Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,225 members, 7,822,150 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (111) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1225436 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 2:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
adob16:
Nothing will hinder this recruitment exercise again.

It is settled!

GBAM!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 20, 2015
MaforBea:
Brotherly, just keep calm and thumb press Gej. Gej is not the cause of "stalled projects."

ok ma
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 3:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
adob16:
Nothing will hinder this recruitment exercise again.

It is settled!

You have Spoken Well

It's is going to be a Great Year for everyone with great possibilities in the positive direction.

Though Crude Oil dropped from $115 per barrel in June 2014 to less than $ 46 as at last week and the spot price of LNG crashed from $20 per million British Thermal Unit (mmbtu) in February 2014 to less than $10 per mmbtu as at December 2014. Sure Cost reduction comes into play due to the decrease in profitability of the business. But be rest assured friends that the recruitment process wont be affected or cancelled because of that. In every company and multinational there is room for strategic succession planning. No matter how things go there is always room for new entrants which are the future of the company. Infact that is one of the major drive for recruitment. Unless the company is winding-up which isn't foreseeable for a global giant like LNG. For example if the economy is bad , it doesn't stop parents from giving birth to Children, the only thing is caution as to the number of children. The key thing is that CHILDREN MUST BE GIVEN BIRTH TO.

Secondly ,LNG sales is in Dollars which is more stronger locally than the naira due to the recent devaluation of naira by the CBN. Thus making it cheaper for the Company to take care of local operating costs. There is room, I am optimistic about that , however Let me reserve other comments in this regard at this junction.

Conclusively the major threat to the recruitment exercise from my perspective is the outcome of the election. Irrespective of whether GMB or GEJ wins is highly immaterial to the process. The main thing we need be concerned about is that LET THERE BE PEACE AFTER THE ELECTION especially in the NIGER-DELTA region. So Pray if you can.

Keep the Hopes High Friends. Believe God for the best.

All is WELL.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jan 20, 2015
@Collintos
".. For example if the
economy is bad , it doesn't stop parents from
giving birth to Children, the only thing is caution
as to the number of children... "

So there's now the very real possibility that if 200 was planned to make it to induction, that number might be significantly reduced?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Can we not discuss politics here? If we must, can we speak like learned and potential NLNG employees not some street rags or market women? Just saying.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by DMainMan: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
I pray bad nothing happens o. I can still remember aw my bro lamented in NNPC 2008 recruitment which was cancelled after interview
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 7:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
denass16:
Can we not discuss politics here? If we must, can we speak like learned and potential NLNG employees not some street rags or market women? Just saying.

Ghen Ghen... ok
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Collintos: 8:10pm On Jan 20, 2015
WizardofOz1:
@Collintos
".. For example if the
economy is bad , it doesn't stop parents from
giving birth to Children, the only thing is caution
as to the number of children... "

So there's now the very real possibility that if 200 was planned to make it to induction, that number might be significantly reduced?

Oooh..An intelligent questn @ wizard of oz

It won't be proper or necessary to quote figures here, however the reality of the economic variables surrounding dat industry may give u a clue to the answer to your question. .. undecided

All d best man...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by SQLmastar(m): 10:54pm On Jan 20, 2015
MaforBea:
Brotherly, just keep calm and thumb press Gej. Gej is not the cause of "stalled projects."

plz remove those scales from ya eyes.
All those projects were stalled due to CLuelessness…

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 12:12am On Jan 21, 2015

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
So u believe the recruiters in NLNG aren't fair in their recruitment, and by extention the entire company yet you are willing to work with it? Why is that?

airsaylongcon:

Worse if Buhari wins. Northern SSCE holders will just replace all of us #showUsYourCertificate
Modified
If not for Ebola we should have been home and dry on this. Are you saying with Jonathan there at the height of this screening process you honestly believe it was a charade? Let politics not be cloud our lucid judgements o.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ernike: 2:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
Getting past early Q1, Hoping AC invite should have rolled in by now. So am forced 2 ask again; Which way NLNG? cry

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Prinzofparis: 4:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
ernike:
Getting past early Q1, Hoping AC invite should have rolled in by now. So am forced 2 ask again; Which way NLNG? cry
If I remember the Nigeria LNG advisory mail, they said details of the AC that will hold in late Q1, 2015 will be communicated to us IN THE EARLY PARTS OF 2015 and not early parts of Q1, 2015.
We are still in the early parts of 2015 my brother. They will invite when they will (not like we will charge them to court if they don't). Let's pray whatever happens in February does not impact 'late Q1, 2015' negatively.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by FGUN14: 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
We are now approaching Mid-Q1, and in about a month time, late Q1. Whichever way, we are closer to our destination than when we first began this journey.

