or woman remain faithful in this era.

First step is to accept that it is your responsibility to be faithful. It's one thing to say it, but it's another to actually wholly accept it as your responsibility even when it's not 'what you want to do'. Just the same way you would still go to work when you don't want to because it's your responsibility, or you wouldn't punch someone who annoys you in the mouth because you are a responsible adult human. Similar thing with being faithful. Don't half a*ss it.

If you're in a relationship where neither party believes or practices fidelity, that's another thing.
Re: How Does One Remain Faithful To The Spouse??? by bellong: 9:00am On Oct 27, 2013
Decide to be faithful and be committed to your decision.

(1) (Reply)

Managing Cockroaches In The House / Does Intimacy Help In Child Delivery? / My Daughter Is Trying To Be Older Than Her Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.