Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,548 members, 7,847,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 02:17 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1228583 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 6:19am On Jan 26, 2016
Prinzofparis:
hmmmmm

is this true?
so they really want to send regret mails first as rumoured..oh my poor balls!!!!!

so it wasn't a rumour afterall.,...just some months late
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 11:58am On Jan 26, 2016
Guys, guys, play nice.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Switlife: 12:53pm On Jan 26, 2016
Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with
salt, that ye may know how ye ought to answer every
man.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 1:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
Closer to the goal, yet don't know if it's an hour away or 6 months away. To those who have closure, stay strong, regroup and relaunch with even more optimism.

NLNG had an optimal figure to be recruited, say 130; before all the uncertainties crept in. If they still have up to say 200 in the race that'll still be unfair. They should act similar as they did with the EHs, put on waiting list in April and invited for medicals in November.

For those who don't know, the company's survival strategy in the LNG market is increased market share, hence the train 7 and this recruitment. FID unsigned, yeah, but there's no capacity for survival without increased market share, inspite of the present oil bust. All I'm saying, they need a certain number for quality operation and that number won't change ( especially technical people, they cannot reduce required number of GTs).

Summary of my fears, how soon is NLNGs soon and a mail saying waiting list is better than this process ongoing. Let the wait be when will I resume, not did I scale through.

Show you care.....

6 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
Take it easy guys.
artmedia:
So how does that affect you pls?
Dfavouredone:

And how does my comment affect you too?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 1:37pm On Jan 26, 2016
dway4ward:

[NLNG's] survival strategy in the LNG market is increased market share, hence the train 7 and this recruitment. FID unsigned, yeah, but there's no capacity for survival without increased market share

My question is this, "Is train 7 the only way to increase market share?"

I'm coming from the manufacturing sector and the level of optimisation there is supremely high. If you don't maximise production with what you got your competitor will chase you out of the market. My limited knowledge of most oil & gas firms is that they do not optimise production. I worked with a manager at a major manufacturing multinational. He was a superstar performer and got poached my an oil major. I asked him when I saw him recently what he misses about his previous place. He said he will tell me what he doesn't miss, the considerably lower salary. But he says oil and gas can do more by squeezing all the juice out of their investment. But because price are soooooooooooooooo much more (or rather were so much more) than costs nobody cares about production maximisation.

I think (my opinion) that there are other means to maximise market share other than train 7. Train 7 is just the easiest route

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ceetee: 1:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
dway4ward:
Closer to the goal, yet don't know if it's an hour away or 6 months away. To those who have closure, stay strong, regroup and relaunch with even more optimism.

NLNG had an optimal figure to be recruited, say 130; before all the uncertainties crept in. If they still have up to say 200 in the race that'll still be unfair. They should act similar as they did with the EHs, put on waiting list in April and invited for medicals in November.

For those who don't know, the company's survival strategy in the LNG market is increased market share, hence the train 7 and this recruitment. FID unsigned, yeah, but there's no capacity for survival without increased market share, inspite of the present oil bust. All I'm saying, they need a certain number for quality operation and that number won't change ( especially technical people, they cannot reduce required number of GTs).

Summary of my fears, how soon is NLNGs soon and a mail saying waiting list is better than this process ongoing. Let the wait be when will I resume, not did I scale through.

Show you care.....
Finally someone is speaking about the crux of the matter which is how long is “due course”. They didn’t even say soon or quarter something.
No sure if we are any closer to our goal, they just sent the mail so we don’t bombard their recruitment email. Lol
130 GTs= wishful thinking ^2
I have heard this train 7 issue for a while here but I’m convinced it has nothing to do with this exercise. I posed a question relating to the proposed train to my assessors during CBI and they said that it has nothing to do with it that the need to recruit “because people retire every day, leave the company, and they the need to employ periodically cos the last set of GTs have finished their training and have been moved up”
My thought- don’t think they can wait-list GTs cos we undergo training, conducting the training more than once isn’t cost effective at all. EHs go straight into their role so they can be wait-listed depending on availability.
My man @artmedia ur source is so on point. When the effect of yesterday’s correspondence wears off we will get back to him. 
@Saved2Serve have you had ur medicals.
@tk4rd how far? you refreshed your inbox and stayed refreshed
To friends who got the dreaded mail (esp. whatsupguys) take heart I can imagine how disappointing it is.
To the EHs resuming on Monday, I wish u successful careers.
Father let your will be done.

9 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:

My question is this, "Is train 7 the only way to increase market share?"

I'm coming from the manufacturing sector and the level of optimisation there is supremely high. If you don't maximise production with what you got your competitor will chase you out of the market. My limited knowledge of most oil & gas firms is that they do not optimise production. I worked with a manager at a major manufacturing multinational. He was a superstar performer and got poached my an oil major. I asked him when I saw him recently what he misses about his previous place. He said he will tell me what he doesn't miss, the considerably lower salary. But he says oil and gas can do more by squeezing all the juice out of their investment. But because price are soooooooooooooooo much more (or rather were so much more) than costs nobody cares about production maximisation.

