Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,504 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Web Development - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Web Development (1031 Views)

What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development / Web Development Using Java / Web Development Using ASP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Web Development by Knownpal(m): 11:23am On Oct 29, 2013
Can I start learning PHP and MySql with little or no knowledge on HTML?
Re: Web Development by Ajibel(m): 11:31am On Oct 29, 2013
You can buh it's awkward
Re: Web Development by CODEEATER(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2013
Its like boiling water to prepare noodles wen u havnt bought d noodles in question...

Or buying a TV set when u know dere is no power source in that area...
Re: Web Development by Knownpal(m): 12:42pm On Oct 29, 2013
Mehnnn!!! Can you please suggest some books you've read. Cause I'm using multiple books presently reading Definite Guide to HTML5.
Re: Web Development by Djtm(m): 1:56pm On Oct 29, 2013
Known_pal: Can I start learning PHP and MySql with little or no knowledge on HTML?
of course you can. Even though it isn't advisable to.
Re: Web Development by Djtm(m): 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2013
CODE-EATER:
Its like boiling water to prepare noodles wen u havnt bought d noodles in question...
lol cheesy of course you can. By the time you buy the noodles, it will take little time to cook it that boiz won't notice until you've already finished it.
Re: Web Development by Successguilders: 12:16am On Oct 30, 2013
Djtm:
lol cheesy of course you can. By the time you buy the noodles, it will take little time to cook it that boiz won't notice until you've already finished it.
or eat the noodles on the road, email me for web ebooks and videos.
emmanueltechnology15@gmail.com
Re: Web Development by webkuti: 7:22am On Oct 30, 2013
Known_pal: Can I start learning PHP and MySql with little or no knowledge on HTML?

PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly.
PHP is a widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP.

What You Should Already Know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:

HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

SQL is a standard language for accessing databases.

What is SQL?

SQL stands for Structured Query Language
SQL lets you access and manipulate databases
SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard

What are the only differences between SQL and mySQL in simple terms, and what are their usage for?

apples and applejuice
You're not comparing the same things.

SQL is a language. Specifically, the "Structured Query Language"

MySQL is one of several database systems, or RDMS (Relational Database Management System). MySQL is one of several RDMS's, others of which are Oracle, Informix, Postgres, and MSQL.

All of these RDMSs use SQL as their language. Each of them have minor variations in the "dialect" of SQL that they use, but it's all still SQL.

Basically, the difference between SQL and MySQL is the same as the difference between Spanish and Mexicans. Spanish is a language. Mexicans are one of a group of people that use Spanish. Mexican Spanish and Spaniard Spanish are mildly different in dialects, but they're still Spanish.
Re: Web Development by Knownpal(m): 10:33am On Oct 30, 2013
webkuti:

PHP is a server scripting language, and is a powerful tool for making dynamic and interactive Web pages quickly.
PHP is a widely-used, free, and efficient alternative to competitors such as Microsoft's ASP.

What You Should Already Know
Before you continue you should have a basic understanding of the following:

HTML, CSS and JavaScript.

SQL is a standard language for accessing databases.

What is SQL?

SQL stands for Structured Query Language
SQL lets you access and manipulate databases
SQL is an ANSI (American National Standards Institute) standard

What are the only differences between SQL and mySQL in simple terms, and what are their usage for?

apples and applejuice
You're not comparing the same things.

SQL is a language. Specifically, the "Structured Query Language"

MySQL is one of several database systems, or RDMS (Relational Database Management System). MySQL is one of several RDMS's, others of which are Oracle, Informix, Postgres, and MSQL.

All of these RDMSs use SQL as their language. Each of them have minor variations in the "dialect" of SQL that they use, but it's all still SQL.

Basically, the difference between SQL and MySQL is the same as the difference between Spanish and Mexicans. Spanish is a language. Mexicans are one of a group of people that use Spanish. Mexican Spanish and Spaniard Spanish are mildly different in dialects, but they're still Spanish.

Thanks!!!
Re: Web Development by dyweb(m): 10:01pm On Oct 31, 2013
W3schools is an execellent resource for a beginner.
Re: Web Development by GideonG(m): 7:06am On Nov 01, 2013
Start with www.w3schools.com then move to www.codeacademy.com

HTML is the easiest.
Re: Web Development by 5hyguy: 4:48pm On Nov 01, 2013
men dont try that, www.w3schools.com

check it out start with html

its just like going out of your house without clothes on grin
Re: Web Development by Knownpal(m): 8:48am On Nov 04, 2013
Thanks all. currently on Java, I hope Java applet is good for web design. What are it's strength and weakness for building websites.
Re: Web Development by Successguilders: 11:36pm On Nov 04, 2013
Known_pal: Thanks all. currently on Java, I hope Java applet is good for web design. What are it's strength and weakness for building websites.
you might email me for java videos
Re: Web Development by Knownpal(m): 10:39am On Nov 05, 2013
Successguilders: you might email me for java videos
E-mail sent!

(1) (Reply)

Detailed Comparison Between C# And Java By Obasanjo / How Do I Disconnect A Computer From The Server? / E-school Web Portal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.