Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:40 PM

Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently (71178 Views)

Prince James Uche Is Dead! / Hospital To Throw Out Prince James Uche In New Year - Son Cries Out / Prince James Uche Goes Blind (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by wheesin(m): 8:19pm On Sep 07, 2015
I bet you guys may have heard him speak on AIT on his hospital bed. i almost cried hearing him beg for help with a pale voice. I felt sorry for him. I wish i could help him sad

Nollywood actor PRINCE JAMES UCHE dying from heart and kidney disease....A prominent Nigerian actor is now on the verge of death.A few days after popular actor, Muna Obiekwe, was reported dead from kidney failure, CHUX OHAI visits seasoned actor, James Uche, who has been battling with heart and kidney disease since 2007.

Unknown to many movie fans and fellow Nollywood practitioners, a former Vice President of the Actors Guild of Nigeria and seasoned actor, Prince James Uche, is still struggling to survive a strange illness that has kept him off the screen for eight years ago.

To make matters worse, Uche’s landlord has just served him a notice, ordering him to quit his residence at 45, Yetunde Brown Street, Gbagada, Lagos.The ailing actor, who now spends most of his time in the premises of a Catholic church near his residence, in an interview with our correspondent on Thursday, recounted how he found himself in his present condition.

He said, “All I can remember is that something struck me on the left side of my face about eight years ago, when I was heading for the burial ceremony of Pete Edochie’s mother at Nteje in Anambra State. I had no idea what hit me in the face, but it happened when I arrived at the junction leading to the town.“I got to the venue of the ceremony and stayed in the town for two days.

On the third day, I suddenly found that I could no longer move my body freely. Although I barely managed to get upon my feet, I could not climb up the staircase.“I had to wait till the following Sunday before deciding to leave for Lagos. But my friend, Edoche, persuaded me to follow him to Enugu where he lived at the time.

I slept in Enugu on that day. In the morning I went for treatment in a hospital.“After the doctor had finished examining me, he stared at me with his mouth half open in shock for a long time. When I asked what was wrong, he said I should have been dead. He took my pulse again and then, sweating, said my blood pressure was abnormally high. He said it had risen up to 300 and it was a miracle that I was still alive.”The doctor also told the actor that, judging by his blood pressure, he should have been dead or paralysed.

That was how Uche initially discovered that he had a heart problem.Although the doctor in the Enugu hospital prescribed a certain drug for his illness and instructed to take it for the rest of his life, Uche had thought it was nothing to worry about and he hoped to recover quickly. Unfortunately, eight years after, the actor, whose career has been seriously affected by the ailment, is still battling for his life.

Apart from spending all his life savings on hospital bills and drugs, the illness has cost him his marriage. In fact, E PUNCH gathered that at a point, Uche’s wife was forced to leave their matrimonial home because she could no longer cope with the burden of taking care of him and their three children.

Uche’s case has progressively declined over the past years. Apart from suffering an undefined heart disease, he is gradually losing his memory and sight (he could barely glimpse our correspondent). Also, to compound the actor’s problem, his kidneys no longer function properly.

Over the weekend AGN President Ibinabo Fiberesima stated that he hasn’t been forgotten but according to Prince Uche’s rep, a lot of the promises made have not been fulfilled.

Watch the video below:

*The video was first released in August 2013 and sadly the situation is still the same

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeeRnuy1WPw

Source: http://www.bellanaija.com/2015/02/09/nollywood-actor-prince-james-uche-reaches-out-to-nigerians-for-financial-assistance-as-he-battles-diabetes-and-hypertension/

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Aminat508(f): 8:24pm On Sep 07, 2015
May God be with you.... embarassed

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by emmaberry(f): 8:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
I cld help oh

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by politricks: 8:27pm On Sep 07, 2015
May God see you through this.Amen.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Shebarh(f): 8:28pm On Sep 07, 2015
if dis is true then it's a pity.. May the great healer heal you

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by wheesin(m): 8:33pm On Sep 07, 2015
Aminat508:
Source @Op?

