Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,344 members, 7,819,219 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? (1569 Views)

Must A Christian Speak In Tongue Before He Could Make Heaven? / Did God Want The Dana Flight To Crash? / Tithes - Does God Want The Tithes Of Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
MEILYN: lol, Leviticus 19 lmao. JUST KIDDING. But erm just read it lol..... Anyway i will pick Galatians 5:19-26.... Lol Obadiah Galatians 5:18 nnko? U skipped that one shey? grin grin
ermmm vs 18 dont have no virtues of living for a saved person wink
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
MEILYN: lol, Leviticus 19 lmao. JUST KIDDING. But erm just read it lol..... Anyway i will pick Galatians 5:19-26.... Lol Obadiah Galatians 5:18 nnko? U skipped that one shey? grin grin

I was thinking Exodus or Deuteronomy but uhm, my mind never crossed Leviticus but now that there is a 'Just Kidding'...Which one am I meant to do ??

Sorry for the stress, do you have others in mind, not necessarily evverything but just a few would do. Thanks again

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 27, 2013
ReineViolet:

Aaah goodness undecided, it means 'Top of the morning' cheesy

And no, I was referring to the old testament, the laws that were NOT DONE WITH(Par exemple, what not to eat....). But this ones good too, thanks all the same smiley smiley
ahhh ? top of the morning ? indeed. lol. was that french ? but ermm if you want the laws in the old testament they are scattered all throughout the first 5 books. you will have to read all 5 books thoroughly. apparently there are 613 laws altogether in those 5 books lol. OR you can make life easier on yourself and stick with the ones i gave you from the new testament. wink

genesis
exodus
leviticus
numbers
deuteronomy

2 Likes

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by MEILYN(m): 3:53pm On Oct 27, 2013
obadiah777: ahhh ? top of the morning ? indeed. lol. was that french ? but ermm if you want the laws in the old testament they are scattered all throughout the first 5 books. you will have to read all 5 books thoroughly. apparently there are 613 laws altogether in those 5 books lol. OR you can make life easier on yourself and stick with the ones i gave you from the new testament. wink

genesis
exodus
leviticus
numbers
deuteronomy

erm stick with this mam.

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by MEILYN(m): 3:57pm On Oct 27, 2013
"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies," (Galatians 5:19-20).

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith," (Galatians 5:21-22).

"Meekness, temperance: [against such there is no law.]" (Galatians 5:23).

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Oct 27, 2013
obadiah777: ahhh ? top of the morning ? indeed. lol. was that french ? but ermm if you want the laws in the old testament they are scattered all throughout the first 5 books. you will have to read all 5 books thoroughly. apparently there are 613 laws altogether in those 5 books lol. OR you can make life easier on yourself and stick with the ones i gave you from the new testament. wink

genesis
exodus
leviticus
numbers
deuteronomy

Yeah, it was french duh! tongue Haven't we gone through this before, and you brought up 'Hujambo' afterwards? cheesy

Lmao@ make my life easier. Oh I need both actually... Cause that's the foundation na. I know its 613 and I need it all still tongue First five? Thanks a bunch. Have a nice weekend end tongue cheesy cool

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:02pm On Oct 27, 2013
MEILYN: erm stick with this mam.

MEILYN: "Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies," (Galatians 5:19-20).

"Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith," (Galatians 5:21-22).

"Meekness, temperance: [against such there is no law.]" (Galatians 5:23).

Sure I will wink grin

Thank you all the same for your help, I appreciate

And Obadee too, Thanks for your help, I appreciate it grin cool

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2013
ReineViolet:

Yeah, it was french duh! tongue Haven't we gone through this before, and you brought up 'Hujambo' afterwards? cheesy

Lmao@ make my life easier. Oh I need both actually... Cause that's the foundation na. I know its 613 and I need it all still tongue First five? Thanks a bunch. Have a nice weekend end tongue cheesy cool
yup all first 5 books. all hidden and tucked away meaning you have to read it all thoroughly. 613 laws. most of which are not relevant now but ermm yeah suit yasef grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2013
obadiah777: yup all first 5 books. all hidden and tucked away meaning you have to read it all thoroughly. 613 laws. most of which are not relevant now but ermm yeah suit yasef grin

...And I will, thank you very much cool grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Oct 27, 2013
ReineViolet:

...And I will, thank you very much cool grin

ooooo nice suit. me likey. well tailored. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
Obadiah why u no wan get sense like this? As MOD why you go dey derail my thread with your jargon u and ur desciples u crasy? anywayz thanks for ur contribution.

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 27, 2013
obadiah777: ooooo nice suit. me likey. well tailored. grin grin

I know right! I saw it on Google Images, saw a better one though, but didn't know how to copy and past it here.

1 Like

Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by timothycel(m): 7:13pm On Oct 27, 2013
Paul discusses this very matter in Romans 9:6-23.

Some people are destined for destruction, we just dont know who.

We just have to try our best that it not be you, live accordingly etc. Then you may receive mercy.

But we cannot force the matter, its Gods choice.

We all buy clothes, shoes, a house, car etc. When we buy these things, we do so because we like them. But I can say with confidence that at some point or other we have had a change of heart and thrown away something which we previously liked but over time decided we didnt like it that much anymore. There are also somethings that we keep no matter how old and tattered because we like them.

Nobody calls you evil for discarding something you dont like anymore, no debate follows. Just like we own clothes etc and do as we wish with them, we are Gods property. God can do as he pleases.

I can imagine if my clothes started having opinions about me, negative ones at that. I wouldnt like those clothes so much.... We should choose our words and thoughts carefully with regards to God when discussing this topic.

