Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,117 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:14 AM

Poduction And Expiry Dates For Breads In Nigeria - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Poduction And Expiry Dates For Breads In Nigeria (1163 Views)

Difference Between Expiry Date And Best Before Date / What's The Difference Between 'Best Before' And 'Expiry Date' / Bakers Sitting On Ready To Eat Breads (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Poduction And Expiry Dates For Breads In Nigeria by helsinkiman(m): 9:13am On Oct 29, 2013
It's time NAFDAC enforces the display of production and expiry dates on breads in Nigeria. It is very difficult to ascertain whether a bread is fit for consumption or it has expired. One cannot simply judge by the looks of the bread. I observe that it is the appearance of mucous that makes bread unfit for consumption in Nigeria. This is an health issue which relevant agencies especially NAFDAC should fix.
Recently I bought a value bread from UACN thinking it was fresh until I got home and discovered it was as hard as olumo rock. I couldn't have known when it was produced because there was no production or expiry date on it. Ditto for other bread manufacturers such as LEVENTIS etc. I believe if NAFDAC can enforce production and expiry dates on food items such as gala, they should do same for bread which is a staple food in Nigeria except they are happy exposing 160 millions Nigerians to health hazard.
Re: Poduction And Expiry Dates For Breads In Nigeria by MissyB3(f): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2013
Not just on bread and gala. Every food considered fit for human consumption should have its production and expiry date inscribed somewhere visible to consumers.

(1) (Reply)

No More Stress Of Cutting Vegetables / How To Stop Belly Bloat In 24 Hours / Microwave For Sale 10k And A 60 Broke Able Flat Plates Fr Sale For 20k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.