Stats: 3,155,452 members, 7,826,736 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep (2055 Views)

INCREDIBLE: USA: Mother Gives Birth To 17 Babies At Once! / A First Time Mother Looking For A Good Hospital And Baby Stuff / A Birth Story - Experiences Of A First Time Mother (2) (3) (4)

First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by Nobody: 6:00am On Oct 27, 2013
A new father was forced to deliver his baby son at home when his partner woke to discover she had gone into labour in her sleep.
Sarah Pearson woke at the couple's home in Barnsley on October 13, telling partner Graeme Smith she 'felt something weird'.
But by the time the 25-year-old realised what was happening baby Charlie was ready to make his appearance in the world.

The couple had visited Barnsley Hospital just hours earlier when Sarah's waters broke.
But midwives, having checked her over, told them to return in 24 hours.

In anticipation of the arrival of their firstborn, the couple headed home to get some sleep.
But their nap was cut short when Sarah, an art student, woke to find she was already in labour and her baby's head was crowning.

Checking to see what the 'wierd feeling' Sarah was experiencing was, Mr Smith, 22, discovered he could see his son's head.
The DJ said: 'We had a couple of hours sleep and then Sarah woke me saying "what's that? It feels weird" and when I looked there was a head sticking out.

'I was a little bit scared but your instincts kick in, I didn't actually do a lot, Sarah did all the work I just cleaned him up when he came out made sure the cord was okay'
Father Graeme Smith
'I phoned the midwife who told us to ring for an ambulance and while we were waiting a woman on the phone was talking me through everything, what to do and to get towels and things.
'She was saying "are you sure it's a head?". I said yes I'm sure, it's got hair on it.
'We kept wondering where the ambulance was and the woman on the phone said we had plenty of time and they would be here soon. The next thing we knew Charlie was out.'
When paramedics arrived they found little Charlie, who weighed 6lbs 15oz, curled up in his mother's arms.
Mr Smith said praised Miss Pearson for her bravery in giving birth without any pain relief. He said despite his initial fears, the birth which took about half-an-hour, went well.
He said: 'I was a little bit scared but your instincts kick in, I didn't actually do a lot, Sarah did all the work I just cleaned him up when he came out made sure the cord was okay.
'Sarah did really well and I'm very proud of her for doing it without pain relief or anything like that.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2477335/First-time-mother-goes-labour-SLEEP--wakes-babys-head-emerged.html

Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by pendusky(m): 6:07am On Oct 27, 2013
tthank God,
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by RoyalRoy(m): 6:10am On Oct 27, 2013
Weird!!

How come they told her to go home after her water was broken?
Ain't that incompetence on the part of the mid-wives?
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by Nobody: 6:31am On Oct 27, 2013
If it is Nigeria, people will say................
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by Temismith(f): 7:38am On Oct 27, 2013
I blame nk mods for dis grin tongue
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by Chaleeee: 8:13am On Oct 27, 2013
Royal Roy: Weird!!

How come they told her to go home after her water was broken?
Ain't that incompetence on the part of the mid-wives?

You can't read english? Her water broke hours after they visited the hospital. Check the word "earlier" in a dictionary.
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by ladyju(f): 8:47am On Oct 27, 2013
Chaleeee:

You can't read english? Her water broke hours after they visited the hospital. Check the word "earlier" in a dictionary.

What are u saying?
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by Evanisgud(f): 9:17am On Oct 27, 2013
Chaleeee:

guy once d water is broken d baby can come at any time. So d guy is abt d nurses.
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by dasparrow: 10:02am On Oct 27, 2013
@Post

Welcome into the world baby boy. However, I must say that the woman does not look 25. She looks 40 and the man does not look 22. He looks 35. I don't know why oyibo age so quickly. It must be in their genes or all that fornicating is making them look older than their actual ages.

Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by everyday: 10:59am On Oct 27, 2013
Delivery inside sleep?Wonders will never end
Re: First-time Mother Gives Birth In Her Sleep by soulglo: 5:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
Awwwww. The baby is like Halleluyah lol. God bless little Charlie

Why Become A Single Mother? / Between Men That Physically Abuse Or Those That Verbally Abuse; Which Is Better? / Female Or Male:Which Will You Like To Be Your First Child?