"God’s Sovereign Choice

6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children. On the contrary, “It is through Isaac that your offspring will be reckoned.”[b] 8 In other words, it is not the children by physical descent who are God’s children, but it is the children of the promise who are regarded as Abraham’s offspring. 9 For this was how the promise was stated: “At the appointed time I will return, and Sarah will have a son.”[c]

10 Not only that, but Rebekah’s children were conceived at the same time by our father Isaac. 11 Yet, before the twins were born or had done anything good or bad—in order that God’s purpose in election might stand: 12 not by works but by him who calls—she was told, “The older will serve the younger.”[d] 13 Just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”[e]

14 What then shall we say? Is God unjust? Not at all! 15 For he says to Moses,

“I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.”[f]

16 It does not, therefore, depend on human desire or effort, but on God’s mercy. 17 For Scripture says to Pharaoh: “I raised you up for this very purpose, that I might display my power in you and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.”[g] 18 Therefore God has mercy on whom he wants to have mercy, and he hardens whom he wants to harden.

19 One of you will say to me: “Then why does God still blame us? For who is able to resist his will?” 20 But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”[h] 21 Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for special purposes and some for common use?

22 What if God, although choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his wrath—prepared for destruction? 23 What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his mercy, whom he prepared in advance for glory—"
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 27, 2013
Nolongthing1: Obadiah why u no wan get sense like this? As MOD why you go dey derail my thread with your jargon u and ur desciples u crasy? anywayz thanks for ur contribution.
my bad. no more derailing lol
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by quivah(f): 1:37pm On Oct 29, 2013
[size=18pt] LOL[/size]
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by amaralizzy40y: 6:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
God want everybdy to make heaven is neva his wil 4 any1 to be in hell fire cos he did nt create there 4 human being, but human being wil go 2 hel if d fal 2 obey his will.
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
God want everybdy to make heaven is neva his wil 4 any1 to be in hell fire cos he did nt create there 4 human being, but human being wil go 2 hel if d fal 2 obey his will.

Read the Op again.

If Humans have the ability to influence his will how then can his will be done?

If humans have not the ability to influence his will that means some people are already doomed to hell.

If his will is for everyone to be saved that means it's imperative everyone makes heaven that his will be fulfilled.
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
Double Post.
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by xamuell: 12:45am On Nov 03, 2019
quivah:

shatapp!!!!!!..

But could you kindly drop verses to support your claim?.
its in the book of revelations. Not sure of the exact chapter, but it speaks of a hundred and forty four thousand chosen ones. Read the book of revelations for some eye opening truths
Re: Does God Want Everyone To Make Heaven? by Kobojunkie: 8:05pm On Dec 06, 2023
If Yes that means no matter your sin you cannot go to hell because God's want is for you to make heaven because he is God is wants MUST be fulfilled as the definition of God would want us believe. If No then why doesn't God want everybody to make heaven? what is the criteria he used in selecting those he wants to make heaven?
Discussion Should be based on these
Assumptions
1.There is an anthropomorphic God as some world religions woul have us believe.
2. Either the bible or the Quran God Is Real
3.They are Omnipotent,Omniscient, Omnibenevolent and all the Omnis you can think of.
4.God's want must be fulfilled as the christians and muslims would have us believe that his wish is for us to make Heaven. Over To You.
The simple answer is no. undecided

To begin with, you don't even qualify at all for God of Israel's Heaven if you are not of the blood of Jacob. So there goes the idea that God wants everybody in His Kingdom.
23 But Jesus did not answer her. So the followers came to him and said, “Tell her to go away. She keeps crying out and will not leave us alone.”
24 Jesus answered, “God sent me only to the lost people[d] of Israel.” - Matthew 15 vs 23- 24
Even for those who have the blood of Jacob in their veins, there is the hurdle described by Jesus Christ when He spoke of how hard it is for one to become born-again aka enter into the Kingdom of God. undecided
23 Then said Jesus unto His disciples, “Verily I say unto you, that a rich man shall hardly enter into the Kingdom of Heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.”
25 When His disciples heard it, they were exceedingly amazed, saying, “Who then can be saved? - Matthew 19 vs 23-25
The message is reiterated in Mark 10...
24 And the disciples were astonished at His words, but Jesus answered again and said unto them, “Children, how hard is it for them that trust in riches to enter into the Kingdom of God!
25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.”
26 And they were astonished beyond measure, saying among themselves, “Who then can be saved?” - Mark 10 vs 24 - 26
... and in Luke 18.
24 And when Jesus saw that he was very sorrowful, He said, “How hardly shall they that have riches enter into the Kingdom of God!
25 For it is easier for a camel to go through a needle’s eye, than for a rich man to enter into the Kingdom of God.
26 And those who heard it said, “Who then can be saved?” - Luke 18 vs 24 - 26
Even after that, you have what Jesus Christ said of how even among those who enter, only a few will find and enter through the Narrow gate which leads to True Life(Jesus Christ) at the end. lipsrsealed
13 “You can enter true life only through the narrow gate. The gate to hell is very wide, and there is plenty of room on the road that leads there. Many people go that way.
14 But the gate that opens the way to true life is narrow. And the road that leads there is hard to follow. Only a few people find it. - Matthew 7 vs 13 - 14

As Jesus Christ made clear in Matthew 25 vs 31 - 46, not everyone will make it into the Kingdom of Heaven (Eternal Reward).

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Declares An End To Boko Haram. / SERMON JOTTERS: It's Your Due Season - Joel Osteen / Dating: Appropriate Or Inappropriate For Christians?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.