Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,838 members, 7,820,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:06 AM

Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct (1522 Views)

Check Out How Ondo People Are Appeasing The Gods For The Epidemic Disease / 10 Extinct Nigerian Languages And What You Think Can Be Done To Save The Rest / Studies Show That Black People Are Genetically Programmed To Be Slaves! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct by Ajuran: 9:37am On Oct 30, 2013
The Black community discriminates against itself. Darker skin is almost a curse to some Black people. I understand that lighter skinned individuals or persons passing the antiquated “paper bag” test, which we STILL use today, got better jobs post Reconstruction and even after the Civil Rights Movements of the 60’s. Even so, we need to move forward. People are beautiful if they’re beautiful. If they’re not, they’re just not. Complexion is a moot point. Yet, we still pass along terms like “red,” “red bone,” high yella,’” and “yellow” to our children who often inherently struggle with self esteem anyway. One parent agreed that he was so happy to FINALLY find a White wife. This way his children would have a better life. Wow.

There are cohorts of Black people who deliberately make babies with someone who is non-Black. The sheer act is insulting, ridiculous and branches from ideas of self-hate which are grounded in slavery. Black is bad. If you can’t be White, at least “pass for White.” Take love however it comes. I sure will! But, intentionally not wanting to date someone of your own race is pure insanity. I actually asked a Black girl why she was obsessed with her mission to have a baby with a man who was either White or Latino. Her riveting response was, “I want me a pretty baby!” While I have no objections to dating outside of one’s race, I do have to note its implications on producing biracial prodigy. Have you noticed that when a kid has one Black parent, he/she is automatically called Black? This holds true for no other race. Additionally, it certainly skews the data when attempting to tabulate the degree to which Black people have increased/decreased in number.

http://joyobidiketellsit..com/2012/08/five-reasons-why-black-people-are.html
Re: Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct by Fulaman198(m): 1:10am On Oct 31, 2013
You do realise that the nonsense you have learned living in America does not apply here to Nigerians? you are wasting your time. All this terminology, red, red bone, high yella is American terminology that most Nigerians are not familiar with.

Ajuran, you are not even Somali. You are American, you speak like an American and you have the mindset of one. Why are you posting links that are not Nigerian related but American?

3 Likes

Re: Why Black People Are Becoming Extinct by Ajuran: 3:11am On Oct 31, 2013
Fulaman198: You do realise that the nonsense you have learned living in America does not apply here to Nigerians? you are wasting your time. All this terminology, red, red bone, high yella is American terminology that most Nigerians are not familiar with.

Ajuran, you are not even Somali. You are American, you speak like an American and you have the mindset of one. Why are you posting links that are not Nigerian related but American?

Please leave me alone mr moderator

(1) (Reply)

Evidence That The Igbos Are The Oldest Group In The South Lies Along The Coasts / Nigeria - Where Boys Marry Corpses / The Female Pastor Who Preaches With Her "Manchester" Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.