Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:44 AM

Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat (1524 Views)

Help:why Do Some Nigerians Oppose Their Son Marrying A Female Bank Marketer? / Groom Dies In Strange Auto Crash On Way To Marriage Introduction / Why Do Nigerians Eat Rice On Sundays? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by yunfazz: 9:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
When it comes to food, trust me some Nigerians do know how to combine but some food combinations marvel me and i begin to wonder how some enjoy eating such combinations. Some strange combinations i have come across include the following (if you have been a student of tertiary institutions, you would also agree with some):-

1. Rice and Yam with Okro Soup: Rice is highly rich in carbohydrates so also is yam and adding the 'draw' feel of Okra; known in many English-speaking countries as 'lady's fingers' is a "balanced diet" combination for those who eat such. Please don't puke if the mere picturing this food combination irritate you

2.Indomie and yam: Just pass by most mallam food sellers at night especially in parts of Lagos and you see some northern and Niger folks eating this combination after a tedious work day. Like P-sqaure would say, 'haba habactically!'

3. Ewedu, Egusi, Efo Riro, Bitterleaf Soup Combination: I know some may argue this but it's definitely true. Some even do worse combination and you wonder how they wouldn't have stomach 'earthquake or diarrhea.

4. Pounded Yam/Amala/Eba/Fufu with fried egg: We are used to eating meat, fish or other protein with these staple food but in the absence of the mentioned protein, some would eat fried egg to 'balance it'. At least, protein na protein

5. Concotion rice with Garri: This usually is the practice in students' campuses - especially during exams time when 'owu don blow person' - during which money and food are scarce and everyone seem to be in examination mood. During this period, most are even thankful for something to eat!

6. Garri and maltina: Since Garri (processed cassava flour) which is almost entirely carbohydrate, it is then good to step it down with very rich multivitamin drink, isnt it?

7. Bread and Plantain: Since people eat hot-dog, preparing and eating customized African hot-dog is not bad after all!

Kindly share yours too

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/10/strange-nigerian-food-combinations.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by s3nn2x(m): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Very strange combination indeed!

When I was in school, a roommate from Bauchi used to cook palm oil rice with yam, it was really strange.

The same guy used to put onga (Stew flavour) inside Egusi soup in place of tomato puree in order to make the soup 'red', he used the same method to cook jollof rice.

I don't have a problem with bread, fried egg and fried plantain.

But students dey chop different things oooo

2 Likes

Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by greatgod2012(f): 9:58pm On Oct 26, 2013
This thread got me cracked up biiiiig time.

Well, to be sincere with you, that No 3 combo is my favourite combo, i love it very wella, especially in an owambe party where there is amala, i usually ask that everysoup/every draw soup available be mixed together for me to clear my amala, @op, try it and your life will never remain the same, lol

but that No 1, chai! i fear fear o, i no fit. But im sure some fit shop am. Goodluck to them.
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by tushqueen(f): 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
some of my funny food combination include; bread n ripe fried plantain, bread n oat or very few tx bread n indomie
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by Nobody: 12:06am On Oct 27, 2013
Lol,what the fvk cheesy when i no be god of the ancestors wey dey eat sacrifice cheesy

why i go dey chop nonsense wey go turn my system upside down.

By the way my internal and external organs are way toooooo important for me to be eating any kind of sacrificial looking food.

I censor what goes into my stomach because i am not ready to spend my money and time on doctors now that we are in the era of doctors with hiv raping their patients.

Why will i be at the mercy of animalistic men when i can start with ensuring i am eating healthy/ balanced diet
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by ganase2: 9:02am On Oct 27, 2013
Very funny combinations...lols
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by ferhyntorlah(f): 10:59am On Oct 27, 2013
kulyie: Lol,what the fvk cheesy when i no be god of the ancestors wey dey eat sacrifice cheesy

why i go dey chop nonsense wey go turn my system upside down.

By the way my internal and external organs are way toooooo important for me to be eating any kind of sacrificial looking food.

I censor what goes into my stomach because i am not ready to spend my money and time on doctors now that we are in the era of doctors with hiv raping their patients.

Why will i be at the mercy of animalistic men when i can start with ensuring i am eating healthy/ balanced diet

You this Kulyie madam! You don over do am. I bin wan yarn since I notice am but now I go yarn!

So because we beseeched you to introduce paragraphs to your write up, you con over do am, shey?. Putting 3/more paragraphs in your write up, e kwa?

Madam, take am easy ehn!
Funny woman!
PS: check your post I quoted above, does it look better?
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by everyday: 11:14am On Oct 27, 2013
Rice and yam with okra soup? No way!
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 27, 2013
ferhyntorlah:

You this Kulyie madam! You don over do am. I bin wan yarn since I notice am but now I go yarn!

So because we beseeched you to introduce paragraphs to your write up, you con over do am, shey?. Putting 3/more paragraphs in your write up, e kwa?

Madam, take am easy ehn!
Funny woman!
PS: check your post I quoted above, does it look better?
awwww feyin tola,you are such a darling cheesy
thanks though,but rome wasnt built in a day,with time i go dey put paragraph well well for my post. cheesy :*
Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by Konquest: 12:06am On Jan 29
yunfazz:

When it comes to food, trust me some Nigerians do know how to combine but some food combinations marvel me and i begin to wonder how some enjoy eating such combinations. Some strange combinations i have come across include the following (if you have been a student of tertiary institutions, you would also agree with some):-

1. Rice and Yam with Okro Soup: Rice is highly rich in carbohydrates so also is yam and adding the 'draw' feel of Okra; known in many English-speaking countries as 'lady's fingers' is a "balanced diet" combination for those who eat such. Please don't puke if the mere picturing this food combination irritate you

2.Indomie and yam: Just pass by most mallam food sellers at night especially in parts of Lagos and you see some northern and Niger folks eating this combination after a tedious work day. Like P-sqaure would say, 'haba habactically!'

3. Ewedu, Egusi, Efo Riro, Bitterleaf Soup Combination: I know some may argue this but it's definitely true. Some even do worse combination and you wonder how they wouldn't have stomach 'earthquake or diarrhea.

4. Pounded Yam/Amala/Eba/Fufu with fried egg: We are used to eating meat, fish or other protein with these staple food but in the absence of the mentioned protein, some would eat fried egg to 'balance it'. At least, protein na protein

5. Concotion rice with Garri: This usually is the practice in students' campuses - especially during exams time when 'owu don blow person' - during which money and food are scarce and everyone seem to be in examination mood. During this period, most are even thankful for something to eat!

6. Garri and maltina: Since Garri (processed cassava flour) which is almost entirely carbohydrate, it is then good to step it down with very rich multivitamin drink, isnt it?

7. Bread and Plantain: Since people eat hot-dog, preparing and eating customized African hot-dog is not bad after all!

Kindly share yours too

http://www.tutubranch.com/2013/10/strange-nigerian-food-combinations.html
Oh, wow... This list cracked me up.

Re: Strange Food Combinations Some Nigerians Eat by Baztardidiot: 6:43am On Jan 29
My fav. Hot fresh bread of 900 naira... 500 naira groundnut with akara 300.1 bottle coke. I son chop food

(1) (Reply)

Is It appropriate To Buy Gifts For Your Future Parent Inlaws / What Can He Do??? Honest Opinions / Family With 12boys Awaits Baby No.13.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.