Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,287 members, 7,853,358 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 03:08 PM

2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee - Jobs/Vacancies (238) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee (1229427 Views)

Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) Ongoing Recruitment / Vacancy At Nigeria Liquefied Nigerian Gas (NLNG) / Kpmg Graduate Trainee Aptitude Test 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (349) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 10:55pm On Jan 26, 2016
Adenitemi thanks kiss I have been fine. Great day here today, 2 FTCs, countless FPs, I've seen better days but this is good stats grin Thanks for your concern. I actually decided to stop commenting this 2016 since NLNG decided to stay mute. Tk4 is doing good too, we send our regards to everyone. kiss kiss kiss

I wish everyone the best in their future endeavours. I don launch new page sha grin

It's [size=15pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 11:22pm On Jan 26, 2016
ladyF:
Adenitemi thanks kiss I have been fine. Great day here today, 2 FTCs, countless FPs, I've seen better days but this is good stats grin Thanks for your concern. I actually decided to stop commenting this 2016 since NLNG decided to stay mute. Tk4 is doing good too, we send our regards to everyone. kiss kiss kiss

I wish everyone the best in their future endeavours. I don launch new page sha grin

Lol.. your husband go try.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 6:17am On Jan 27, 2016
ladyF:

lol,...u b community problem I swear.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by adenitemi: 7:11am On Jan 27, 2016
ladyF:

Hehe. Nice to know LadyF. If I knew all the monikers that I used to enjoy their comments by heart, I for mention all. So make nobody vex, abeg. Didn't even set out to know status or anything.

This one wey LadyF don dey use "we" for herself and tk4 (she even shorten am from tk4rd), ermmmm... I suspect that ermmmm... Gist us naa... wink grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by PresVA: 7:32am On Jan 27, 2016
dway4ward:
This is where all the knowledge and experience garnered by the NLNG leadership should come in play. Will they take a short-termist decision because of present economic clime? Or will it be a decision in line with their own original market strategy?

Note: typical Nigerian companies always think short-term and is why they typically do not survive generational change.

NLNG management has to define a company strategy and stick to it, else it could precipitate unhealthy organizational practices in the future and ultimately ruin. So many cannot see it, because so many think short term.
I really don't understand you guys.. so you're saying the present economic situation isn't enough reason to reduce the number of intakes or delay the recruitment? Really? How do they cater for all the intakes given the situation? Shell, Chevron etc have sacked so many staff members, does it mean they don't have plans for the future? Or the sacked staff weren't productive? undecided How can you put your company at the mercy of an uncertain future? If your revenue generation declines, you have to find ways to reduce costs immediately. .or you want them to fund the administrative costs from their reserves? undecided .... If in the future things change and they need more hands, they can always employ.. Companies that were earning maybe trillions, now earn billions and you're telling them to act like everything is ok? How many oil companies are recruiting at this time? Many have put theirs on hold.. Oil price is fast declining and you're telling them to incur more expenses? When they should be looking for ways to cut costs. . Besides, they have many productive staff; not like no staff already..

You're just being sentimental if you say the current situation isn't enough reason for delay or whatever.. it's just unfortunate the oil price saga is happening at this time... You guys should just be patient...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by LeoDiVinci: 9:44am On Jan 27, 2016
@PresVA

Well, what you've said is fact. But you for just tell people wey don dey in suspense going to 3 years wit luv... grin you for rub people head here dey talk am.. ee no easy naa.

You know like when one spanks a child and then cuddles same when s/he starts bawling.

You just barge in here! angry dey tell people d bitter fact korokoro... oga ee too harsh naa. grin

Say the fact wit luv! angry

*ToTheShadows

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 1:15pm On Jan 27, 2016
Tons of hypotheses! Interesting e-mail... No mention of success no mention as to them getting back to us soon rather they used the phrase "due course". Errrmmm when is due course? when price of oil goes up? NLNG...
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dway4ward: 2:20pm On Jan 27, 2016
This here breathes life into the Q3/Q4 gist.

