Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,782 members, 7,820,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

Why I Ran Away From Home For 8 Years - FLAVOUR - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Why I Ran Away From Home For 8 Years - FLAVOUR (1365 Views)

Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently / Jesse Jagz: I Have Not Been To Church In 8 Years / 'I Have Not Had Sex For 8 Years Now' - Comedienne Mandy Says (pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Ran Away From Home For 8 Years - FLAVOUR by admin3: 11:05pm On Oct 28, 2013
www.jenifa.com
His single, Ada Ada has become a chart topping video and fans' delight. Flavour N'abania is the new king of Highlife music with an ever increasing fan base. Having performed in at least 24 African countries and touring the Unites States, he clinched the 2013 African Artiste of the Year at the Ghana
Music Award. Flavour whose real name is Chinedum Izuchukwu Okoli is not resting on his oars yet as he is about to release two hot videos. He spoke to SAMUEL ABULUDE on his rise to fame, why he abandoned his home for eight years and other sundry issues.
A lot of people have begun to refer you as the uncrowned king of collaborations, how does that make you feel?
I think I'm on the verge of earning that glory due to the unique style of my music. The fact that most of my collaborations turn out good and are being appreciated by fans makes me feel great. In every song I'm collaborating with anybody, I always try to bring in something new. I bring in my ingenuities into every song I'm being featured. The truth is that I must always try to bring in something commercial, something I know the fans and lovers of music would embrace and hold unto. I spend quality time thinking about the listeners and I keep trying to put myself in their shoes. I always ask myself, what are the fans going to hold unto in this song, even if it's just a word or phrase? So I keep looking out for such word or phrase. I have to create that unique word or phrase.
There is no way you will sing and be appreciated if you don't appreciate the fans and put them into consideration while composing the song. If you don't consider them you would end up singing and satisfying yourself instead of your fans. So what I bring to the table is the key factor in the success of most of my collaborations. But the core essence of collaboration is to see two different artistes combining their styles. You tap into my fan base while I also tap into yours. For instance, Omawumi is good; she was the first runner's up in West African Idols 2007. She is doing well in the scenery and has done good songs. So in the song, Bottom Belle, she brought in something while I also did. The same thing applies to other collaborations I have done with others.
Do you have price tag for collaborations like some big artistes?
It depends on the relationship I have with the person. The only artiste I ask to pay me for collaboration is the one I have nothing else to gain from apart from his or her money. But if you have a fan base, you don't have to pay me; I tap into your fan base while you also tap into mine. Except if you don't know what you are doing and you need me to bloom, that is where I collect money from you.
http://www.jenifa.com/2013/10/why-i-left-home-for-8-years.html#more

Re: Why I Ran Away From Home For 8 Years - FLAVOUR by Afam4eva(m): 11:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
Ogbanje blogger, nowhere in the story did he say anything about running away from home for 8 years.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Ran Away From Home For 8 Years - FLAVOUR by sylvar02(m): 11:52pm On Oct 28, 2013
Afam4eva: Ogbanje blogger, nowhere in the story did he say anything about running away from home for 8 years.

Maybe its just a write-up!!! Good lines op

(1) (Reply)

9ice Shows Off His Adorable Twins (photos) / Clarion Chukwurah Returns To Nollywood In Elvin Chuks’ Hustlers / Beautiful Mercy Aigbe Flaunts Her Range Sport | Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.