Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,598 members, 7,827,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! (1905 Views)

Addax Retrenches Over 90% Of Its Contract Staff / List Of Companies That Use And Dump Their Staff In Nigeria / Zenith Bank Or Diamond Bank Job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by megola: 6:36pm On Oct 29, 2013
pls house ur advise is needed urgently. Is it beta stayin and home writing job aptitude tests or take up a job as a contract staff in a bank? Advise pls. Tank u as u drop ur comments and reasons
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by kelvin1191(m): 6:45pm On Oct 29, 2013
My dear, u better take up the job @hand.
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by Xtaceeey: 6:48pm On Oct 29, 2013
Lolz is writin job aptitude test a kind of hobby 2u? U seem 2enjoy d package ooo.. U don see work do, wud u rada sit @home?

U beta tk d offer, atleast u wud be gainin experience nd also leavin d status 'fresh graduate' wch is a plus nd an edge in d job search industry. Beta ones wud come along d way!! Congrats
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by megola: 6:49pm On Oct 29, 2013
tanks bro. God bless u
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by didicold(f): 7:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
Try d contract work, i understand d temptation to keep searching for d perfect job and if u take d contract u wont av free time to pursue other avenues, right? Well it depends on d stage of job search u are in, and d experience wit d contract work might give u leverage in d job market.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by Mustay(m): 7:33pm On Oct 29, 2013
Take the contract, remain focused and you can branch out later! However, if staying at home is your hobby, continue writing the tests but employers actually don't see it as work experience. When they ask you "what have you been doing?" Would you rather say you've been writing tests Hope you get the gist wink We may not always start according to our dream plans hence my advice that you remained focused so that the contract job doesn't redesign your career line to another degree that's unfavourable!

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by mrking3(m): 7:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
MY ADVICE: stay at home and keep writing aptitude test! This is just †ђξ most useless question I've seen on Nairaland!!!!!!
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by alotofgrace(m): 7:35pm On Oct 29, 2013
contract staff doing 100% full staff job and getting 10% of full staff (s)alawi...
well for me...i wont remain jobless...and i wont get bank job either...i'll go learn things i need to learn
remember..my opinion undecided undecided
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by ddjay: 8:06pm On Oct 29, 2013
alotofgrace: contract staff doing 100% full staff job and getting 10% of full staff (s)alawi...
well for me...i wont remain jobless...and i wont get bank job either...i'll go learn things i need to learn
remember..my opinion undecided undecided
i like this,nice1.reminds me of an admin job i did sumtime ago.salary finished b4 month end on transport/feeding,even when i mix transport and long trecking to cut down d cost
Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by megola: 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2013
thanks to everyone dat commented nicely. Mr King..... y u de provoke na? na because u neva get any job?

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by Nobody: 8:39pm On Oct 29, 2013
A bird in hand is worth a million in the bush..IMO take the contract job who knows they might just retain you when the contract is over if you are deligent and very hardworking

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by naturalwaves: 11:19pm On Oct 29, 2013
I have been there and done that. If you pick up the contract job, You will have to forget about writing aptitude tests cos you will never have the time. In my time, I used to pretend as if I was sick few days to my Aptitude test and then pretend I have totally broken down on d- day. At other times, I just get a sick leave to get the chance. The question is, how many times are you gonna do that? Sometimes, I call Workforce and Dragnet for a test reschedule preferably on weekends but it does not work all the time.
A bank job won't even give you the time to practice and strategise for your tests and your tests schedule will always be clashing with work hours.

If you need the cash to put body and soul together you may take it up for the meantime but note that it will affect your ability to honour as much test schedules as you want for jobs BUT if you are not under any form of pressure financially, if you have someone that still takes care of you and that gives you petty cash for those little things like recharge cards and all, I will suggest you maintain your cool and forget about the contract job in the bank. Don't ever lose an opportunity to work in a good firm because of one yeye contract bank job.

NOTE: If you finally settle for the bank job, anytime you have a test, make sure you go write it no matter what. They will shout on you later on and threaten you with a 'memo' or even give you one but how long are you gonna do that? The ball is in your court my dear.

3 Likes

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by ortodox: 9:39am On Oct 30, 2013
Its ok 2 take d job. it also depends on the locaton i.e is it within same region where u live or ?? if u can cope with it for d main
time b4 d main one comes whynot?

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by benzion72(m): 10:14am On Oct 30, 2013
Take the job on the condition that you will be focus on job search and not be carried away, another challenge is that you will not have time to be going for interview as you like.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by sonssyo: 9:04am On Oct 31, 2013
@ naturewaves nice one there.i wz in d same shoe wit u long time ago.contract job for bank is damn useless.i nvr give up my dream of obtaing my msc.yea i hv to break d law by doing dat.lecturing stuff .my dear u may take d job.do the job as if ur life do nt depend on it.u wil even find out dat ur talent is far beta dan d so called full staff.cheers

2 Likes

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by naturalwaves: 2:51am On Nov 01, 2013
^^^ Wow! Part of why I left was for further studies too and I want to be a Lecturer too. Seems we have a lot in common. Lol.

1 Like

Re: Pls Advise! Working As A Contract Staff In A Bank Or Staying Jobless! by mkoabiola: 8:05am On Nov 01, 2013
Staying jobless is d best.

(1) (Reply)

URGENT: 9 Teaching Vacancies Available In A Prestigious School In ABUJA / Application For The VSO-ICS Volunteering Program In Nigeria / 6th Febuary 2016 Job Vacancies On Nigerian Companies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.