Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption (890 Views)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / 7 Ways To Reduce Data Consumption On Android. / Tethering From Android To Java Phones Via Bluetooth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 29, 2013
Fellow Nairalanders, I need your help, anytime I checked my Gionee Gpad 2 data consumption under the settings, I always find out that it is the highest consumer of data on my phone,consuming almost 50% of my bandwidth. This is really giving me headache, I have done all I know to stop this parasitic Android OS from sucking my data, but all to no avail

I Disable google data backup, all forms of synchronization and background data, I even go as far as doing factory reset and I installed droidwall, but it doesn”t workout, within a month, Android OS has consumed over 1.2GB of my hard earned data, the only solution I can come up with so far is to switch off data connection, but this solution is not all that effective because I cannot always switch off my data connection all the time.
Android Gurus in the house, please come to my rescue, I need your help,how do I prevent this parasitic and mischievous Android OS from connecting to the internet?

Please am counting on you people
Re: Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption by LordReed(m): 11:42am On Oct 29, 2013
Tolullopsy: Fellow Nairalanders, I need your help, anytime I checked my Gionee Gpad 2 data consumption under the settings, I always find out that it is the highest consumer of data on my phone,consuming almost 50% of my bandwidth. This is really giving me headache, I have done all I know to stop this parasitic Android OS from sucking my data, but all to no avail

I Disable google data backup, all forms of synchronization and background data, I even go as far as doing factory reset and I installed droidwall, but it doesn”t workout, within a month, Android OS has consumed over 1.2GB of my hard earned data, the only solution I can come up with so far is to switch off data connection, but this solution is not all that effective because I cannot always switch off my data connection all the time.
Android Gurus in the house, please come to my rescue, I need your help,how do I prevent this parasitic and mischievous Android OS from connecting to the internet?

Do you download, play online games/games that require internet, watch youtube or browse alot?
Re: Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
i dont play online games, i only make use of internet on d phone, but in d data usage under settings, Android OS is sucking a greater part of my data. Smbody help me oooooooooooooo
Re: Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption by habbyy03: 3:02pm On Oct 29, 2013
Tolullopsy: Fellow Nairalanders, I need your help, anytime I checked my Gionee Gpad 2 data consumption under the settings, I always find out that it is the highest consumer of data on my phone,consuming almost 50% of my bandwidth. This is really giving me headache, I have done all I know to stop this parasitic Android OS from sucking my data, but all to no avail

same hia bro...i also nid hlp
Re: Pls Help!!! Somebody Shd Save Me From ANDROID OS Abnormal Data Consumption by puskin: 4:14pm On Oct 29, 2013

(1)

Samsung Gamepad For Android Gives Your Smartphone A Joystick And Turns It Into A / Blackberry Cancels Two Phones To Be Released!!! / Samsung Seriously Loosing Its Grips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.