Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,495 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! (22228 Views)

Life Before Marriage Vs Life After Marriage (photos) / Kneeling Down To Beg Your Spouse After A Fight. / What Changes Have You Noticed in You After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by martronilla: 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
I will come back and modify this post in about 7-8years time when I get married.... I hope Nairaland still exists by that time...
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by nbright: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
bigass: He became bossy and hardly apologizes for his mistakes in short he became kind-of unreasonable in many area especially,my needs
Which needs?. Financial?.
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
bigass: He became bossy and hardly apologizes for his mistakes in short he became kind-of unreasonable in many area especially,my needs

What did you expect when you used bigass (as ur moniker implies) to lure him into marrying you and now, he has realized he was wrong.

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by kingthreat(m): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2013
She now uses dildos when I'm away

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Nobody: 3:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
martronilla: I will come back and modify this post in about 7-8years time when I get married.... I hope Nairaland still exists by that time...

And to think you just joined nairaland, how old are you sef?

3 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Ejuski: 3:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
can't believe pple are saying these things about their wives.

2 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by bigx(m): 3:57pm On Nov 28, 2013
“Some of the biggest challenges in relationships come from the fact that most people enter a relationship in order to get something: they're trying to find someone who's going to make them feel good. In reality, the only way a relationship will last is if you see your relationship as a place that you go to give, and not a place that you go to take.” - Anthony Robbins

7 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 28, 2013
-
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
dgysoft: She became adamant unruly ugly troublesome nagging and also wider and deeper

Explain the bolded pls. grin Did you mean her pusssy?
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Danhumprey: 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
kovak: Her azz got bigger
Check the OP's profile pix! grin

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Exponental(m): 4:05pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nothing!
We both appreciate people being blunt about our defects. This has really helped us. On d other, I think she's always prettier after sex.

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Okijajuju1(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
She BLEEPS better.. No holds bar. grin

Like she let loose.. Now I run away from home.. grin I think she wants to kill me.. grin

Every other thing remains the same.

Although she is beginning to try to puch me to go to church. Small small nagging here and there. angry Thats a breach of our pre-nuptial agreement. angry

7 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Chiscomax(m): 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Okija_juju: She BLEEPS better.. No holds bar. grin

Like she let loose.. Now I run away from home.. grin I think she wants to kill me.. grin

Every other thing remains the same.

Although she is beginning to try to puch me to go to church. Small small nagging here and there. angry Thats a breach of our pre-nuptial agreement. angry

u married too? I doubt
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by socrateez(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
I have been married for over twenty six years so I can share my experience as to why spouses attitude to each other change after the razzmatazz of the wedding.

Firstly, in many relationships start with the wrong denominator: beauty, money, connection, lust, pity(yes, I've counselled couples who started their relationship out of pity and even had to advise them to discontinue the relationship).

Secondly, the inebriation of being in love does not allow each partner notice tell-tale signs of cruelty, selfishness, high-handedness, etc which are usually clearly discernible during courtship.

Thirdly, relationships are filled with irrationally high expectations which looks as if the other party is an angel. A classic example is a man who discovered that his wife does not know how to cook(except indomine) and they courted for three years before wedding. He was drunk with the wine of love throughout their courtship.

If you are already married and facing this challenge, there is hope and the changes can only come from you. Be the change you expect to see in your spouse. For instance, if your spouse is becoming less romantic or less considerate of you in the home, show him /her how to be display affection. I won't advise you to scold him or become violent or even try to retaliate, it won't work, I promise you.

If you are single, open your eyes; open your eyes. Be wise and sensitive. Attitudes are the smoke- they cannot be suppressed completely. if he/she does not call you as often as necessary or he does not return your calls for two days without a justifiable reason, it's a sign you should not ignore. Watch his/her attitude to his/her parents and siblings, you can anticipate what to expect in the relationship.

Finally, there is what I call "negotiables" and "non-negotiables" in any relationship. Negotiables are attitudes that, though they may not be good enough but you can live with them, overlook them and you can easily forgive them while no-negotables are those you can never live with and would need and angel to instruct you to forgive them. Know your negotiables. If you have too many non-negotiables in a relationship....save yourself from hypertension and early death.......RUN AWAY.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Vidamia(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
She is no more romantic

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by taiwolawal13: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
[quote author=dgysoft]She became adamant unruly ugly troublesome nagging and also wider and deeper [/wider and deeper, na well? ]
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
The thought of marriage scares me. I might end up getting a carrier for my kids.
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by bfmconcepts: 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
She became less romantic and less sexy after dropping 2
Now I know why people marry many wives

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by jaybee3(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
Had no expectation

Known her for eons
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by socrateez(m): 4:24pm On Nov 28, 2013
I have been married for over twenty six years so I can share my experience as to why spouses attitude to each other change after the razzmatazz of the wedding.

Firstly, in many relationships start with the wrong denominator: beauty, money, connection, lust, pity(yes, I've counselled couples who started their relationship out of pity and even had to advise them to discontinue the relationship).

Secondly, the inebriation of being in love does not allow each partner notice tell-tale signs of cruelty, selfishness, high-handedness, etc which are usually clearly discernible during courtship.

Thirdly, relationships are filled with irrationally high expectations which looks as if the other party is an angel. A classic example is a man who discovered that his wife does not know how to cook(except indomine) and they courted for three years before wedding. He was drunk with the wine of love throughout their courtship.