I think (my opinion) that there are other means to maximise market share other than train 7. Train 7 is just the easiest route
I totally disagree with you.Production optimization is key to every energy project.Right from reservoir analysis to well completion and then production. unlike the manufacturing sector where you squeeze every thing from what you have to optimize, The energy industry is one where you are careful not to damage by squeezing out rather understand what level would be profitable and then invest in other projects. Tho, the two industry are similar but there are loads of differences...there is no competitor in the oil and gas industry per say . A barrel of oil sells for the same price. There is no Total's oil or shell's oil. You either have light or heavy, sweet or sour. This is natural. One particular oil is not unique to a company unlike the FMCGS. Projects may be developed by more than one E and P company e.g LNG where you have shell , Total and ENI. I am not sure reckit beckinser would work with procter and gamble to design pampers.I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2016
majekdom2:
I totally disagree with you.Production optimization is key to every energy project.Right from reservoir analysis to well completion and then production. unlike the manufacturing sector where you squeeze every thing from what you have to optimize, The energy industry is one where you are careful not to damage by squeezing out rather understand what level would be profitable and then invest in other projects. Tho, the two industry are similar but there are loads of differences...there is no competitor in the oil and gas industry per say . A barrel of oil sells for the same price. There is no Total's oil or shell's oil. You either have light or heavy, sweet or sour. This is natural. One particular oil is not unique to a company unlike the FMCGS. Projects may be developed by more than one E and P company e.g LNG where you have shell , Total and ENI. I am not sure reckit beckinser would work with procter and gamble to design pampers.I hope this helps.

Point noted
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 4:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
I do not know the figures, but I believe NLNG plants are operating close to capacity. Whatever gains that can emanate from squeezing out more capacity, risks putting the facility in the red zone; whereas there is the capacity to expand the system and maintain optimal operations.

The suggestion of squeezing more out, is akin to a manager who works a production line hard with little maintenance, boosting immediate profits and gets promoted. Once the systems start to break down after handover, all profit will be lost & new manager will look incompetent.

Some technological changes might improve capacity yeah, but that will not make a mark in the market. Also, let's think big now, this is playing in the world market. Australia will have almost 80 million metric tonnes by 2020, and we once had more capacity than them. Others are leaving us behind.

airsaylongcon:

Surely P&G will not work with RB to develop diapers. But Pfizer will work with May&Baker to develop an AIDS vaccine. I understand you point though that there's no product differentiation in oil and gas. And that might be a problem (I'm a not so knowledgeable so forgive me if I dey misyan). The fact that Duracell is considered superior to say Tiger head means that P&G will do everything to continually be ahead. But then again we arguing apples and oranges as manufacturers make finished products while oil&gas are raw materials. Nobody really cares if the cocoa beans used to make mars comes from Ghana or Ivory Coast.

As long as BS&W requirements are met the oil companies are just interested in pumping out the barrels as long as it's profitable.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by vantage7: 5:04pm On Jan 26, 2016
Okay, let me add my own conjecture to the discourse. I say the ones that got the "still in the running" mail make up the number of GTs NLNG originally planned to take in subject to passing a medical. Now however, given the economic situation they've realized they might need to cut down on that number. So now they're facing a number of options:
1. Be bold in the face of economic adversity and employ all, focusing on planning for the future of the company.
2. Employ some and wait-list the rest for such a time when things will begin to look up in the industry (even though some here have made reasonable arguments against the logic of wait-listing GT candidates)
3. Trim down the number of intakes outright which means some who got the "still in the running" mail will get a regret mail eventually.

And in the case of option 2 or 3, how do they intend to make the final selection? On what basis? Do they simply raise the cutoff (perhaps per department and also based on FC if it is in play)? Or will they create yet another assessment stage?

Like I said This is just open-minded conjecture so feel free to strike out any highly improbable scenario with good reasons.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 5:12pm On Jan 26, 2016
This is where all the knowledge and experience garnered by the NLNG leadership should come in play. Will they take a short-termist decision because of present economic clime? Or will it be a decision in line with their own original market strategy?

Note: typical Nigerian companies always think short-term and is why they typically do not survive generational change.

NLNG management has to define a company strategy and stick to it, else it could precipitate unhealthy organizational practices in the future and ultimately ruin. So many cannot see it, because so many think short term.

vantage7:
Okay, let me add my own conjecture to the discourse. I say the ones that got the "still in the running" mail make up the number of GTs NLNG originally planned to take in subject to passing a medical. Now however, given the economic situation they've realized they might need to cut down on that number. So now they're facing a number of options:
1. Be bold in the face of economic adversity and employ all, focusing on planning for the future of the company.
2. Employ some and wait-list the rest for such a time when things will begin to look up in the industry (even though some here have made reasonable arguments against the logic of wait-listing GT candidates)
3. Trim down the number of intakes outright which means some who got the "still in the running" mail will get a regret mail eventually.

And in the case of option 2 or 3, how do they intend to make the final selection? On what basis? Do they simply raise the cutoff (perhaps per department and also based on FC if it is in play)? Or will they create yet another assessment stage?