In related news,
http:///dkhpXTQ

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by stacydual: 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Wow! can't believe this thread is still alive.
Hope you guys have been good. I don't know what has gone down since I left; but seems it has to do with politics.
For me; Jonathan should continue the next 4 years. As for buhari, I was brought into this world years after his military regime, so I just can judge him with hear-says and researches I do online.
The honest truth is Apc should have used candidates who have done well in a particular position recently to challenge Pdp, because Nigeria is still a developing nation and this generation will be confused with the stories of Buhari and will rather not vote.
Well, I have another course to attend so I won't even be around for the election.

But I do not think it will affect the recruitment, if Goodluck wins, MAYBE the recruitment process will continue normal as it has because it started Nov,2013, which was during this present administration. If Buhari wins, MAYBE the recruitment might be altered...

In as much as I never registered to vote or had any interest in politics; If I were to vote, I will take all calculated risks and assessment of Jonathan and Buhari and I will go for Jonathan not because he's a lesser evil or better angel but because during the course of my life, he's a better president than the rest.

But if I were to campaign for anyone, it will be.
"Do not vote for APC and PDP during presidential election!"
"Vote for APA or UDP or any of those smaller parties"

REASON: So if lets say APA or UDP wins presidential election, the shock PDP and APC will get, there will be total wipe out of these old politicians, and these new parties will grow without accepting bad ones from either of APC or PDP. It is still the same set of people that are migrating from PDP to APC and back to PDP.

FYI: If PDP or APC wins their will still be court cases everywhere, imagine if any of the smaller parties wins, how and where can they start laying accusations.

ADVICE: Do not stress or kill yourself for politicians, they care less about your individual being! Its just a collective care! Even in USA, people will support but will not stress themselves for them. In USA U can stress yourself for your own human rights not politicians.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
FGUN14:
We are now approaching Mid-Q1, and in about a month time, late Q1. Whichever way, we are closer to our destination than when we first began this journey.

In related news,
http:///dkhpXTQ

Thanks for sharing. Interesting slide..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
stacydual:
Wow! can't believe this thread is still alive.
Hope you guys have been good. I don't know what has gone down since I left; but seems it has to do with politics.
For me; Jonathan should continue the next 4 years. As for buhari, I was brought into this world years after his military regime, so I just can judge him with hear-says and researches I do online.
The honest truth is Apc should have used candidates who have done well in a particular position recently to challenge Pdp, because Nigeria is still a developing nation and this generation will be confused with the stories of Buhari and will rather not vote.
Well, I have another course to attend so I won't even be around for the election.

But I do not think it will affect the recruitment, if Goodluck wins, MAYBE the recruitment process will continue normal as it has because it started Nov,2013, which was during this present administration. If Buhari wins, MAYBE the recruitment might be altered...

In as much as I never registered to vote or had any interest in politics; If I were to vote, I will take all calculated risks and assessment of Jonathan and Buhari and I will go for Jonathan not because he's a lesser evil or better angel but because during the course of my life, he's a better president than the rest.

But if I were to campaign for anyone, it will be.
"Do not vote for APC and PDP during presidential election!"
"Vote for APA or UDP or any of those smaller parties"

REASON: So if lets say APA or UDP wins presidential election, the shock PDP and APC will get, there will be total wipe out of these old politicians, and these new parties will grow without accepting bad ones from either of APC or PDP. It is still the same set of people that are migrating from PDP to APC and back to PDP.

FYI: If PDP or APC wins their will still be court cases everywhere, imagine if any of the smaller parties wins, how and where can they start laying accusations.

ADVICE: Do not stress or kill yourself for politicians, they care less about your individual being! Its just a collective care! Even in USA, people will support but will not stress themselves for them. In USA U can stress yourself for your own human rights not politicians.
Thank you ma , I see you just came off the teenage years not too long . @ bolded , this is why we are Nigerians and not Americans. The black Americans once fought and died for rights , it is never new .am sure if you go through history , you would know America is well over 300 years hence am sure they passed through this. Nigerians are only concerned about the future and not the now. lastly , it is not about the party but the individual. voting for a less popular party does not equate a credible candidate. Thank you for your input once again
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 6:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
denass16:
So u believe the recruiters in NLNG aren't fair in their recruitment, and by extention the entire company yet you are willing to work with it? Why is that?

