Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,218 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:25 AM

How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? (2143 Views)

Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? / Why Are You Still Faithful To Your Spouse ? / Faithful To My Wife But (a Girl) Fell In Luv wth me Our First Interaction. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by zboyd: 4:24pm On Dec 16, 2014
How to Stay Faithful to Your Spouse
By 'Shil1978'

Are you one of those people who find it difficult to stay faithful to your partner?

If you are, you are not alone. There are many like you who easily stray and end up cheating on their loved one. Some get away with it, others get caught. Either way, the feeling of cheating on your partner can never be a good feeling. Even if your partner never catches you, you have to live with the fact that you've cheated on the person you supposedly love so much. It weighs on your conscience, makes you feel guilty all the time, and whenever you face your loved one, you know within you that you haven't quite kept the faith and trust your loved one reposed in you. I’ve never experienced this feeling personally, as I’ve never cheated; however, I would imagine that it would be an awful feeling. So, is there something you can do so you don’t end up cheating on your partner? Well, I think there are things you can do and here are some strategies on how to stay faithful.

The First Step - Know Yourself - Get To Know You

The first thing you need to do is to get to know you. Why you ask? Well, you need to know you because unless you do, you aren’t going to be any wiser as to what your weaknesses are. For example, there are people who tend to cheat when they are drunk. There are also some situations which make you susceptible; like being with someone you fantasize about for extended periods of time, alone, in an office setup perhaps. It is almost never the case that cheating happens out of the blue. In most cases, the circumstances leading to the eventual act develop gradually. Mostly, the person knows that they would end up cheating and who the person would be, who’d make them cheat. So, in many ways, there is an amount of predictability to it and hence gives you some time to nip it in the bud, before it leads to a situation where you end up cheating.

Knowing yourself, thus, can clearly define your weaknesses and help you avoid those situations. For example, if being drunk makes you susceptible, you should probably be doing something about it, rather than allow yourself to be put in that situation. I don’t think you would want to be in a position where you’d have to lament about not doing anything later.

Source: marriagepartners.com
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 5:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
For me it has been very easy so far because I have a very good man and I would hate myself if I did anything to hurt his feelings.

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Priceless24(f): 5:43pm On Dec 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:
For me it has been very easy so far because I have a very good man and I would hate myself if I did anything to hurt his feelings.

That is some motivation right there.

Plus some serious self control
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by okotv(m): 5:44pm On Dec 16, 2014
carefreewannabe:
have you got a spouse ? cause I didn't know you did.

good day
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 16, 2014
Priceless24:

That is some motivation right there.

Plus some serious self control

I agree. smiley
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 16, 2014
okotv:
have you got a spouse ? cause I didn't know you did.

good day

I am in a relationship.

Good day to you too.
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by okirewaju(f): 9:10pm On Dec 16, 2014
In all our years of been together, cheating on him has never even crossed my mind. Not for one day- not at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 16, 2014
okirewaju:
In all our years of been together, cheating on him has never even crossed my mind. Not for one day- not at all.
Wow. ....never knew you are married. This is nice. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by veave(f): 9:58pm On Dec 16, 2014
I have always been a one-man woman. The only problem i have is i do not give a second chance. I usually do not cheat on whoever it is i date so when he does, i do not give him a chance to explain(lie) why. The rate at which women bring cheating issues to nairaland makes me scared because i do not know if i will file for divorce at the first instance of cheating- when i finally get married.
Finally...

Please people who mix deeeeeek and puuuuuuszie like sey na concreee. How do they do it?
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by okotv(m): 1:38am On Dec 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am in a relationship.

Good day to you too.
sorry for asking that awkward question though
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by lafflaff123(m): 2:54am On Dec 17, 2014
@carefreewannabe i find it laughable when i see comments like yours here, so you have a good man right? you don't want to hurt his feelings right? and does he too not want to hurt your feelings? i know you trust him so much that you know his whereabouts 24 hours right? everyday? every minute? EXPO from a Man's point. He will CHEAT on you even if your V-A-G-I-N-A is made of crude oil, and he will do it SKIN to SKIN.

Your husband/boyfriend/sugar daddy/toyboy/man or whatever we want to call him is not a bad person, HE IS JUST BEING A MAN.

So why is one woman not enough for one man? are you guys serious? if one man is stuck with one woman what then is the faith of the other thousands of girls that are single? and don't mind being girlfriend number 8 or 9?

Sex is cheap, and is given freely and it does not matter if the guy is married or not, too much willing women TOASTING another woman's man these days anyway. So the other day, 99 women on Facebook put ENGAGED/IN A RELATIONSHIP on their status handle.

Still on that Facebook 99 men put SINGLE on their status handle, so i am wondering who these ladies are engaged to or in a relationship with?
So what am i trying to say? too much women every where without a man to call their own, and we guys will have our fill. Its like Christmas coming in the Month of JUNE.

All these internet WOMEN keep deceiving yourself that you will find that man, that will be faithful to you only, no be only faithful? as long as their are the Ini Edo's that don't mind collecting others husband, we men cannot say no to the OTHER WOMAN.