Like I said This is just open-minded conjecture so feel free to strike out any highly improbable scenario with good reasons.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 5:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
NLNG go tire for this set of old papa and mama GTs. Una get mouth

3 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 6:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
airsaylongcon:
NLNG go tire for this set of old papa and mama GTs. Una get mouth

I'm telling you.

A big Tuesday S/O to the NLNG silent observers enjoying these arguments as it tilts left and right, back and front. You guys must be relishing the view from there as company's decisions and motives are being analysed. From there, drawing deductions and making projections... all done with the limited info within reach.

I dey hail una o wink!...

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by princewealth: 6:58pm On Jan 26, 2016
Wow!
Finally, my T Fee paid. I done get alert Godwin.

Still on the

those of us with awaiting result. thank God.
those that weren't that fortunate, u guys are still the best. don't feel less of yourself.

let's give Nlng 6 months to arrange matter OK.
The economic prospect is kind of complicated n dependent on some independent situations. to forecast the future trend now be Beans oooooo.
Guess what, even the recent lake Chad exploration for oil, the the current government embarked upon isn't helping matter, as the resources that ought to b channelled to train 7 project is somehow used otherwise.

No matter what happens, pls b patient and don't even show attitude in your current workplace.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 26, 2016
Is anyone yet to receive the reimbursement?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 7:40pm On Jan 26, 2016
okoope:
Is anyone yet to receive the reimbursement?

Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!

I just tire
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2016
Just trying to do a bit of comparison between this thread and the one for 2007. Seems like we have more 'supposed successful' followers here than they had on the 2007 thread. Well, kudos to all who received the mails, however the content. We are all superb. Everyone that reached the AC is irrefutably good. I respect one and all of you. # I still believe in Jah's undeserved kindness

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2016
Valid arguments up there...but there are more important things like..."Where is LadyF, NanaF, tk4rd,...?". Just showing "Care" smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 26, 2016
4mula22:

Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!
Me!

I just tire

I was thinking it is those that would scale through they didn't pay because halliburton did exactly that 2013. Paid those that did not get to the last stage 5k soon after the skills test and paid 10k to those that got to the last stage.

Maybe I was wrong, I wouldn't know. I pray That hypothesis should be wrong.

Infact I was wrong. God You are the Disposer of all affairs. I ll keep believing in You, I ll keep relying on You and I ll keep trusting You.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by 4mula22(m): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2016
ItsTime4me:
Just trying to do a bit of comparison between this thread and the one for 2007. Seems like we have more 'supposed successful' followers here than they had on the 2007 thread. Well, kudos to all who received the mails, however the content. We are all superb. Everyone that reached the AC is irrefutably good. I respect one and all of you. # I still believe in Jah's undeserved kindness

2007.... My early university years.... People been still dey learn how to browse.

Abi na Nokia 3310 u wan take post for nairaland?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 8:42pm On Jan 26, 2016
valid
adenitemi:
Valid arguments up there...but there are more important things like..."Where is LadyF, NanaF, tk4rd,...?". Just showing "Care" smiley
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by NanaF: 8:45pm On Jan 26, 2016
adenitemi:

Thanks for your care. If you read through my posts you'll see that I didn't get the 'regret mail', if you really care about the others mentioned you can send them a PM.

Even if I get a regret mail, it is
1) none of your business
2) none of your business
3) none of your business

Mind your business and don't get pompous prematurely.

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by GetPosted: 8:49pm On Jan 26, 2016
vantage7:
That only a few people came here and said they got regret mails doesn't mean they were only a few in total. 100% of the people I know personally that did AC got regret mails.
I echo your view.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 9:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
vantage7:

I think their best option is 1. Before a company would initiate such a recruitment process it must have carefully analysed the need for it inline with its sustainability plan. You recruit because you want your company to survive into the future so the major factors driving recruitment should be long term. From history we know that oil prices behave cyclically meaning that the current fall in process will only last for the short term. Prices will definitely go back up and when they do only companies that are prepared with the right set of both human and capital resources will thrive. NLNG shud stick to their initial plan and take the number they planned from onset.
The reasons given by someone above clearly explains why option 2 may not be a so great idea but if the company decides to adopt this it is still not so bad.

Adopting options 3 is a disaster for a supposed world class company because it will only mean that the NLNG mgt embarked on this recruitment process without carefully aligning its purpose with the companies goals. Furthermore it will make a mockery of whatever damage control they are trying to do by giving the unsuccessful candidates closure on the progress of their recruitment because it will mean that more candidates will be getting regret mails in the near or far future depending on when they decide to call.

I'm sure our discourse here is being monitored by the recruitment team so I encourage all to contribute meaningfully to this topic. Maybe our good arguments will aid the team in making the right call.

Once again congrats to those who still kindle the hope and all the best to those who have left us at this stage.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 10:48pm On Jan 26, 2016
Dude, please there is no need for names calling. Absolutely not necessary. Whoever wants to disclose his status or not is as free as the air to do as he so desires. You may not have a wrong motive for wanting to know a person's status, but you may be misunderstood. Like someone suggested, a pm may just suffice.
adenitemi:
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
hehehe P.T.O guys grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.