U have misunderstood my post. Someone said if Goodluck wins then we might as well kiss this job goodbye. My argument is that if not for Ebola this recruitment would have been long concluded with Goodluck as president. Is that person insinuating therefore that the whole recruitment was an "immigration exercise"
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
airsaylongcon:

U have misunderstood my post. Someone said if Goodluck wins then we might as well kiss this job goodbye. My argument is that if not for Ebola this recruitment would have been long concluded with Goodluck as president. Is that person insinuating therefore that the whole recruitment was an "immigration exercise"
ebola is not the sole reason for the delay.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by stacydual: 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
majekdom2:
Thank you ma , I see you just came off the teenage years not too long . @ bolded , this is why we are Nigerians and not Americans. The black Americans once fought and died for rights , it is never new .am sure if you go through history , you would know America is well over 300 years hence am sure they passed through this. Nigerians are only concerned about the future and not the now. lastly , it is not about the party but the individual. voting for a less popular party does not equate a credible candidate. Thank you for your input once again

Majekdom2 I am glad you saw it through that I just came off my teenage years and I am grateful to be on this platform sharing ideas as we atleast are of the same age group in the recruitment exercise.

You made these comments: "The black Americans once fought and died for rights , it is never new .am sure if you go through history , you would know America is well over 300 years hence am sure they passed through this."
I just want us to go through them in alignment to my own previous comments that I guess you read and quoted.

(TO make it interesting to other readers, U denotes Majekdom; I denotes Stacydual.)

U: The black Americans once fought and died for rights , it is never new.
I: In USA U can stress yourself for your own human rights not politicians.
Portrays: We are saying the same thing on human rights, not Politician rights!

U: am sure if you go through history , you would know America is well over 300 years hence am sure they passed through this.
I: As for buhari, I was brought into this world years after his military regime, so I just can judge him with hear-says and researches I do online.
Portrays: I have done a research/history on the other candidate but still cant judge him. and You have done no research on the American history but prefer to assume they passed through this.

Now what is the "this" they passed through?
For those who have read the history as I have, can testify it is not in line with the Nigerian situation.
Let us not use the word corruption to give this country's challenges a single problem.... Based on history, USA faced the following:
Wealth being held by not more than 10 persons
The mining of minerals especially Steel!
Commingling of some states and empowering only few from the affected state (Thats where the issue of W. Indies started)
Then came influx of slavery for these hardworks, then came electricity generation which made a family super rich, then different races fighting to be the true Americans, A certain Man was even richer than the country that he can could lend his country money, then the blacks, etc.... I aint explicit for a reason, hoping you can do the research because I just came out of my teenage years not long ago and do not want to sound like I wanna mislead my Age grades.

I will assume we all know Nigerian history down to the present; which shows the challenges are centered on:

Amalgamation of Nigeria
Too much Ethnic group, languages and culture
Religion
Lack of proper information (Not necessarily just education)
Oil and Gas
Exposure and open-minded reasoning or argument.

Now do we have to follow USA template or tackle things presently and "futuristically" and that is why I made the following statements:

Meaning; to kick all old politicians away and shock them by giving them no room to keep doing the usual (Win/Lose - Keep filling court cases), and let the new parties operate carefully and always seed out the bad ones ("AND THESE NEW PARTIES WILL GROW WITHOUT ACCEPTING BAD ONES"wink.

The content is not meant to offend any persons or individual or institution but just my own way of "Newly-Off-teenage years expression and discussion"

@ FGUN14 and WIZARDofOZ: The presentation was nice... Thanks for sharing. Try and get your hands on the 3 days Offshore west Africa presentations which just ended yesterday it is very informative, I just have hard copies and disks but they should post some vital info online, you can google them, the program is been conducted by pennwell.

Cheers Ladies and gentlemen.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
@stacydual
Thanks, will check it out..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Maam stacydual , I could not read thru ur long epistle as I dont seem to understand your argument..... just wanna make my points clear . If your thought is the politcians don't care about you , then you saying the government don't do . I guess you should forget about this recruitment then . I made reference to the US as you did just to let you know as individuals have got different paths to greatness same is it with nations. it will do us well if we stop comparing Nigeria to the western countries at all times. age , ethnicity, religion is never a yardstick for performance in governance. The change we talking comes from your thoughts and the way you see things . If I may ask you , aside the pay and career prospect , why do you wish to work for NLNG ? To contibute your service to the nation I guess. No one is killing for any politician , people are only envisaging change thats all . you should do well to check on statements used.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 9:37pm On Jan 23, 2015
majekdom2:
ebola is not the sole reason for the delay.
Please I take God beg u tell us the tire reason. We wey no get inside tips go like know
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Cherez: 9:42pm On Jan 23, 2015
Good one there Stacydual. However, I stand with Mr Majekdom2 that US passed same history like us. The US congress had terrible fights within themselves n a good eg was during d debate on BLACK before Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. But I CONDEMN IN STRONG TERMS MAJEKDOM's strong word use. Its quite a pity that he said that to u n that's Y I believe we shouldn't talk about politics here cos our ppl breed hate with it.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by stacydual: 10:18pm On Jan 23, 2015
Majekdom2
I'm not used to commenting and nairaland but since I'm on holidays for a week, I think I'm gonna enjoy this.
(Mind you, we just sharing Ideas and having fun, no hard feelings or provocation meant)

Atleast you know I am no supporter of any of pdp or apc, Neither am I interested in the election.

