Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,586 members, 7,823,529 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church (804 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Check Out The Interior Views Of Pastor Oritsejafor's Private Jet (Photos) / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 7:58am On Oct 29, 2013
An Anglican bishop in Nigeria has launched a furious attack at Justin Welby for being “sympathetic to homosexuals” and says the Archbishop of Canterbury’s position on gay rights is “pathetic”.

The Most Rev Justin Welby risks allowing the Church of Nigeria to break away from the worldwide Anglican Communion, Bishop Emmanuel Chukwuma warned during a conversation with journalists at Nigera’s Akanu Ibiam International Airport.

Bishop Chukwuma had returned from Nairobi, where he’d been attending the Global Anglican Future Conference, along with 500 other Nigerian bishops.

He said: “We are not going to compromise. And we have made it quite known even to the Archbishop of Canterbury and to the whole Europe and America, that there is no compromise as far as the scripture is concerned. So, if they do not repent, we are ready to stand on our own and go ahead with that authority of the scriptures and confess that faith as Anglicans for the future of church of Anglicanism.

“We secede. We are ready to secede because if you look at Ephesians chapter 5, verse 7, it says that you should not have anything to do with those people [homosexuals] who are becoming disobedient. So, why should we yoke with unbelievers. So, if they do not repent, we are ready to say, go away, we go our way. We love them but we hate their sins.”

Bishop Chukwuma then turned his attention to last week’s Royal Christening of Prince George by the Most Rev Justin Welby.

“He (Archbishop of Canterbury) left a day before we came because he was going to baptise the grand child of the Queen of England. But we got his statement which is very pathetic that he is not straight forward about his stand on this homosexuality and we are not going to comprise with this at all.

“We feel that he is still sympathetic to these homosexuals and we need to really watch him. And if he does not come to our side, the next Lambert conference, we will not attend”.

The Archbishop of Canterbury admitted that the Church of England’s opposition to equal marriage was “utterly overwhelmed” by vocal supporters in July.

In April, Archbishop Welby held a meeting with Peter Tatchell, who urged him towards greater understanding of the LGBT community.

After the meeting, Mr Tatchell told PinkNews : “Archbishop Welby is clearly struggling to reconcile his support for loving, stable same-sex relationships with his opposition to same-sex marriage. I got the impression that he wants to support gay equality but feels bound by church tradition.”

In October, the former Archbishop of Canterbury, Dr Rowan Williams, accused the Church of England of an “appallingly violent” attitude towards gay people
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 8:04am On Oct 29, 2013
What really is the trend homosexuality wants to take.We know they have being here for generations.They want us to take them as they are.They want us to be comfortable as they express their kind of love on the streets.The issue is they will still try to compete for love if they are allowed...They wont wait to see people who are gay like themselves to come to them.they will also try to make people gay by wooing non-gays into this act....the church really doesn't want to encourage this tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 8:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Hmm...may JA help us.!!!
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Infomizer(m): 9:05am On Oct 29, 2013
White man gave black man this religion, black man now forming 'I can do it all by myself'. *I dey laugh*

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 9:25am On Oct 29, 2013
Are people not born gay?
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by italo: 9:27am On Oct 29, 2013
They want to quit now because the Church seems in support of homosexuality.

What about King Henry XVI's adultery and murder that brought about the beginning of the Church?

Those ones arent sins abi?
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by beryl04(m): 10:22pm On Oct 29, 2013
Hey vire what is it with you and homosexual topics.hmmmmm
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by woky: 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2013
chai..
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 3:18am On Oct 30, 2013
beryl04: Hey vire what is it with you and homosexual topics.hmmmmm
trust me mate u dont really wana kwn :-P

1 Like

Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 30, 2013
[quote author=nwuyag]Are people not born gay?[/quote)

SHOW ME A GAY GENE PLS!!!
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by beryl04(m): 7:33pm On Oct 31, 2013
vire: trust me mate u dont really wana kwn :-P

But it'll interest me to know if u don't mind cos I myself have more than a passing interest in that kinda topic.
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 02, 2013
beryl04:

But it'll interest me to know if u don't mind cos I myself have more than a passing interest in that kinda topic.

are you gay.... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue...i am just a little boy who really wants to understand dis gay tin..... grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by beryl04(m): 8:48am On Nov 02, 2013
vire:

are you gay.... tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue...i am just a little boy who really wants to understand dis gay tin..... grin grin grin grin grin

Let's leave our sexuality or preferences outa this.buh since u just want to understand 'this gay tins' it means ur affected in 1 way or another,mayb an acquaintance,neighbour,or even a relation is so, i'll implore u to keep an open mind and treat them as tho u'll treat them if u'd not found out they're gay.they are just dat way and can't change it so just show them that level of tolerance as u wud any other pesin.peace
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 2:15am On Nov 03, 2013
as a little boy i went to a boys skool........nigerian navy sec skool abeokuta ....we had some shemales there ........i used to the beating up crew when we catch them having gay sex since its an offense punishable by explosion and since most gays dont wana go home in shame wen caught they would prefer we beat dem up grin grin grin grin grin grin grin boy wat fun it was.....i left skool and wahlla i was in the UK and again i was working in a gay club and wow this was wen i knew wat gay sex can be....i will watch over 70 guys have sex in one night while i go about my small cleaning job in the pub somewhere under the surface train station in vaxhaull UK....then dey started coming for me cos i mistakenly put an ear ring on my right ear i guess.....lol or as some say i am drop dead handsome.........lol so yes i have had my share of it in front of me.......so maybe u can say i am still an under study for it........lol grin grin grin grin grin grin grin wink wink wink wink wink cool cool cool cool hmmmmmmm you have more than a passing interest.......how do you mean
Re: Anglican Church Of Nigeria Attacts Gay Views Of The English Church by Nobody: 5:17am On Nov 03, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged! / Message To All Lords Chosen By A Former Chosen Leader / Sweet Poison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.