Nlng2014:
To those who got closure. Life has a whole lot to offer.

For those still in the running, do you think you know what patience is yet?

Think again.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by epic5: 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2016
GetPosted:

I echo your view.

True talk, the only two guys I know got a regret mail as well. N/B: These were proven good sharp guys.

Interesting how those with wait' mails wish the whole world got a regret mail. Desperate Desperados!!
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Djbaka(m): 3:50pm On Jan 27, 2016
epic5:

True talk, the only two guys I know got a regret mail as well. N/B: These were proven good sharp guys.

Interesting how those with wait' mails wish the whole world got a regret mail. Desperate Desperados!!

They are on their own undecided
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by freeradical(m): 4:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
PresVA:
I really don't understand you guys.. so you're saying the present economic situation isn't enough reason to reduce the number of intakes or delay the recruitment? Really? How do they cater for all the intakes given the situation? Shell, Chevron etc have sacked so many staff members, does it mean they don't have plans for the future? Or the sacked staff weren't productive? undecided How can you put your company at the mercy of an uncertain future? If your revenue generation declines, you have to find ways to reduce costs immediately. .or you want them to fund the administrative costs from their reserves? undecided .... If in the future things change and they need more hands, they can always employ.. Companies that were earning maybe trillions, now earn billions and you're telling them to act like everything is ok? How many oil companies are recruiting at this time? Many have put theirs on hold.. Oil price is fast declining and you're telling them to incur more expenses? When they should be looking for ways to cut costs. . Besides, they have many productive staff; not like no staff already..

You're just being sentimental if you say the current situation isn't enough reason for delay or whatever.. it's just unfortunate the oil price saga is happening at this time... You guys should just be patient...
You may not be totally wrong but the other guys too have a solid argument. You cannot compare NLNG with shell just like that because both companies operate different recruitment policies. Shell I know recruits graduates every year through their srd and sitp programs.They can afford to stop their recruitment for the next 5 years and still have the right people in their value chain. NLNG on the other hand last took graduates in 2007(a whooping 8years back). Even if the company has a very low staff turnover rate I believe they still require fresh hand who will take over the reins of the business for continuity sake. Besides do you expect people to still be doing the same jobs after almost a decade. To motivate staffs on NLNGs payroll you need to move them to higher jobs if not you risk having a drop in their productivity. That is what I feel led to our recruitment which started by 2013. If this is the case they should not allow any little short term hiccup to derail them. They should go ahead and execute the plan. Time is also very key. The earlier they take the GTs the earlier they reap the productivity that will come from each single individual they will take. If the recruitment had not been so fickle in the past by now they probably would have taken the initial number they need and nobody will be talking about oil price crash.

Though I agree that it also makes good business sense to cut costs even on the short term by reducing the number of intakes that's why I prefer they wait list some but there is no reasonable argument as to further delaying the resumption of the GTs. The truth is that they need GTs if they plan to continue doing business so they should just get it over with.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ItsTime4me(m): 6:40pm On Jan 27, 2016
Humans and our 'Oliver twist' nature. We never really get satisfied. We clamour for a little and when we get it, we demand for yet more. I remember very clearly that almost everyone here was angry with Nlng for their lack of communication. We were saying that they should atleast inform us about our status so that those who didn't make it can move on. Although late, they have eventually met our least expectation. Now, we want them to ask us to resume right away. I can understand such desperation, cos we are long over due. However, let's not be sentimental about the whole thing. You would agree with me that the stakeholders want to continue in business even into the future. The stakeholders and management must have met to discuss the best way forward, considering the current shape of things in the industry. They know they need us for the future of the company. But their business is going down. Even big players in the industry are experiencing the bite. They have to match their present needs with their future needs ( that's the essence of sustainability). I don't think it is economically expedient to absorb all GTs right away. Yes, the last GTs have been upgraded, but would bringing the new GTs cause more harm than good, considering the present situation? It's really a dicey situation for them, we must admit. The best they can do is absorb us in drabs and drabs or wait till things look up. However it is, # I still believe in Jah's undeserved kindness

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by wakama6: 7:38pm On Jan 27, 2016
man in its true nature is insatiable...