Some people say change but I ask change from what to what?
It is still the same circle of people that we are just recycling.
I have not spent so much time in Nigeria but with the little I have, I was opportuned to spend some times in Lagos, Portharcourt, Akwa Ibom, Abuja and Kaduna.
So am going assume based on my little knowledge:
In Lagos the things people say about Tinubu I don't know how true or false it is but I can assume they mean he's corrupt.
Portharcourt they talk about Amaechi.
Abuja and Kaduna: Jonathan, Buhari, Kwankwaso, Obi, all other corrupt names, etc.

I understand you support Buhari and I aint here to convince or support any of him or jonathan.
Now let's be honest, apart from Buhari and Jonathan which other presidential candidate do you know his capabilities? I myself do not know anyways, but my aim of saying "WE" should ditch both is to see the good in the others and their parties who have not been dented with corruption and bad images yet.
Out of contest, Try to imagine Apc and Pdps reaction if Undp or AA win the presidential election; at least their will be peace and rest for sometime and believe me AA or undp will ensure they rule well and reduce corruption.

If we exclude Insurgency (Please let's not go into BH because its too deep), the present government has tried with the completed projects and on-going. Yes there's corruption! no doubt.
But nigeria is among the top 5 fastest developing nation in 2015 (based on statistics carried out by CNN with 2014 projects and infrastructural development).
So jonathan is not clueless but has some corrupt-driven people around him; which to me is exactly the same thing that applies to buhari.
So I want to believe the reason some people want Buhari is to fight corruption, but the bitter truth is he can't do it with the people sponsoring him. But I guess Nigerians believe in Trial and error only, so they should keep trying, maybe Jonathan/Buhari will work one day.

You made a point that made me believe your enlightened and reasonable to quite a good level to exchange Ideas with, which is:
"If I may ask you , aside the pay and career prospect , why do you
wish to work for NLNG ? To
contibute your service to the
nation I guess."

Well, my career I think is on the right track and will still be on the right track if I join nlng. With all honesty my 1st consideration are the pay and a conducive working environments; which will all lead to contributing POSITIVELY to the nation as I'm tired of traveling all around the world in the name of working for a company acquiring projects all over the world without thinking that the younger ones will also need to settle down one day.

Which ministries can you give credit to in this present administrations?

For me: Agriculture, Finance, Education and power (I don't know where Sure-P and YouWin fall into but they have performed well to my own personal satisfaction)!

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:38am On Jan 24, 2015
Cherez:
Good one there Stacydual. However, I stand with Mr Majekdom2 that US passed same history like us. The US congress had terrible fights within themselves n a good eg was during d debate on BLACK before Abraham Lincoln was assassinated. But I CONDEMN IN STRONG TERMS MAJEKDOM's strong word use. Its quite a pity that he said that to u n that's Y I believe we shouldn't talk about politics here cos our ppl breed hate with it.
I dont understand what you mean by strong words .... My response to her posts may sound hard as I am not an indivdual who comes to a conclusion by mere hear talks . if I hear buhari was this and that before I was born , I would not condemn him until I give him a try as I understand opinion differs.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 24, 2015
stacydual , we can sure hold a chat sometime but not on here . I would like to stick to the reason why this thread was created. Am only a supporter of buhari because of the party he belongs to as I feel they got something to offer . yes , these two parties are corrupt but @ least one has got the interest of the people at heart. I really am not ok talking politics on here . Thank God you are well travelled , what rating will you give the newly built universities and re novated airports . The projects dont even match up to international standards. I dont know why you said sure p and youwin are great projects . you should ask ambitious graduates in Nigeria what they feel about the sure p thing. The truth is if the incumbent had governed well , the opposition can never be as strong as it is now . you never can tell what a less popular party can do , they may do worse.anways , I wish Nigerians the best in the coming elections. peace.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by scarletdp(m): 8:48am On Jan 24, 2015
And they finally brought politics here.... smh

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Lewinskee: 9:09am On Jan 24, 2015
Stacydual, Pride goeth before a fall. I remember the last time you came, you were bragging about how young you are. Now, you are reiterating it and also telling us about how you've been globetrotting on certain projects. REALLY Can you please stop?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by kakashi12(m): 9:18am On Jan 24, 2015
Lewinskee:
Stacydual, Pride goeth before a fall. I remember the last time you came, you were bragging about how young you are. Now, you are reiterating it and also telling us about how you've been globetrotting on certain projects. REALLY Can you please stop?
they are discussing politics and your worried about a person's personal life... Hmmmmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) (114) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.