Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,864 members, 7,817,559 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

Does Anyone Have Any Clues Over What She Means Or What She Is Thinking? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does Anyone Have Any Clues Over What She Means Or What She Is Thinking? (540 Views)

Mark Zuckerberg: Facebook Is 'thinking About' A Dislike Button / Your Toilet Seat Is Your Thinking Chair: True Or False? / Kabiru Sokoto Gives Sss Clues On Sect’s Leaders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Anyone Have Any Clues Over What She Means Or What She Is Thinking? by TrickofTech: 11:32pm On Oct 28, 2013
Okay. I am really sorry to bring all this up AGAIN (pele o). I now fully expect a torrent of abuse and put downs from the Nairaland community, because it is what I am used to. But please, I pray, if there is any helpful people out there with an insight into the Nigerian woman's mind, please reply with some advice. What does she mean? What is she thinking? Because I do not want anyone to get hurt, particularly this amazing Nigerian woman:

This post follows on from: https://www.nairaland.com/1313544/really-liked-naija-yoruba-girl

So I had decided it was not even worth me explaining my feelings for her. That I care about her deeply. That I do not want to ruin things and risk hurting myself...but especially HER. I kind of gave up any chance in my head and thought we would stay friends.

I haven't contacted her for a couple of weeks. She phoned me during the day, I did not answer. I returned a call later in the evening. She had just returned to her family home. I THINK that there were family members near by. We had a phone call.

ME: "I saw my grandparents at the weekend"
HER: "They are still alive? You must work hard in this new job and have a family to make them proud"
ME: "Yes but I am still looking for a wife"
HER: "You must find one now, there is no time to waste, you must ask someone you know" [Context: She has said this a lot to me, along with 'return to Nigeria']
ME: "Yes I will find a good wife, what about you? You have found a husband?"
HER: "No I am still a little girl (giggles)" [Context: She is actually late 20's and a few years older than me] "You will have a Yoruba wedding in Nigeria abi?"
ME: "Yes I would like that very much! A street wedding! But I do not think I would find a oyinbo woman that would want a Yoruba wedding"
HER: "Ahhhh, so you are going to marry an oyinbo woman?"
ME: "Skin does not matter. Oyinbo or black. As long as they are good in character. What about you? I remember you said that you would marry Yoruba"
HER: "Yes, I must marry Yoruba {begins to whisper and talk very quietly} because they speak the same language, I do not want my husbands parents talking about me in a different language" [Context: She had repeatedly asked to speak to my parents on the telephone and say 'hello', I thought this a little odd from my culture's perspective and she always talks about it and repeats that she doesn't understand why she cannot talk to them]
ME: "Ahhhhh. I see. But you are very good character. Why would they talk about you?"
HER: {Still whispering} "Yes, Yoruba have very good character. They do not like to see harm to others"
ME: "Ahhhh, they are peaceful abi?"
HER: "Yes"
ME: "I remember very nice things about the Yoruba. You are very friendly and open, 'we are one' abi?"
HER: "Yes, 'we are one', you did not call me back earlier in the day. Why was that? You were busy abi?"
ME: "Yes I was out"

Conversation continues a little longer:

HER: "Do not let me waste your recharge"
ME: "Okay"

We end the conversation, but she sounds sadder and more downcast than usual when we ended the conversation.

======================

Am I going crazy or was she trying to tell me something? Was this just a normal conversation. I am sure we both like each other at least a little, although it has never been said. I played it very cool because I thought we were friends. She did a lot more talking than usual.

A little confused? My main concern is that she does not get hurt...but I would like to know peoples views on this conversation.

Thank you people!
Re: Does Anyone Have Any Clues Over What She Means Or What She Is Thinking? by sylvar02(m): 11:44pm On Oct 28, 2013
Smdh!!! She was trying to say “UP NEPA”

Mr. Learner
Re: Does Anyone Have Any Clues Over What She Means Or What She Is Thinking? by TrickofTech: 11:56pm On Oct 28, 2013
sylvar02: Smdh!!! She was trying to say “UP NEPA”

Mr. Learner

I knew I would get mugu comments. Please translate.

P.S. I am oyinbo (UK), she is Nigerian (in Nigeria) if you didn't know. We do know each other. I stayed with her and her family.
Re: Does Anyone Have Any Clues Over What She Means Or What She Is Thinking? by TrickofTech: 12:14am On Oct 29, 2013
Please. Enough with the silly, mugu comments. Yes I am a learner. I have stated the facts, WHAT DO YOU THINK SHE MEANS?

(1) (Reply)

The Most Handsome Nairalander? / 20 Hilarious Animal Facts / Nairaland Is Having Technical Hitch ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.