2 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 7:55pm On Jan 27, 2016
My heart goes out to my home boy @whatsupguys and also to all those that got the regret mails. Like someone rightly mentioned there are many routes to the top. I would just like to encourage yall to persevere. I have also missed many 'great' opportunities as well in the past. But my story is different today and that is only possible cos I kept trying. Many of my ex classmates that we graduated together have even stopped applying. The few that apply only do so to openings that ask them to come for interviews straight. But imagine small me, still sitting for aptitude test well over a decade after graduation. And countless regret mails on the side as well.

So maguys, DO NOT LET THIS HINDER YOUR QUEST FOR GREATNESS.

And as for the rest still in the game, I wish yall the best of luck.

Cheers.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by ladyF(f): 9:01pm On Jan 27, 2016
^^^
Awnnnnn kiss kiss kiss

adenitemi:

Hehe. Nice to know LadyF. If I knew all the monikers that I used to enjoy their comments by heart, I for mention all. So make nobody vex, abeg. Didn't even set out to know status or anything.

This one wey LadyF don dey use "we" for herself and tk4 (she even shorten am from tk4rd), ermmmm... I suspect that ermmmm... Gist us naa... wink grin
u go like amebor o grin

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by whatsupguys: 9:28pm On Jan 27, 2016
forkadict:
My heart goes out to my home boy @whatsupguys and also to all those that got the regret mails. Like someone rightly mentioned there are many routes to the top. I would just like to encourage yall to persevere. I have also missed many 'great' opportunities as well in the past. But my story is different today and that is only possible cos I kept trying. Many of my ex classmates that we graduated together have even stopped applying. The few that apply only do so to openings that ask them to come for interviews straight. But imagine small me, still sitting for aptitude test well over a decade after graduation. And countless regret mails on the side as well.

Cheers.

Thank you so much my boss of life. You have always been an inspiration to so many of us. You care with a passion. My prayer is that you will surpass your career expectations by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa......r (letter 'a' to infinity) in Jesus name! You just echoed and corrected something going on at the back of my mind. I said to myself, 'I am not going to write any company's test again and if my CV is good enough for them, we talk', maybe I will have to reconsider that. Once again CONGRATULATIONS FELAS wink

13 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by cashme28: 6:06am On Jan 28, 2016
forkadict:

Cheers.

So how did forkadict finally resign? Hope it was drama-free?

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Okinjay(m): 2:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
Hmmmmmmmnnnnnn.... It ish well
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Crr7: 4:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
The crude market sef... Mere hearing that OPEC oil minister will meet in Feb has pushed up prices around $35/b. Who knows, prices might have bottomed and the market becoming bullish again.

100 GTs would cost NLNG $15m pa (my wild estimates). I'm not sure the addition or removal of this amount would make any significant difference in nlng books (yes, even with the low prices).

We wait...

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 4:39pm On Jan 28, 2016
Crr7:
The crude market sef... Mere hearing that OPEC oil minister will meet in Feb has pushed up prices around $35/b. Who knows, prices might have bottomed and the market becoming bullish again.

100 GTs would cost NLNG $15m pa (my wild estimates). I'm not sure the addition or removal of this amount would make any significant difference in nlng books (yes, even with the low prices).

We wait...