I have included a source
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by therealdeal10: 9:25pm On Sep 07, 2015
Aaaiii wat a pity, 4rm grace 2 grass.

Dis is definitely an attack, dats y it's gud 2 put God 1st at wateva u do nobody knws wen d enemy wuld strike, evn though u r a celeb

Hope d Lord wuld touch d heart of pipu 2 save his life

7 Likes

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Ezeego1(m): 9:29pm On Sep 07, 2015
Lalasticlala please verify this and move it to front page. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Nonybb: 12:14am On Sep 08, 2015
Help now! When he dies now all these fakers will start writing condolence messages

22 Likes

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by mayorjosh(m): 12:25am On Sep 08, 2015
It pains me that all those still makin money don't learn from situations like this and invest

Wish him a speedy recovery

3 Likes

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Rexology: 1:31am On Sep 08, 2015
mayorjosh:
It pains me that all those still makin money don't learn from situations like this and invest

Wish him a speedy recovery
Bros its obvious you do not really understand the meaning of the saying that 'health is wealth'.
It does not matter how much one had saved or invested, one stupid sickness is capable of draining a very wealthy person and leave him/her with nothing.

Case Study: Job in the Bible.

87 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by pretydiva(f): 6:01am On Sep 08, 2015
This is so sad. I pray 4 divine healing upon u in jesus name. Nollywood should pls do something 2 help their own.

Life is not all about living an extravagant life style. Ur colleague needs ur help more than ever. Pls come 2 his aid,n d gud lord will richly bless u 4 doing so

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by WailingWailer00(m): 6:08am On Sep 08, 2015
When they have money they never help the poor, they spend lavishly like head of States, Kings etc
When wahala come, they beg like beggars
Timaya, Wizkid,etc be warned

Guy, if you wan die you're free

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Airforce1(m): 6:17am On Sep 08, 2015
Get well soon sir
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by blessedly(f): 9:10am On Sep 08, 2015
therealdeal10:
Aaaiii wat a pity, 4rm grace 2 grass.

Dis is definitely an attack, dats y it's gud 2 put God 1st at wateva u do nobody knws wen d enemy wuld strike, evn though u r a celeb

Hope d Lord wuld touch d heart of pipu 2 save his life
what is wrong with your own heart?
just asking...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by therealdeal10: 9:23am On Sep 08, 2015
Notin

If i cn help i will
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Ladybianca(f): 10:30am On Sep 08, 2015
I pray he gets d right help and survives this, Amen
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by ammyluv2002(f): 12:17pm On Sep 08, 2015
What's going on in Nollywood? Why are the men always sick? God, please sanitise our movie industry.

Get well soon great actor
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by darmys(f): 3:24pm On Sep 08, 2015
Please do not call anyone to donate.
i saw his official ad on tv
and they put his name and account number there.

Dont pay to private people o.
Do not let compassion get you scammed

PS: i am not doubting the details shared above. just saying
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by PenSniper: 4:48pm On Sep 08, 2015
Could the Nollywood be jinxed ?
Just a disturbing thought.
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Bonapart(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
Am sure he has been hearing how tb Joshua, through the help of God has delivered people from similar ailment and also help them stand financially

Help is only in God

If you put hope in Actors and their guild then am sorry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by kennyman2000(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
Hmmmm... Wish him quick recovery..

Check my signature for ur customised wristband
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by veekid(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
uhmmm
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by Dottore: 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2015
It's a pity. May God send helpers and heal him
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by saintkel(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
Sorry, God heal u
Re: Prince James Uche In Sick Bed For 8 Years & Needs Help Urgently by money121(m): 5:36pm On Sep 08, 2015
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Toke Makinwa's Hubby Impregnates Ex Girlfriend / Christina Milian , Rihanna Or Ciara, Who Is The Hottest? / Eudoxie Yao: Fans Struggle To Take Selfies With African Artiste With Biggest Bum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.