If you are already married and facing this challenge, there is hope and the changes can only come from you. Be the change you expect to see in your spouse. For instance, if your spouse is becoming less romantic or less considerate of you in the home, show him /her how to be display affection. I won't advise you to scold him or become violent or even try to retaliate, it won't work, I promise you.

If you are single, open your eyes; open your eyes. Be wise and sensitive. Attitudes are the smoke- they cannot be suppressed completely. if he/she does not call you as often as necessary or he does not return your calls for two days without a justifiable reason, it's a sign you should not ignore. Watch his/her attitude to his/her parents and siblings, you can anticipate what to expect in the relationship.

Finally, there is what I call "negotiables" and "non-negotiables" in any relationship. Negotiables are attitudes that, though they may not be good enough but you can live with them, overlook them and you can easily forgive them while no-negotables are those you can never live with and would need and angel to instruct you to forgive them. Know your negotiables. If you have too many non-negotiables in a relationship....save yourself from hypertension and early death.......RUN AWAY.

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:25pm On Nov 28, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
most ppl actually married because of s3x and other things to benefit from their partner, If you are going into relationship because of sex u better think twice if not by the time you have the sex twice with your so-called partner you will get tired of the whole thing and even blame yourself for going into the relationship (common among guys)
I doubt if anyone goes in2 marriage because of sex wen d s*x even happens b4 marriage moreova most guys allegedly get s*x frm anyone or anywhere b4 they get married so pls say somthng else.Just so u knw;there's a difference btw s*x&m**ing l*ve.
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by protonz(m): 4:28pm On Nov 28, 2013
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Bome01(m): 4:31pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmmm. . . *I dey observe
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
esbjay@gmail.co:
don't force yourself to love let the love come naturally and don't love because the guy/lady is rich, You may not like the end result. good aftrnoon
How do u differentiate love frm lust or love frm infuatuations? Its vry hard 2separate d 2 if u'r experienced r/shp wise.

There're ppl who claim 2love u yet they can't go extra mile 4u.Love is so over rated plsss.There're better thngs 2look out 4 b4 u get married.

1 Like

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sincerely for me, she became more humble and less demanding.
Unlike when we where in courtship. grin

"Quality time" is the only challenge @ hand.

2 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Beync(f): 4:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
No remarkable changes except that he has added like 8pounds angry
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
Human beings ar bound 2change cos change is a constant thng.
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Gpattern(m): 4:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
guys sorry for not sticking to the question... Plz i need advice, am about getting married in january but just notice that there is this guy on bbm that is flirting with my babe up to the point of sending her love song via bbm, what should i do... Because am angry about it.
Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Eyop: 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gpattern: guys sorry for not sticking to the question... Plz i need advice, am about getting married in january but just notice that there is this guy on bbm that is fleet with my babe up to the point of sending her love song via bbm, what should i do... Because am angry about it.

Brother i will advice you create another thread for that so that the concentration will be on that and i will also comment and advice you wink

2 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by JadeWilliam(f): 4:50pm On Nov 28, 2013
There're reasons y somone might change afta marriage for example if ur husbnd used 2help out in d kitchen or help wit washin during courtship;it might not b happenin afta marriage cos afta marriage,there's more responsibility on his part.

During courtship,d lady was stil under d care of d parents or independent per say but afta marriage,d young man has 2mov frm a one bedroom flat 2a 3bedroom flat 2accomodate inlaws&d new baby.

Talk of rent&furnishin d apartment,buyin a new car 4d wife if sh's got none b4 marriage;fuelin d cars;food;nepa bill,baby thngs,hospital bills,wife's bills&inlaw's demands(probably trainin d wife's siblings in school) or payin their hospital bills&so on.

2 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by adanny01(m): 4:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
She used to buy a whole chicken for me, gifts and make or buy a cake for all my birthdays. My first birthday after marriage when i saw no sign of goodies, i asked, 'honey, how will my birthday look like' she relied, 'are you a kid?'.

I was like, 'what'.

After the baby, sex became a duty. It help that i work away from home and come once in 2-3months. Even then, sex will be once or twice till i leave.

Quite a lot of changes but to mention just two.

2 Likes

Re: Changes You Noticed In Your Spouse After Marriage! by Eyop: 4:55pm On Nov 28, 2013
Jade William: There're reasons y somone might change afta marriage for example if ur husbnd used 2help out in d kitchen or help wit washin during courtship;it might not b happenin afta marriage cos afta marriage,there's more responsibility on his part.

During courtship,d lady was stil under d care of d parents or independent per say but afta marriage,d young man has 2mov frm a one bedroom flat 2a 3bedroom flat 2accomodate inlaws&d new baby.

Talk of rent&furnishin d apartment,buyin a new car 4d wife if sh's got none b4 marriage;fuelin d cars;food;nepa bill,baby thngs,hospital bills,wife's bills&inlaw's demands(probably trainin d wife's siblings in school) or payin their hospital bills&so on.

No one is forcing the guy to do all that you have mentioned. There are some families that doesn't have car or live in a flat but rather One room apartment and inlaws still visit.

There are a lot of marriages out there that doesn't enjoy all those benefits but it still goes on well without any issue. Any couple that wants to change will still do so irrespective of any condition or situation they find themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Marriage Without Bride Price / 107-Year-old Woman Seeks First Husband / Her Husband Lied About His Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.