I don't expect OPEC to cut output. We will head to $10 before we start heading up

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by dchem(m): 5:46pm On Jan 28, 2016
airsaylongcon:

I don't expect OPEC to cut output. We will head to $10 before we start heading up
I do not think the price has bottomed up yet (I wish it has). I believe it will never get to $10 as it below the cost per barrel of over 40%of the worlds daily production. There would have been a shortage which would not easily be filled by the remaining players thereby jacking up prices. From experience reopening shut-in wells is not just turning on the tap for most producers.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Aphrodite4(f): 6:09pm On Jan 28, 2016
Perfect storm really - crude oil price slump, cbn's stance on forex, force majeure frm feedgas coys, feet dragging on train 7's FID, 'restive' GT candidates a hair's breadth away from opening a changedotorg page referencing this recruitment.. Lol..
Nlng really has her hands full.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 6:17pm On Jan 28, 2016
Aphrodite4:
Perfect storm really - crude oil price slump, cbn's stance on forex, force majeure frm feedgas coys, feet dragging on train 7's FID, 'restive' GT candidates a hair's breadth away from opening a changedotorg page referencing this recruitment.. Lol..
Nlng really has her hands full.

Militants bursting all burstables. Come after the gboom for Warri how has electricity been in UNA side
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Aphrodite4(f): 7:12pm On Jan 28, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Militants bursting all burstables. Come after the gboom for Warri how has electricity been in UNA side

Pretty constant, 'we' have been lucky, our grid isn't dependent on Warri gas..
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Dfavouredone: 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2016
Quality Assurance and Quality Control: Keeping good things, good. Negligence is costly, too costly.

Lost 3500 pounds in 30 minutes just bcoz of a silly mistakes.

#SoberAndLearningTheLesson.

1 Like

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2016
Dfavouredone:
Quality Assurance and Quality Control: Keeping good things, good. Negligence is costly, too costly.

Lost 3500 pounds in 30 minutes just bcoz of a silly mistakes.

#SoberAndLearningTheLesson.

You they play forex gambling?
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by coolio2014(m): 8:13pm On Jan 28, 2016
This cannot happen! Common man! In how many countries can crude oil be produced at 10$/bbl and profit made still? Think on that.

airsaylongcon:

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by forkadict(m): 9:25pm On Jan 28, 2016
cashme28:

So how did forkadict finally resign? Hope it was drama-free?

My broda. NLNG break my backbone. I had already strategised how I intended to deal with the mofos. But alas, as part of the documentation involved in joining NLNg was this referral form that will be sent to my former employers for their complimentary or uncomplimentary comments about me. So the tin just make me gentle. I had to do all my best to ensure our parting was amicable. I swear the tin pain me gaan.

4 Likes

Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by airsaylongcon: 10:35pm On Jan 28, 2016
coolio2014:
This cannot happen! Common man! In how many countries can crude oil be produced at 10$/bbl and profit made still? Think on that.

Understand that what is going on in the oil market is a price war. OPEC members (meaning Saudi) intend to chase out shale producers. And in a price war no one cares about profit. The entire Gulf countries are in this for the long haul. Completely rout the enemy (Shale)
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by Badema: 2:01am On Jan 29, 2016
airsaylongcon:

Wow! At that price, Nigeria would have long gone out of Crude business for our cost of production is around $15 per barrel(unless we do a zero-profit regime to avoid extinction in E&P). I really don't see oil price going far below $25 per barrel as predictions are between $70 to $75 per barrel by ending Q2, at least giving you an indication that oil prices will rise even if not upto expectation, somewhere well above $30 per barrel.
Re: 2013 Nigeria Liquified Natural Gas (NLNG) Graduate Trainee by CHM11: 6:05am On Jan 29, 2016
Badema:

Wow! At that price, Nigeria would have long gone out of Crude business for our cost of production is around $15 per barrel(unless we do a zero-profit regime to avoid extinction in E&P). I really don't see oil price going far below $25 per barrel as predictions are between $70 to $75 per barrel by ending Q2, at least giving you an indication that oil prices will rise even if not upto expectation, somewhere well above $30 per barrel.

pls can u provide web links where you saw those predictions?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) ... (349) (Reply)

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum / Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.