3 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by nefertiitii: 4:37am On Dec 17, 2014
Rili sad na wa oo
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by cococandy(f): 5:06am On Dec 17, 2014
lafflaff123:
@carefreewannabe i find it laughable when i see comments like yours here, so you have a good man right? you don't want to hurt his feelings right? and does he too not want to hurt your feelings? i know you trust him so much that you know his whereabouts 24 hours right? everyday? every minute? EXPO from a Man's point. He will CHEAT on you even if your V-A-G-I-N-A is made of crude oil, and he will do it SKIN to SKIN.

Your husband/boyfriend/sugar daddy/toyboy/man or whatever we want to call him is not a bad person, HE IS JUST BEING A MAN.

So why is one woman not enough for one man? are you guys serious? if one man is stuck with one woman what then is the faith of the other thousands of girls that are single? and don't mind being girlfriend number 8 or 9?

Sex is cheap, and is given freely and it does not matter if the guy is married or not, too much willing women TOASTING another woman's man these days anyway. So the other day, 99 women on Facebook put ENGAGED/IN A RELATIONSHIP on their status handle.

Still on that Facebook 99 men put SINGLE on their status handle, so i am wondering who these ladies are engaged to or in a relationship with?
So what am i trying to say? too much women every where without a man to call their own, and we guys will have our fill. Its like Christmas coming in the Month of JUNE.

All these internet WOMEN keep deceiving yourself that you will find that man, that will be faithful to you only, no be only faithful? as long as their are the Ini Edo's that don't mind collecting others husband, we men cannot say no to the OTHER WOMAN.

13 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by quivah(f): 8:58am On Dec 17, 2014
lafflaff123:

errrm what exactly is your rant about

4 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by okirewaju(f): 10:05am On Dec 17, 2014
Herzumpther:
Wow. ....never knew you are married. This is nice. smiley
smiley I am dearie!
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:06am On Dec 17, 2014
okirewaju:
smiley I am dearie!
I want to tap from your blessing against 2015 please. smiley

1 Like

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by okirewaju(f): 10:09am On Dec 17, 2014
lafflaff123:

This joke is just too funny *lmao*

1 Like

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by okirewaju(f): 10:11am On Dec 17, 2014
Herzumpther:
I want to tap from your blessing against 2015 please. smiley
Amen to that!

God will grant you your heart desire, Amen!!!
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 17, 2014
okirewaju:
Amen to that!

God will grant you your heart desire, Amen!!!
Amen.

1 Like

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by jmoore(m): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2014
I am not married yet. I will definitely be faithful and it will be very easy for me when I am married.
As a single man with a 'clean sheet', the motive behind it is my values which I stick to dearly. It is about self-worth, knowing that cheating is defiling oneself.

3 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2014
I'm not yet married, but I know it won't be difficult for me at all. If you know how much I abhor cheating...

jmoore:
I am not married yet. I will definitely be faithful and it will be very easy for me when I am married.
As a single man with a 'clean sheet', the motive behind it is my values which I stick to dearly. It is about self-worth, knowing that cheating is defiling oneself.

+1

3 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by SAMBARRY: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2014
I'm not surprised reading stuffs like this because

lafflaff123:

3 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by SAMBARRY: 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2014
So as I was saying before my hairdresser distracted me

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by SAMBARRY: 1:16pm On Dec 17, 2014
Eyin my dheek is too hot to stay in one placy this is for you o

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by SAMBARRY: 1:19pm On Dec 17, 2014
Meanwhile

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 17, 2014
lafflaff123:

Am I right when I say that you are part of the "men are polygamous by nature crew"?

And what is the underlying message of your comment?

That I should cheat based on the assumption that ALL men cheat because you find it "laughable" that I think that the man in my life deserves my 100% loyalty?

4 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by quivah(f): 3:32pm On Dec 17, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Am I right when I say that you are part of the "men are polygamous by nature crew"?

And what is the underlying message of your comment?

That I should cheat based on the assumption that ALL men cheat because you find it "laughable" that I think that the man in my life deserves my 100% loyalty?

he prolly lacks self worth and cheats, just looking for a way to console himself by making people belief all other men belong to the same 'familiaris' specie as him

its not so easy to be a lone street humper!

6 Likes

Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 04, 2015
CC: lalasticlala, Obinoscopy, Ishilove Frontpage.
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Rosarie(f): 2:57pm On Jan 04, 2015
hmmmmmm my hubby will always say out of d original before y get d fake.not all men are cheats.ma hubby is an xample.not here to force any ones belive.
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by Exjoker(m): 3:12pm On Jan 04, 2015
And what is the difficulty about remaining faithful to your spouse??
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by lilmax(m): 3:13pm On Jan 04, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: How Difficult Is It To Remain Forever Faithful To Your Spouse? by nefertiitii: 12:41am On Jan 09, 2015
smiley smiley nice

(1) (Reply)

Preparing Yourself After Delivery--- New Mother / Crossroad: Advice To A Young Aspiring Lecturer (with An Option) / They Let My Daughter Die… As I Watched In Horror — Bereaved Mum(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.